Christmas

Christmas Tree

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gonna slip this is here. I dunno, this time if year I can't help but think of the thousands of kids who will have the grand sum of fuck all. No presents, no turkey dinner, not even a fucking cracker.

Saddens me anyway and it's wrong.

This might do nothing and might help a bit, even if only to lessen my own guilt as I stuff my face.

http://m.england.she...variant=via-sms

Good stuff.

Can't be fucking arsed with graft tomorrow. It's always morale-crushingly boring on Christmas Eve.

I wanted to work xmas ever this year as it's always a complete doss, I will leave early and I get another day off for working it.

Regretting that decision now, even if I will appreciate it on Friday.

You're always ill. Your immune system must be almost as compromised as your arsehole.

:lol: You try living with two Drs and a Dentist. The amount of bamps they have to deal with on a daily basis is depressing, the amount of virulent diseases they bring home with them from those bamps is staggering.

Urghhh. Thought I'd make life easier by preordering food at M&S. It's worked for the previous 5 years, but was horrendous this year at the silverlink. Had to queue from 8 until 9.30, the queues behind me were even worse. Not doing this again.

The anti-biotics have given us the shits. Had to sit down wipe as didn't have the energy to stand. Not that I'm a stander but even if I had been. Worse part was that it was so explosive that there were splashes on the floor. The floor ffs. Fortunately abroad we don't do carpeted bogs.

What antibiotics are they Chez? Co-amoxiclav maybe? Broad spectrum antibiotics will fuck your guts, whether they'll benefit your sinusitis is debatable unfortunately. Hope you're feeling better soon, obviously.

Edited by Renton

Aye, Augmentin. My symptoms appear to be inconsistent with viral sinusitis (no chest symptoms etc) so there is a stronger chance of it being bacterial but as you say, I could be necking 6 pills a day just to turn my arse into a shit-sneezing machine.

Christmas starts properly for me today.

Brother and family coming round for lunch today, then I'll be prepping for tomorrow's lunch, a film with the kids before we pack then off to bed, vibrating with excitement.

NORAD Santa tracker checked at regular intervals today :lol:

Happy Christmas Everyone!

A last minute exchange and completion threatened to ruin my quiet day at work.. all sorted now though (other than the estate agents being closed and the buyer having no clue where the keys are.. but still..)

30 People Who Ruin Christmas Every Year

1. People who carefully open presents to preserve the wrapping paper.

2. People who sign Christmas cards on behalf of their pets.

3. People who adhere strictly to the circles they drew in the Radio Times.

4. People who buy Lynx Gift Sets despite having a fully functional sense of smell.

5. Carol singers. All of them. No exceptions.

6. People who go to the gym on Christmas Day.

7. People who require you to stay sober so you can drive them home later.

8. People who refuse to wear a party hat round the dinner table.

9. Hungover adults who try to stifle the joy of noisy children on Christmas morning.

10. People who boldly declare “I couldn’t eat another thing” just before dessert.

11. People who take a moment to reflect on the real meaning of Christmas.

12. People who use cracker jokes as an invitation to tell their own abominations.

13. People who choose a classic carol as their favourite Christmas song.

14. People who eat all of the orange creams in a shared tin of Quality Street.

15. People who celebrate their birthday during the festive period and complain when you can’t make their party.

16. Noel Edmonds.

17. People who don’t keep the receipt.

18. People who pronounce it “Chimley”

19. Lone parlour game enthusiasts.

20. People who take their decorations down before New Year’s Eve.

21. People who insist Robin flew away when in actual fact he laid an egg.

22. People who count the calories in their Christmas dinner.

23. Elderly relatives who kiss you on the lips.

24. People who proudly declare their Christmas shopping was completed in November.

25. People who sing politely during “Five Gold Rings” instead of shouting raucously.

26. People who suggest the modern image of Santa Claus was created by Coca-Cola.

27. People who openly mock sprouts but happily eat Twiglets.

28. Pets that refuse to wear reindeer antlers.

29. Family members who stage their laboured goodbyes during the climax of Eastenders.

30. Vegans.

Edited by Sonatine

Present shopping was done an dusted last week.

Did our food shop saturday night and the place was empty. We still need to pick up some crackers and juice today but we are cat sitting for some friends and pass the store on the way.

Arranged times to Skype with both sides of the family tomorrow.

Back to work on Boxing day as the USA gives christmas eve and christmas day off. It should be nice and slow and i can get caught up with some work. Wife is not back until the 7th though after being off since thursday.

But when its about 24 degrees outside it does not quite feel like christmas. :lol:

and nice to know Gems is not losing the house!

2. People who sign Christmas cards on behalf of their pet

Just wrote out a couple of gift tags to my niece and nephew from the cats. :razz:

I've had some cards with pets names included. Not fussed but no way am I including pets name on the response!

Fucking sellotape btw, why the fuck has something better not been invented?

Loving the Xmas break already.

Had a lovely morning down at Shields beach with the wife and bairns, followed by a nice stroll through the town centre to visit the Daughter who was still at work.

Then watched a couple of immigrants belting out a fantastic European version of Jingle Bells. Very upbeat and off key.

Spotted a Nigella recipe book in the charity shop window as well. Canny bargain.

About to hit the local Italian with friends and family for our traditional Xmas eve tea time get together before racing home to "beat Santa".

Tomorrow the whole family will be joining me at trough manor and then an afternoon in the pub on Boxing Day watching the match.

Loving it.

Hope you all have a great one and Santa brings you lots of presents.

Enjoy.

Well the Bigot has landed. When I said I live near Brixton she asked if I had to pay more insurance because I lived near "all that lot". Followed it up with a Daily Mail rant about money going from the Government to the arts. Then the family fucked off to the local church service and I got to play FM13 for a bit and have a few drams of my Dad's whiskey stash.

Favourite bit of Xmas, already over. Just the food and getting to rant about shit presents left now.