Christmas

Christmas Tree

The amount of fuckers here off until after New Years from now, are you at school?!

Can't complain too much, was down to do long days Mon-Thurs next week but got a Muslim to do 25th and 26th, giving me those days off for the fifth year running since I qualified. Still doing Christmas Eve and 27th though. Then off from 29th until 14th Jan!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of pannacotta. Rubbery shite!

All xmas shopping done and wrapped. Mrs and I exchanged presents last weekend as I'm not seeing her until New Year's. Got me Dead Island and a Sonic the Hedgehog belt. :D

We're off to spend eve and day with the cousins in Plymouth. Going out to a pub for a festive feast on xmas eve and then xmas dinner on xmas day. I *think* I'm expected to do most of it, but I might just get pissed instead.

Just got back from the Christmas shop. Totally fucked over by the wife :(

Had a nice little list prepared for her getting home from work which basically covered all the essentials. Two hours later I could feel me turning into Gemmills vision of pig man as I tried to manouvre this bulging trolley whilst the wife carried what wouldnt fit in. Im so embarrassed I couldnt begin to tell you how much it came to.

The good point however was that I got white and dark rum so will shortly be settling down to a mai tai.

Tbf the supermarket was a breeze, not over crowded and straight through the check outs.

Our lass is currently writing out the "what we forgot" shopping list.

I helped my mam with her Christmas shop last night. I've helped her with shopping plenty times before because she's in a wheelchair but fucking hell last night was the worst ever. I thought I was going to die in Morrisons surrounded by party food and small bottles of Kronenbourg (every year, no one drinks it). And with my mam stopping to greet every passer by who, naturally, was a long lost friend.

That's why you never let the woman shop. If my lass does the shopping we end up with all manner of shit but next to nothing you could make a meal with. It's their hormones.

Wtf is that all about? It makes no sense at all. First time I became aware of it was flat sharing with 2 lasses and another lad. When we moved in we initially had plans to share shopping cooking cleaning etc. First food shop was a £20 each (this is in the 90s too), the lasses came back with indoor clothes lines, clothes pegs, air fresheners, batteries etc and around one and half meals for the four of us. The whole affair soon descended into a shambles.

"Got a Muslim to do it". :lol:

"Hey Muslim! Old Muzzie over there. Yeah you. I've got a couple of Christmas shifts here, and I want YOU to do them for me. You got that Osama?"

:lol:

More or less it.

I did scarper to the shops and get her a cake and a card when she told us shed forgotten it was her birthday.

Did Heaton Sainsbury's tonight around 8pm; remarkably quiet.

Last day tomorrow; 5pm Forth, 6pm Tilleys, 7pm Bodega, 8pm taxi

Saturday; weather so bad that QPR is now a necessity as non-league will be off

Sunday; supplementary shopping & housework

Xmas Eve; hospital appointment in AM & then collection of elderly visitors who are staying with us

Xmas Day; 7 of us in total

Boxing Day: Benfield v Whitley Bay at 11. Probably pub in afternoon or early evening

27th & 28th no plans

29th: Annual football on Longsands game - kick off 9.45, then non league PM, before pub for Arse game

30th; nothing

31st; nothing - drinks in house but saving self for

New Years Day: Shields - the traditional trip to Hades

2nd: Dunston v West auckland

3rd; back to work

I'll be spending Christmas eve and Christmas morning with the bairn and his daddy. We split up a couple of months back but thought it best for the bairn to spend it all together. Then it'll be lunch at my parents then working Boxing day and all of new year.

That's why you never let the woman shop. If my lass does the shopping we end up with all manner of shit but next to nothing you could make a meal with. It's their hormones.

:no: Where do you get that from?! We're not all dippy and unorganised :rolleyes:

I've had a lovely week off (Birthday week, got to be done :) ) Hubby closes the garage today until after New Year and I go back to work this Sunday! :unsure: I can't book Christmas week off, but luckily I swapped Chirstmas Eve night so I've got that and Christmas day off but then back in on Boxing night for 3 nights. Then I'll be working New Year's eve then one night off then another two nights! Although I love Christmas, it's so stressful for me. I have my sister and Mum in Law to stay too plus going to work. I've done ALL the Christmas pressie shopping and wrapping myself (hubby never even knows what I've bought anyone)!

Food shopping is mainly done except the veggies. Had most of it delivered from Sainsburys and did abit at Tescos yesterday. Hate the food shopping part of it.

Went to town earlier to have my hair done and it was manic!! So glad I'm almost ready, just got to do the housework now!

Two weeks holiday as of today. Skipping the annual jaunt to the toon. Going to miss the Christmas Eve pissup in Ponteland Village but not having to travel the length of the country makes up for it. Though all the family staying with us for a week makes me question the move. Silver lining is they'll all be up for getting up with the bairn while we lie in.

Going to the arsenal game on the 29th. Other than that, not doing much beyond eating, drinking and watching crap on the telly. Happy Christmas everyone!

My boss rang me today to ask if I'd come in for a half day between Christmas and New Year to meet his replacement who will be starting on the 2nd. I told him no thanks, I'd wait and meet this bloke on the 2nd. :lol:

He wasn't happy, but fuck that.