Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

2bias

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But how would he be against Sunderland? We need to consider the important questions!

No one knows, at least he's not a drunk driver, like drunk driver Quinn has he said sorry about that yet? how many fans did Sunderland take to Grimbsy on a rainy tuesday night in 1957? It was less than Whitley Bay took to the FA vase that's for sure. Has Pascal Chimbonda apologised for spitting in a players face yet. Lots of questions not enough time.

It's ridiculous to say Mbiwa is a good player based on ONE performance, of course if he has one poor performance then we can discredit his entire career and just call him shit. El Hadj Diouf hit his wife didn't he? he spat in someones face too? hmmm

Has Quinn said sorry yet? has he made a charity to take down drunk driving? No, instead he hires people that spit in peoples face.

No one knows, at least he's not a drunk driver, like drunk driver Quinn has he said sorry about that yet? how many fans did Sunderland take to Grimbsy on a rainy tuesday night in 1957? It was less than Whitley Bay took to the FA vase that's for sure. Has Pascal Chimbonda apologised for spitting in a players face yet. Lots of questions not enough time.

It's ridiculous to say Mbiwa is a good player based on ONE performance, of course if he has one poor performance then we can discredit his entire career and just call him shit. El Hadj Diouf hit his wife didn't he? he spat in someones face too? hmmm

Has Quinn said sorry yet? has he made a charity to take down drunk driving? No, instead he hires people that spit in peoples face.

:D

• 2 months later...

Mirror is reporting that Roma have cancelled MYM's loan deal 1 match short of triggering the £5.5m clause.

Could be good for us, if for no other reason than it's another body in an awfully weak position.

Mirror is reporting that Roma have cancelled MYM's loan deal 1 match short of triggering the £5.5m clause.

Could be good for us, if for no other reason than it's another body in an awfully weak position.

Could work out very well if we get in Garde who likes to have the ball played out from the back, I'm sure he'd far prefer Mbiwa for that than Williamson.

Could work out very well if we get in Garde who likes to have the ball played out from the back, I'm sure he'd far prefer Mbiwa for that than Williamson.

We still have Colo though, and I thought the main issue there was that they're too similar to play together. Not sure I ever saw this proven in fairness, but I remember it being said.

So the clause was that if he played another game, they'd have to buy him for £5.5m? I thought he was doing well there, why the sudden about face?

That's how I read it, not 100% sure though.

Might not have anything to do with performance, might be a cash thing, might be a personality thing? maybe we've had a word because it's cheaper than buying a new player isn't it?

Agree with that, Colo's pace is disappearing with every game, so I'd ask him to do the more physical job & let Mapou do the job that requires a little more finesse.

Having read up on it, it doesn't look as if they're about to send him back to us. Looks more like they're trying to force our hand in agreeing a lower fee. They're still going to keep him and fully intend to buy him, by all accounts.

Having read up on it, it doesn't look as if they're about to send him back to us. Looks more like they're trying to force our hand in agreeing a lower fee. They're still going to keep him and fully intend to buy him, by all accounts.

That's a bit fucking silly isn't it?

Can't imagine Ashley (or his agents(by agents I mean people working on his behalf, not "agents in a Monster Monster/Jerry Maguire" style)) accepting a lower fee than one previously agreed, especially if MYM has been playing consistently.

So we'd either get the full value we previously agreed, or we get the player back? Fine. If he comes back I'm sure we could sell him for closer to £8m, given his Champions League experience & all that jazz.

Or am I missing something?

I think the idea is that they know we need to sell before we can buy, and that unless we sell him, we're unlikely to get anyone else through the door. We might settle for a lower fee if it means we can get one of our own targets over the line.

What they clearly don't realise, is that we have no targets.

Edited by Rayvin

I think the idea is that they know we need to sell before we can buy, and that unless we sell him, we're unlikely to get anyone else through the door. We might settle for a lower fee if it means we can get one of our own targets over the line.

What they clearly don't realise, is that we have no targets.

Do we? I don't think that's the case at all. I think that we'll have a set of targets on our radar and if we get them for bum all now, we'd sign them, if their price will drop by the summer, we'll wait.

We're financially comfortable (or as comfortable as a football that's outside of the upper tier can be) & don't need to free up funds to buy a player, like West Brom or Swansea do.

If we were going to sign a Centre Half this window, that's a decision made in isolation of Yanga Mbiwa's situation and as such Is it not the case that MYM is, to the NUFC management's thinking, an ex-player? We were not expecting him to return, but he's surely worth more than £5.5m if he does? We were expecting that much for Mapou at the end of the agreement (or after a certain number of games), if he returns we can flog him or play him, if he doesn't return, well then we get that expected sum. It's win-win.

in fairness it's exactly something we would do

I just think our position is one that they can't really take advantage of with this strategy?

Edited by The Fish

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm merely suggesting that this appears to be how Roma are thinking. They've dropped him for no reason at all, much to the shock of their fans, and this would appear to be the widely accepted thinking behind it.

The fact that this strategy is misguided is not the point, in this instance. Ultimately, I don't think they're going to give him back.

Edited by Rayvin