Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

I don't see the problem in having Perch start. He can drop deep to give cover to the fullbacks.

Anita operates defensively too, but has way more flair and positivity to him. Perch is favorable only to a negative manager.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has the potential to be that.

He's excellent on the ball but he's also a beast physically too. He's really quick, strong, good in the tackle and has an excellent leap on him too. In the thread I mentioned I didn't think we stood a chance of buying him as I thought that some of the elite clubs would be in for him.

The precision of his distribution, even under pressure, appears to be magnificent. He's going to make Willo look like a pissed up teenage girl.

The precision of his distribution, even under pressure, appears to be magnificent. He's going to make Willo look like a pissed up teenage girl.

Willo doesn't deserve the nickname "Willo". He's not good enough to have a nickname. He'll always be Williamson to me.

All of a sudden with Debuchy too, we actually look like we might have a canny defence.

Edited by McFaul

Don't have a problem with Perch starting. He can do the grunt work to make Sissoko's debut a little easier. Anita is a good player, but isn't the destructive force that Tiote/Perch are/can be.

I'd be delighted if Gouffran and Sissoko start, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pardew started Shola ahead of Gouffran.

I'd be more confident of a win if we had a new striker...

Willo doesn't deserve the nickname "Willo". He's not good enough to have a nickname. He'll always be Williamson to me.

All of a sudden with Debuchy too, we actually look like we might have a canny defence.

You're obviously a less lazy typer than me. I know what you mean though.

Definitely, he plays the ball winning mid role well. Doesn't look that bad moving it on & every now & then has the odd thunderbastard of a shot - that one day will go in - probably when we're losing 4-3 to Arsenal & everyone will be shouting shoot at him till he retires.

Perch isn't a destructive force like. :lol:

Perch isn't any sort of force but he does do a canny job as a holding midfielder.

If you're going to play three players up top with basically no defensive responsibility at all you are really going to have to have one of the three midfielders behind them sitting in front of the back four with basically just a defensive responsibility. Sissoko is apparently a player who will look to get forward and join in the with the attack and Cabaye will only play at his best when he's played ahead of our other two players. This leaves Perch or Anita to do that sitting role and from what I've seen of him I don't think Anita's the man for that.

Playing Perch isn't a defensive move for me, it just allows the other players the best chance to do their attacking.

Don't have a problem with Perch starting. He can do the grunt work to make Sissoko's debut a little easier. Anita is a good player, but isn't the destructive force that Tiote/Perch are/can be.

tumblr_m6nqob2nCq1rzz3r3o1_500.gif

His best performances have come as a ball winning midfielder. No responsibility other than breaking up attacks. I'm not saying he's Makelelelelelellelelelelele but he's certainly more destructive than Anita is at the minute.

His best performances have come as a ball winning midfielder. No responsibility other than breaking up attacks. I'm not saying he's Makelelelelelellelelelelele but he's certainly more destructive than Anita is at the minute.

That's on of Perch's main strengths. He knows his limits.

I rather have a good all-rounded defensive midfielder with pace and a good eye for a pass, than a headless chicken with just an aim to tackle. But if the latter is what (english) football is to you....well....be my guest

I rather have a good all-rounded defensive midfielder with pace and a good eye for a pass, than a headless chicken with just an aim to tackle. But if the latter is what (english) football is to you....well....be my guest

We don't have one of them though.

If you're trying to suggest Anita is that man then I would say he can't do the donkey work that is also required for an all rounded defensive midfielder. I think it may well be more important tonight to have those attributes than the ones you name given the other players that will be in the midfield. If we were playing at home with a need to really push the attack then I would have a different view. But we're not, we're away from home playing a relegation 6 pointer on the back of as bad a run of form that I've ever witnessed. We need to win a battle first to allow our better players to impose their own attacking play.

I'd rather have a phenomenal team with world class players all over the park, unfortunately we don't have that as a possibility, so I guess we'll have to play the hand we're dealt.

Anita is showing glimpses of being a good player, but he needs to play along side a settled team because when we've been under the kosh he's been a player who looks the most nervy imo.

When all is well I'd play him alongside Cabaye and Sissoko, and Perch wouldn't be on the bus. As it stands, however, Sissoko has never played a Premier League game, Cabaye is still coming back from injury and we're playing against a team absolutely desperate for points. We have to wint the midfield battle. If that means playing a worse player who is better in the tackle for this game? So be it.

That's on of Perch's main strengths. He knows his limits.

aye; that's why he plays that role well. second best in that position in the squad after tiote right now. gives a solid base for the ball players to play from.

Don't talk soft. I predict a win and almost as importantly and certainly more surprisingly a good performance!

I'm hoping for good performances from the new lads, Cabaye and Cisse. Other than that my hopes and expectations are far lower than yours.