Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gouffran's contract was also up so you could so as I say you would have also had to pay a lot more for him. I'm sure I read that the reason we got Mbwia as cheap as we did was because his contract was running out but Montpelier didn't want to let him go last summer so he signed a new contract with them so they wouldn't lose him for nothing next summer but on the basis that they would let him leave for cheap when the time was right. I assume them getting knocked out of the champions league made the time right.

And Sissoko coming here next summer wouldn't have made him any cheaper last summer.

Yeah, paying a fee for a player with 5 months left on his contract is against every principle in the book as far as Ashley is concerned :lol:

But he has to swallow it sometime and if hes saved a bit on some of the others then hes had to pay more for Sissoko to save us from fuckin relegation this season...why?...because he didnt strengthen in the summer!!!

Excitement starting to drop now at the thought of Pardews selection.

Please no Williamson and no Jonas.

Marveaux on the left wing.

just over an hour until kick off, how long does l'alan usually leave it before he names his team?

Bit harsh to drop Anita in favour of Perch. Isn't Sissoko a box-to-box?

I reckon Pardew will go with Gouffran and Jonas on the wings.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't rate Anita as a proper ball winning midfielder yet and until Sissoko is bedded in I wouldn't put the pressure on him.

Newcastle United (4-2-3-1): Tim Krul; Mathieu Debuchy, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini ©, Davide Santon; James Perch, Yohan Cabaye; Yoan Gouffran, Moussa Sissoko, Jonas Gutierrez; Papiss Cisse

Substitutes: Steve Harper, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Mike Williamson, Gael Bigirimana, Vurnon Anita, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi

Yeah, paying a fee for a player with 5 months left on his contract is against every principle in the book as far as Ashley is concerned :lol:

But he has to swallow it sometime and if hes saved a bit on some of the others then hes had to pay more for Sissoko to save us from fuckin relegation this season...why?...because he didnt strengthen in the summer!!!

The point is though that we couldn't have signed those players last summer because of the price we would have had to pay.