Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Monty in agreement with Mason. Brexit May have divided the country but May has managed to unite commentators on both sides of the debate with her incompetence.

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

According to the guardian stats panellist on Frankie Boyle’s show, two thirds of Brits are now resigned to the fact we’ll get a bad deal and yet a majority still want to continue with Brexit - even those who regret voting the way they did. 

A nation of people who would rather endure suffering than admit they were wrong. 

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Where is the surrendering though?

it is still up to the uk to find a workable solution for the border issue to avoid crashing out with no deal.

A few months ago it was all “must be agreed by June or talks collapse”. Now they’re backtracking faster than me at a salad bar.

Zero chance of no deal. As was made very clear from the start, they need us as much as we need them.

44 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Monty in agreement with Mason. Brexit May have divided the country but May has managed to unite commentators on both sides of the debate with her incompetence.

She’ll be gone before the conference season. 

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

A few months ago it was all “must be agreed by June or talks collapse”. Now they’re backtracking faster than me at a salad bar.

Who said that?

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Aye, he’s looked at that Doomsday report begun to feel sorry for us.

Unlike the government, he might actually give a shit about the average UK citizen

The EU always has done. See the funds channeled to projects in unfashionable areas that would have been ignored by London given the choice. Still, take back control, eh? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

The EU always has done. See the funds channeled to projects in unfashionable areas that would have been ignored by London given the choice. Still, take back control, eh? :lol:

See South Wales, Sunderland etc. They must wonder why they fucking bother

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Zero chance of no deal. As was made very clear from the start, they need us as much as we need them.

I should know better, but is this wummery or do you really believe this. If the latter, justify your view.

I'll justify mine with a simple example you may just about grasp. No deal means we fall out of open skies agreement. For the EU, that means none of the EU27 can fly to the UK. But they can fly everywhere else in the world. For the UK, we won't be able to fly to any EU or EFTA country, but in addition any country covered by open skies, including the USA

Can you get grasp how asymetrical these negotiations really are. We will lose overnight our entire regulatory apparatus. The EU will be almost unaffected. 

I'd like a serious response tubs, otherwise don't bother.

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

I should know better, but is this wummery or do you really believe this. If the latter, justify your view.

I'll justify mine with a simple example you may just about grasp. No deal means we fall out of open skies agreement. For the EU, that means none of the EU27 can fly to the UK. But they can fly everywhere else in the world. For the UK, we won't be able to fly to any EU or EFTA country, but in addition any country covered by open skies, including the USA

Can you get grasp how asymetrical these negotiations really are. We will lose overnight our entire regulatory apparatus. The EU will be almost unaffected. 

I'd like a serious response tubs, otherwise don't bother.

:lol: Sheer drama Renton. Like Spain wants no holidaymakers.

Honestly, you make project fear look like project tickle.

How can anyone debate seriously with you when you really believe that sort of thing might happen.

No one is saying they want that. They're pointing out the damage to the EU would be less than the damage to the UK. I'll try and get back to you with a .jpeg of that written in crayons if you can't grasp that

Incidentally it's not just the British who go on their hols in the Med. And, due to the fake compensation claims (amongst other things) some hotels, etc. have stopped using UK tour operators. In any case, it's not remotely comparable in scale

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

How can anyone debate seriously with you when you really believe that sort of thing might happen.

Fuck me. You are impervious to simple logic aren't you? Read back. I was referring to your claim "they need us as much as we need them" in the context of a no deal situation (where we would fall out of open skies by definition). What do you dispute?

I have always said no deal is unlikely because it would be catastrophic to the UK, and DexEU has done analysis which agrees. Therefore in common parlance we are over a barrel! 

Thick

As

Pigshit.

:CT:

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Are you saying people will stop going abroad on holiday because of Brexit?

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

It was said that talks “could” collapse not that they certainly “will” collapse.

Surrendering would mean that the EU have given up on something, that is not the case other than bowing down to the incompetence and lack of “planning” :lol: :lol::lol: of the likes of Davis  et al.

The funniest thing about this is that even when he's just trying to wind people up he comes out of it looking monumentally stupid. A bit like when he claimed he wanted Dennis Wise in as manager

BTW, the Commons is getting just one twelve hour session to debate the fifteen Lords amendments. That doesn't quite seem appropriate to discuss some of the most important issues of the greatest issue facing our country since WW2.

Edited by ewerk

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

BTW, the Commons is getting just one twelve hour session to debate the fifteen Lords amendments. That doesn't quite seem appropriate to discuss some of the most important issues of the greatest issue facing our country since WW2.

Ofcourse it is. Parliaments already debated the withdrawal bill to death and every MP already knows the 15 amendments and which way they are going to vote.