Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I gave you lots yesterday regarding how the world is continuing to choose the UK for inward investment into Europe, but you keep weeding out negatives if it pleases you. 

It will soon become clear which way the negotiations are going after Christmas.

Moving away from the speculation - if it becomes clear that the situation is as shit as we think it will be, would you back a second referendum to turn it around?

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I gave you lots yesterday regarding how the world is continuing to choose the UK for inward investment into Europe, but you keep weeding out negatives if it pleases you. 

It will soon become clear which way the negotiations are going after Christmas.

:icon_lol: No you fucking didn't you massive liar. What inward investment have we received because of Brexit? Come on give me some evidence of this phenomenon. Because I can give you dozens of links to stories about companies leaving the UK. Not shitty companies either, I'm talking financial services, pharmaceuticals, companies that provide the treasury with massive tax receipts.

Go on, give me a bone fide link to a good news Brexit story. We've already had the good news about exporting pigs ears so you can't use that one. 

Edited by Renton

The most positive Brexit story I can remember is the government bribing Nissan to stay. Shame there aren't the resources to extend that gesture to multinational companies across all industries here.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Of course

Ok. That being the case, presumably you would castigate those who told you that it was going to be a roaring success?

Equally of course, if it turns out to be all bikinis and speedboats, metaphorically or literally speaking, I suppose we should come out and admit that we were wrong too.

He only voted Brexit, if indeed he did at all, to be contrary with the members of this board. Iirc he was initially remain citing Nissan as his reason (very sensible). When he realised the rest of the board were also remain (and Boris was leave), he flipped.

The massive contrary tit head. :D

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

He only voted Brexit, if indeed he did at all, to be contrary with the members of this board. Iirc he was initially remain citing Nissan as his reason (very sensible). When he realised the rest of the board were also remain (and Boris was leave), he flipped.

The massive contrary tit head. :D

:lol: you talk some Bollocks.

And more specifically a deal under which nothing changes.

So, not really "good news about Brexit" so much as "good news about what will happen during the years it takes to actually figure out how the hell to leave the EU conclusively".

Still, better they pull out of the UK in five or ten years' time than tomorrow, so there's that. Inertia is literally the best-case scenario we have available to us.

• Like 1

Has BMW announced a final decision? The last I read here about it a couple of weeks ago was that they are still not totally sure about it as they fear the prospect of a hard brexit and might revise their plans announced in July. For the time being they just do not want to waste their investment in the Oxford plant.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

@Renton

More good Brexit news. 

Hot on the heels of BMW choosing the UK to build the electric mini here, Toyota announce today that they have decided to build their new model here.

No link so I don't really know what you're talking about.

Have BMW actually said they are investing because of Brexit? Because if not, it was going to happen if we remained. So it's not good news, merely not bad news. Agreed?

So you still have no good news story about Brexit, and are still twisting your knickers claiming all we present is bad news, when you yourself have not been able to present any positive news.

Glad we've got that sorted, fuck me you're hard work. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Have BMW actually said they are investing because of Brexit? Because if not, it was going to happen if we remained. So it's not good news, merely not bad news. Agreed?

So you still have no good news story about Brexit, and are still twisting your knickers claiming all we present is bad news, when you yourself have not been able to present any positive news.

Glad we've got that sorted, fuck me you're hard work. 

Shut up man. This is just one of the latest in a tsunami of good Brexit news stories 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

So we can agree if nothing else, it’s...........

BAU

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So we can agree if nothing else, it’s...........

BAU

No. Have a think about it. No good news and lots of bad news is not BAU you moron. 

Edited by Renton

I've had a bit of spare time this weekend doing child care duties (neglecting the kids basically) and reread some of this thread.

CT confidently predicted we would have a cracking deal with the EU within 12 months of the vote (BMWs and prosecco) and also that the EU would have disintegrated by now.

Not that surprising. But what really is interesting is that we all, CT included, thought we'd stay in the SM. Just goes to show how the debate has been changed, we've all been screwed over.