Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Aye a story, told to you verbally, which you can't back up. Just like stories about how EU immigrants are given council houses and benefits preferentially to indiginous people. Xenophobic bullshit.

You're an interesting case study on this whole mess. Ignore data. Ignore statistics. Ignore experts. Just believe any old shit to back up your prejudice.

In the interests of balance, I'm not saying there might not be isolated cases of what you claim happening, possibly illegally. But if it were a widespread problem, there would be evidence of this you could provide. As usual, you can't.

:lol: Sigh, xenophobic, racist, prejudiced, thick etc etc etc

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Well, I work in the NHS CT, and my wages have fallen about 15% in real terms since the Tories took office. Incidentally, the much heralded pay increase NHS employees are getting won't benefit the 50% of workers on top of their bands, but I digress.

Now, do I blame the EU for this or an ongoing decade of austerity from Whitehall? Hmmm, tricky one.  

Labour obvs.

But how would you feel if we started bringing in people from abroad to do your job for half your current wage?

46 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The almost complete end of UK shipbuilding has fuck all to do with the EU and freedom of movement. 

Choosing to import cheap labour rather than keep existing staff or train apprentices however, does.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Labour obvs.

But how would you feel if we started bringing in people from abroad to do your job for half your current wage?

Not happy, obviously. But I've asked you for evidence that it's happening elsewhere and you can't provide it. There is evidence to the contrary though.

Xenophobia is an irrational fear or dislike of foreigners. Until you provide evidence eastern Europeans are negatively affecting us, I'll continue to call you xenophobic.

How do you think a business would do in an international market by intentionally paying more to use British staff rather than using foreign labour? (Not that I'm saying that's what happening.)

1 minute ago, Renton said:

It's funny because at the time of the referendum I remember distinctly and categorically CT insisted his vote wasn't about immigration. And now it is. 

He cares so much about the working class in the north east. Which is why he's voted Tory all his adult life. Obvs

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How do you think a business would do in an international market by intentionally paying more to use British staff rather than using foreign labour?

Depends, are they any good at making blue passports?

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not happy, obviously. But I've asked you for evidence that it's happening elsewhere and you can't provide it. There is evidence to the contrary though.

Xenophobia is an irrational fear or dislike of foreigners. Until you provide evidence eastern Europeans are negatively affecting us, I'll continue to call you xenophobic.

:lol: I’ve give you real life evidence and there’s plenty of study’s on it. It doesn’t effect you and goes against your EU love in so isn’t real.

CD9FB4AC-A5F2-4820-A335-06E5C805CB5D.jpeg

Edited by Christmas Tree

:lol: I’ve give you real life evidence and there’s plenty of study’s on it. It doesn’t effect you and goes against your EU love in so isn’t real.

Which study's?

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How do you think a business would do in an international market by intentionally paying more to use British staff rather than using foreign labour? (Not that I'm saying that's what happening.)

Simply taking that view should see us do away with minimum wage etc. 

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's funny because at the time of the referendum I remember distinctly and categorically CT insisted his vote wasn't about immigration. And now it is. 

At times you come across as such a prick you could be an Eaton Tory MP. :lol:

My vote was never about immigration but that doesn’t make me blind to the benefits of having a sensible immigration system that suits our country. (As most countries in the world operate).

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

CD9FB4AC-A5F2-4820-A335-06E5C805CB5D.jpeg

Well that's better I suppose but can you give a link to the actual study? There's not enough detail there to conclude anything. I need to see methods and data.

Do you not think it strange that where you live, Sunderland, has a try proportion of EU immigrants? You really think they are significantly lowering wages?

Well that's better I suppose but can you give a link to the actual study? There's not enough detail there to conclude anything. I need to see methods and data.

:lol: No fuck off.

Do you not think it strange that where you live, Sunderland, has a try proportion of EU immigrants? You really think they are significantly lowering wages?

I don’t live in Sunderland :)

At times you come across as such a prick you could be an Eaton Tory MP. :lol:

My vote was never about immigration but that doesn’t make me blind to the benefits of having a sensible immigration system that suits our country. (As most countries in the world operate).

What was it about then? Dr Fox's crusade for global trade or taking back control? What a load of horse shit. 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: No fuck off.

I don’t live in Sunderland :)

Seriously, you can't provide a link? Do you trust publications that don't cite their sources? I don't. 

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

By sensible you mean reduced immigration?

No. I mean sensible. I know it would be easier for you if I was a racist. Sorry :(

By sensible, I mean meeting the skills we need as well as the domestic stuff I mentioned yesterday.

And after one story you heard you think we need less foreign ship builders? What other areas do you feel we're over supplied with foreigners?

And how does that tally with the record employment levels you like to crow on about?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Seriously, you can't provide a link? Do you trust publications that don't cite their sources? I don't. 

Full Fact, the UK’s independent fact checking charity isn’t good enough for you :lol: 

You want to assess their methodology and data :lol:

Have a word with yourself man trying to win an argument on a football forum :lol:

22 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Full Fact, the UK’s independent fact checking charity isn’t good enough for you :lol: 

You want to assess their methodology and data :lol:

Have a word with yourself man trying to win an argument on a football forum :lol:

Hmmm. This may surprise you but I'm genuinely interested in the subject and want to know the truth of the matter. I'm studying economics at masters level. A screen grab like that doesn't really have enough detail on it to make any informed judgement.

And for me it's never been about winning an argument on a football message board, you're describing your own motives. I've invested this time talking about this because I think it's the most important issue of our times, and am genuinely concerned for the future of this country and especially the NE. I can't see that is an utterly alien concept to you. As you were. <_<

• Like 2