Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

Okay, so what is your problem with immigration? Seeing as it wasn’t a big issue previously. And what can we do post-Brexit to help those left behind that we can’t do now?

I gave you an example of this a while back. Traditional shipbuilders being chucked on their arse at Hebburn and replaced by polish lads on a much lower salary, crammed into rental property’s and mini bussed into work.

Fat cats get an extra Bentley and the traditional workers fucked over.

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Cheers. You've paid a brand name premium there like! Just ordered an unbranded one for a fiver delivered. Will post photos of results in coming days.

They were out of stock of the unbranded on andI couldn’t wait :(

There are fuck all eastern European immigrants to make much of a difference on Tyneside, and most work in either very menial jobs (car washes) or are professionals. Nothing like a xenophobic anecdote to justify your vote, eh CT?

Take Sunderland sunderland. 98% white British born. Voted overwhelmingly Brexit. Take London, where the large majority of EU nationals live. Voted overwhelmingly Remain. What does that tell you CT? It tells me the vote was xenophobic (irrational prejudice at play). Norway, let's be honest, it's no coincidence Sunderland is a racist shithole and voted the way they did. 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Utter middle class bollocks

Aye I'm with you here. Easier to get somebody motivated to work for a pittance when there's people willing to do it because it's triple what they earn at home. In the same way a malnourished kid would probably shine my shoes more enthusiastically than ewerk would if I offered £2. 

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aye I'm with you here. Easier to get somebody motivated to work for a pittance when there's people willing to do it because it's triple what they earn at home. In the same way a malnourished kid would probably shine my shoes more enthusiastically than ewerk would if I offered £2. 

Thing is, there are loads of ways the government could change practice domestically to stop this. Raise the minimum wage is an obvious one. Most immigrants aren't even from the EU. 

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Still better about getting the boot from your last place? No wonder they’re choosing Eastern Europeans over the likes of you.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Still better about getting the boot from your last place? No wonder they’re choosing Eastern Europeans over the likes of you.

I've got a higher paid, less industrious job working for a company with a big reputation for looking after their employees so I can't thank my last place enough. And I will after the tribunal as they coughing up.

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

Thing is, there are loads of ways the government could change practice domestically to stop this. Raise the minimum wage is an obvious one. Most immigrants aren't even from the EU. 

Inflation just swallows up minimum wage rises though. Getting rid of the cancer that is employment agencies needs to be done. They were set up to exploit equal pay loopholes and have gotten away with it for over a decade now. 

• Like 1

So no personal grudge against the Eastern Europeans? Anyway, I’d happily take £2 for five minutes work so leave your shoes outside your door and I’ll make sure they get a good spit polish.

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Inflation just swallows up minimum wage rises though. Getting rid of the cancer that is employment agencies needs to be done. They were set up to exploit equal pay loopholes and have gotten away with it for over a decade now. 

So that’s the EU’s fault?

Just now, ewerk said:

So no personal grudge against the Eastern Europeans? Anyway, I’d happily take £2 for five minutes work so leave your shoes outside your door and I’ll make sure they get a good spit polish.

I'm not against immigration I'm against employers that exploit them being here. 

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Where did I say that?

You’re complaining about minimum wage and employment agencies when we’re discussing EU labour.

Edited by ewerk

Just now, ewerk said:

Okay, how do they exploit them? I’m open to being educated.

By not paying them fairly for the jobs they do. Have a read about Sports Direct warehouse workers and the conditions they work and live in. If they're willing the work in those conditions because it's more than they get at home, Britons have to work under the same shit conditions.