Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

What's the story there?

Richard the first chose him.

Edit sorry that is bollocks it was Edward III sorry.

Second Edit. Richard chose St George as his personal protector saint (didn't know you could do that) Edward III made him official patron saint of England.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I didn't know that. I knew his coat of arms is the origin of the 3 lions.

14 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Edit sorry that is bollocks it was Edward III sorry.

Second Edit. Richard chose St George as his personal protector saint (didn't know you could do that) Edward III made him official patron saint of England.

If you're the King you can do what you want. Ask Alan Pardew

56 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It speaks volumes that the Brexiters are determined to see Brexit through come what may. Economic hardship? Break up of the Union? All prices worth paying for 'freedom'. It's staggering how idiotic some of the electorate are.

But that’s a similar attitude to what caused Brexit in the first place. A lot of mechanics, plumbers etc don’t consider their std of living is really going to change in the foreseeable future or think bombings are going to start happening because a few cameras may need to go up to monitor the odd truck on the Irish border. The same in a way as many couldn’t care less if Scotland fucked off or not.

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

But that’s a similar attitude to what caused Brexit in the first place. A lot of mechanics, plumbers etc don’t consider their std of living is really going to change in the foreseeable future or think bombings are going to start happening because a few cameras may need to go up to monitor the odd truck on the Irish border. The same in a way as many couldn’t care less if Scotland fucked off or not.

You are soooo fucking thick.

18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

That wasn't the question though. The point was, the majority of people in this country would prefer for the UK to break up rather than stay in the EU. I'm quite shocked by that personally, but then again 39% of Brexiters would prefer to lose their jobs than stay in the EU. And you don't think these people are idiots?

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No

But for the vast majority of people their standard of living isn’t going to improve because of Brexit. Just as infrastructure on the border will lead to a return of violence.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

But for the vast majority of people their standard of living isn’t going to improve because of Brexit. Just as infrastructure on the border will lead to a return of violence.

:lol: Sorry, I just felt like saying no because you’d been looking for a bit of political debate over the weekend and no one was playing out.

I think most working class brexiteers really don’t believe in or out is going to make much difference to them.

As for the border, why would a few traffic cameras lead to violence? I honestly don’t appreciate why your peers are going to take up arms because a few customs cameras are there.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

As for the border, why would a few traffic cameras lead to violence? I honestly don’t appreciate why your peers are going to take up arms because a few customs cameras are there.

Peers?

You really don’t understand the Irish situation.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Peers?

You really don’t understand the Irish situation.

By peers I mean your generation.

And I’ve ask you a few times to explain why a few cameras would lead to the troubles restarting but you always avoid answering.

Im very happy for you to explain so I’ll get it.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

And I’ve ask you a few times to explain why a few cameras would lead to the troubles restarting but you always avoid answering.

What tablet you riddled mong

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ooh you are awful, but I like you.

I used to love watching Dick Emery (then again I was about 5 at the time). I'm guessing it hasn't aged well as I never seem to the shows repeated anywhere.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It’s the symbolism of a border between the north of Ireland and the south. At the moment the border is invisible, travel is entirely free flowing. If you start installing CCTV at 200 points along the border it is moving us away from the feel of one country.

The cameras wouldn’t be up 24 hours before many of them would be torn down. This would happen over and over until they’d become more fortified with a possible human presence to protect them. This again escalates the conflict whereby the people protecting them are warned that their life is at risk by doing so.

And that’s without mentioning that a system of CCTV alone is entirely unworkable as a customs solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

I think most working class brexiteers really don’t believe in or out is going to make much difference to them.

I agree with this insofar as it's more about taking something away from others.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s the symbolism of a border between the north of Ireland and the south. At the moment the border is invisible, travel is entirely free flowing. If you start installing CCTV at 200 points along the border it is moving us away from the feel of one country.

The cameras wouldn’t be up 24 hours before many of them would be torn down. This would happen over and over until they’d become more fortified with a possible human presence to protect them. This again escalates the conflict whereby the people protecting them are warned that their life is at risk by doing so.

And that’s without mentioning that a system of CCTV alone is entirely unworkable as a customs solution.

These are going to be magic x ray cameras though.

CT, when are you going to get that there is no technical solution to preventing smuggling and regulatory misalignment. Also, May has already categorically stated there will be no infrastructure at all, and she specifically vetoed the use of cameras.

Did you bother to read that Richard North blog I kindly posted to try to get you to understand the issues involved?