Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's some truth in that I think.

Just nearly fell asleep during Jeremy Corbyn's speech, not sure what his point was.

Of more interest was Nicola sturgeon's speech. Scotland are looking at options to stay in the EU. Personally I think for political reasons the EU will be very keen to adopt Scotland. This will lead to an early referendum so they don't have to leave in the first place. The reality is we will have an international border 60 miles from Newcastle with a pro European competitive country just beyond. Great.

Oh, and the need from Berlin isn't good. We're going to get punished for sure.

Seriously, consider moving to Scotland. I'm actually already looking for jobs there.

Seriously, consider moving to Scotland. I'm actually already looking for jobs there.

I had a daft look at Singapore last night :)

I know it's a fascist regime but it's also very civilised (probably linked).

Singapore would be a really smart choice actually - you get a passport from there, it can get you into all but about 5 countries in the world without a visa.

I am looking at it, I just need JJ's address first.

Actually I need to complete an MSc first, that's going to take 2 years but will greatly increase my employability.

Hey dickheads, Scotland is going to hell in a handcart under the SNP. My boss at work is a bright bloke (he manages me ffs) and he reckons the police, the NHS and education are turning into a total shitshow courtesy of the SNP.

The idea that Scotland has become some fucking utopia is insane. It's fucking freezing for a start.

The weather wouldn't bother me at all, but I otherwise sort of agree. That said though, if enough brain drain goes to Scotland, and enough businesses move there following this debacle and their subsequent joining of the EU (likely) then I think they'd be considered more viable by many people.

Hey dickheads, Scotland is going to hell in a handcart under the SNP. My boss at work is a bright bloke (he manages me ffs) and he reckons the police, the NHS and education are turning into a total shitshow courtesy of the SNP.

The idea that Scotland has become some fucking utopia is insane. It's fucking freezing for a start.

Edinburgh is no worse than here weather wise and is my favourite city on the planet. Scotland will boom in Europe if we're fully out. Tbh I've been thinking of this for a while now even without Brexit. The landscape in Scotland is simply breathtaking and a short drive from the urban centres.

There is the disadvantage that it's full of Scots though.

I tried to express the sentiments of that first paragraph to you last week and you said "how do you know??" you blatant fuckin cockwomble :lol:

Flippity flip flop flip...

Really? Where?

I remember you saying Labours original core vote (that they were founded for), didn't exist any more, but that's totally different to what he's saying or what I'm saying.

The people who gave Labour a landslide in 97 are still out there and still to play for, but Labour will only get them by appointing an a charismatic strong leader and by moving and staying centre left.

I appreciate that might not meet your political position.

I was under the impression that most eu regulations and employment laws were driven by corporations who prefer a one size for all approach that they can standardise but which becomes prohibitive to small businesses and limits competition.

I would expect the UK to fall into line with all of those laws to maintain investment.

I was under the impression that most eu regulations and employment laws were driven by corporations who prefer a one size for all approach that they can standardise but which becomes prohibitive to small businesses and limits competition.

I would expect the UK to fall into line with all of those laws to maintain investment.

Yup, all the way until TTIP encourages them to apply the same thinking for US firms.

A lot of is de facto global. I expect a lot of duplication of effort coming up, more red tape and bureaucracy, you know, the type of stuff Leavers are against. At least I'm fairly sure this is true in the case of my field, medical devices. And pharmaceuticals too. It's going to be a headache.

Edit: I'm talking about regulations here.

Edited by Renton

The EU president is getting his legal eagles to look into this CT. Sounds like he could save a lot of time and money by just ordering a taxi from Boldon Asda and chatting this through with you.

:lol: