Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/10/2018 at 00:26, Christmas Tree said:

Also sounds as though the Irish Back Stop is virtually sorted. 

And the Germans finally starting to wobble....

German economists have warned that no deal could cause German exports to the UK to plummet by as much as 57%. The highly respected IW Economic Institute based in Cologne called for policymakers to take “constructive action” to avoid what they called the “horror scenario” of no deal.

The boss of the BDI – Germany’s equivalent of the CBI – has also warned that a “disorderly Brexit” would be a “massive crisis” for the EU, demanding that political leaders achieve a “breakthrough in the talks” at the next EU summit.

How's that back stop and wobbling going?

23 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How's that back stop and wobbling going?

:lol: Was all sorted and agreed between the U.K. and 27 other countries, including the Germans.

Comrade Corbyn could have voted it through but instead whipped his party to vote against it and plunge the country into chaos :(

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Was all sorted and agreed between the U.K. and 27 other countries, including the Germans.

Comrade Corbyn could have voted it through but instead whipped his party to vote against it and plunge the country into chaos :(

Of course. Blame the opposition for opposing, but absolve the non-governmental tories and DUP mates for doing so. I mean, it's not as if anyone here suggested that the NI border might become an issue after May was forced to get into bed with the DUP, is it? You stupid twat. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Of course. Blame the opposition for opposing, but absolve the non-governmental tories and DUP mates for doing so. I mean, it's not as if anyone here suggested that the NI border might become an issue after May was forced to get into bed with the DUP, is it? You stupid twat. 

As I said last year, all Corbyn needed to do was back the deal. We would be in a 2 year transition, The DUP would have abandoned the Tories and Jezza would now be sitting in No 10 delivering whatever Brexit he fancied.

The biggest open goal miss in history.

Parliamentary sovereignty only applies on votes which give leavers what they want (i.  e. nothing, as it transpires). I thought that was obvious by now. 

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

As I said last year, all Corbyn needed to do was back the deal. We would be in a 2 year transition, The DUP would have abandoned the Tories and Jezza would now be sitting in No 10 delivering whatever Brexit he fancied.

The biggest open goal miss in history.

I was going to take the piss out of your utter stupidity and lack of knowledge a bit more but you’ve just saved me the bother

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If we all think the word “ban”, Ant might wake up in the middle of the night, feeling like he’s on a calling from God and do it

I think Ant might think what’s the point in him adding tools like an ignore button when tools like you won’t use it ;)

Run along And post in a thread that interests you and stop detailing this one. Leaves 2 tbf.

30 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I thought you hated May’s deal and you’re  saying Corbyn should have voted it through? Explain 

I am actually getting close to putting CT on ignore because he isn't even trying to make coherent points anymore, it's just shameless attempts at winding everyone up (I know that some people feel it was ever thus, but it's more blatant now than at any point I can recall). The main reason I haven't is because everyone else keeps responding to him and it'll disrupt my reading of the thread.

Think Alex is right though - this is CT admitting he's wrong. Depressingly.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I thought you hated May’s deal and you’re  saying Corbyn should have voted it through? Explain 

It’s simple, all they are voting on is the withdrawal agreement. 

Citizens rights

What we owe

Ireland

That guarantees continued status quo until a satisfactory “trade deal” is agreed.

The negogiations that come next are where the real action is and where the real focus should be.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I am actually getting close to putting CT on ignore because he isn't even trying to make coherent points anymore, it's just shameless attempts at winding everyone up (I know that some people feel it was ever thus, but it's more blatant now than at any point I can recall). The main reason I haven't is because everyone else keeps responding to him and it'll disrupt my reading of the thread.

Think Alex is right though - this is CT admitting he's wrong. Depressingly.

Maybe you are just finding it awkward having to debate with someone from centre right?

If it really bothers you though, just use ignore. My reading on here has been much improved since I used it on Alex.

Christmas Tree

• Christmas Tree
  • team_legend.png
  • 34,900 posts
  On 26/11/2018 at 10:31, Dr Gloom said:

CT, this deal suits neither leavers nor remainers, it damages our sovereignty and makes the country poorer. No wonder EU countries agreed without delay.

By what measure is it cracking? 

Aye, it’s a turd. In or out.