Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I suppose Ashley Graham and Kelly Brook could decide they both want to shack up with me and are completely flexible about the arrangements so long as I’m happy 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Hello Christmas Tree.

What a cunt. Incidentally, this is a boomer thing. My Dad was a kid through the war, think the machine gunners, he would have been that age and from exactly the same area. My mum (she's always hated "mam" incidentally) is a bit younger but grew up in the rationing era. Both are vehemently opposed to Brexit, as was my wife's grandad who fought at Normandy and passed away last year (aged 101). 

Point is, this isn't just an anecdote. The stats show people who were directly affected by the war tend to be remainders. Their kids, happy to be regaled by talks of the war, and playing with matchbox soldiers, are Leave. Mortgage paid, already in retirement or close to it etc. People like @Christmas Tree fall into that category. So it's wrong to blame all older people as causing Brexit. 

Imagine fucking up your kid's future on purpose? Actually, I can't, but that's what these entitled fuckers are doing. Including Christmas Tree. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Renton said:

What a cunt. Incidentally, this is a boomer thing. My Dad was a kid through the war, think the machine gunners, he would have been that age and from exactly the same area. My mum (she's always hated "mam" incidentally) is a bit younger but grew up in the rationing era. Both are vehemently opposed to Brexit, as was my wife's grandad who fought at Normandy and passed away last year (aged 101). 

Point is, this isn't just an anecdote. The stats show people who were directly affected by the war tend to be remainders. Their kids, happy to be regaled by talks of the war, and playing with matchbox soldiers, are Leave. Mortgage paid, already in retirement or close to it etc. People like @Christmas Tree fall into that category. So it's wrong to blame all older people as causing Brexit. 

Imagine fucking up your kid's future on purpose? Actually, I can't, but that's what these entitled fuckers are doing. Including Christmas Tree. 

The baby boomers as a generation, if not individually, ruined the world.

• Like 2

Seriously, just fuck off. Politics in this country, man. No actual solutions, just more meaningless sound bites pandering to fuck wits 

Edited by Alex

Actually got a relative who, despite some post-war hardship as a kid has had a pretty good life, especially so compared to his parents and their generation. Retired at 53 (53 ffs) on a very cushy local government pension nearly 20 years ago and has about four holidays a year. Voted leave and now wants no deal. Has both kids and grandchildren. He’s completely unable to articulate any reasons why he wants this. He’s both no means thick either 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Actually got a relative who, despite some post-war hardship as a kid has had a pretty good life, especially so compared to his parents and their generation. Retired at 53 (53 ffs) on a very cushy local government pension nearly 20 years ago and has about four holidays a year. Voted leave and now wants no deal. Has both kids and grandchildren. He’s completely unable to articulate any reasons why he wants this. He’s both no means thick either 

It isnt the xenophobia angle? I can see some people being unwilling to articulate that.

More generally, i swear this is now just an ego issue for leavers. It sure as fuck is for CT. It's just so stupid now.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

It isnt the xenophobia angle? I can see some people being unwilling to articulate that.

More generally, i swear this is now just an ego issue for leavers. It sure as fuck is for CT. It's just so stupid now.

It may be a little bit. But that wouldn’t be particularly in character either. Can’t get my head round it

It seems to be that many of them have hardened in their stance and want their 'prize' no matter what the cost. It's utterly ridiculous but that's the electorate for you. The fact that we're now two months from leaving and still have no idea of what Brexit we want or we're getting is possibly the single greatest failure of modern government.

Just now, ewerk said:

It seems to be that many of them have hardened in their stance and want their 'prize' no matter what the cost. It's utterly ridiculous but that's the electorate for you. The fact that we're now two months from leaving and still have no idea of what Brexit we want or we're getting is possibly the single greatest failure of modern government.

I think this is it and totally agree about the shambles running the show and telling people what they want to hear instead of the reality 

Really we should have never triggered A50. If we were serious about doing this properly we should have sat down, looked at what we wanted, held preliminary talks with the EU and then triggered it once we understood what we were doing. If we wanted a "good deal" this was what it involved.

Was it May who triggered it or did Cameron do it as he was running away? I guess May. Am aware Corbyn demanded immediate trigger as well.

Our political class were totally consumed with domestic approval ratings and entirely ignored what was best for the country. No matter which way anyone voted in the referendum, the Tories have been a disgrace.

And now it seems there is a chance May will close parliament to get her deal through? Is that really possible?

It was May who triggered Article 50. The EU were refusing to hold and discussions until it was done as they knew the greatest advantage they had was a ticking clock.

However, the EU's rules are there for all to see, we could have put together a reasonable position based on that. Of course the Brits went in with the usual air of superiority and supreme belief that those established rules don't apply to us. The EU would be happy to make exceptions for our 'cracking' deal.

The problems arose when fantasy met reality and clearly many of our politicians still aren't grounded in reality if they believe that the EU are simply going to do away with the backstop simply because our parliament demands they do so.

26 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol: Have a word with yourself.

Ive set out clearly why I voted leave and also added that if that can’t be delivered then I would prefer another referendum where I would vote remain.

You on the other hand like a lot on here have never accepted the result from day one and have whined consistently.

Democrats v Non Democrats.

Even for me it’s quite surprising the virtue signalling and vile tone that oozes out of so called lefty people on a daily basis from hoping the poor leavers get what’s coming to them to holding the older ones die to their all racists etc etc.

An absolute depressing state of affairs from the so called educated elite.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ive set out clearly why I voted leave

No you haven't. 

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You on the other hand like a lot on here have never accepted the result from day one and have whined consistently.

Well, leaving aside the vote referendum was illegally funded by Leave, leave used illegal targeting through social media, was Russian backed, and told outright lies, I'm not sure this is true. I've told you time and time again that myself and I'm sure the majority of remainers would have accepted a soft Norway type Brexit, as would have been fair given the closeness of the vote. But no. You fucking insane Brexiter have changed the meaning of the vote, so much so you now think only a no deal Brexit will suffice. Fuck the young and people who actually work for a living (as a taxi driver, you barely qualify on the latter btw). It's all going tits up, isn't it? But the last person you will blame is yourself. It's Corbyns fault. Or remoaners. Or the establishment, whatever that means. But never yourself, you absolute arsehole.