Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I guess because

1. There’s no majority in Parliament for any other deal.

2. If the clock runs down she may hope that the EU buckle, amend the backstop thereby getting the ERG, DUP and waverers on side.

3. While all this is going on, Parliament (Labour and remainers), take no deal off the table, extend article 50 and therefore they are the Brexit Snatchers and not the Tories.

Your first point suggests we need a second vote.

Ultimately though, based on what you're saying, she's putting party above country. Cool, just so we're all in agreement on that. The traitorous bitch.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Many prominent brexiteers, including Banks, Elliot and Farage, talked up prospect of adopting the Norway model during the referendum campaign.

There was never any consensus about leaving the SM either. 

I don’t disagree. Most would have snapped your hand off for Norway a few years ago. But let’s be honest, if it’s Norway or Remain, remain wins hands down.

Only way that happens though is Brexit Ref 2

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Your first point suggests we need a second vote.

Ultimately though, based on what you're saying, she's putting party above country. Cool, just so we're all in agreement on that. The traitorous bitch.

Well if the party’s fucked, then Corbyns in so really she is putting the country first ;)

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Feel free to review our previous discussions or google Corbyns comments regarding cheap labour.

Your argument was complete bollocks then and remains complete bollocks now.

13 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Why is she so fucking determined to have this version of brexit? Why?

She knows that the only card she has to play domestically is the threat of no deal. The EU aren’t going to make any significant change to the backstop. This is simply an attempt to run the clock down and hope that parliament blinks.

Also, I see the ERG have adopted the stance of leave with no deal and the EU will come running back to the table. I’m not sure scenes of traffic jams and fuel, food and medicine shortages are going to really give us the upper hand.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I agree with the proven facts. They have been pointed out to you several times yet you choose to ignore them.

:lol: No, you select your facts, I select mine and we battle to the death or boredom.

As I’ve said, I’ve no real problem personally with freedom of movement as it hasn’t really implemented me adversely in anyway. Also, it was fine by most when Oz and the boys were hitting Germany.

But to think the arrival of some 3 million plus people hasn’t had an adverse effect on housing or services is just daft.

That’s obviously not their fault but it’s understandable some sectors of the population (not just the racists), feel adversely effected.

Maybe I’m turning into @Rayvin  regarding the economic system, but do we just let business keep growing and keep importing more and more people to feed the cogs and line the pockets of the rich?

And yes I know they contribute to the economy but does that contribution cover the extra money needed for housing / services.

What happens as AI increases rapidly and we suddenly go pop?

In days gone by where we had high employment wages would go up. Now we just allow the next Poland etc to join and feed the machine.

No I don’t know all the answers.

44 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Also, I see the ERG have adopted the stance of leave with no deal and the EU will come running back to the table. I’m not sure scenes of traffic jams and fuel, food and medicine shortages are going to really give us the upper hand.

It's a ridiculous view. They claim withholding the 39 billion will force them to give us a great deal. Problems with this include:

1) £39 billion is peanuts in the grand scale of things. 

2) We owe most of it and we would be sued through international courts.

3) it would cause resentment which would make our situation worse and ensure no deal with the EU until we paid, up front. 

4) it would confirm our status as perfidious albion and make other third countries reluctant to trade with us. 

Madness. Then we have Davis confidently claiming there will be a last minute deal because "that's what the EU always does". He always gives the example of Greece. Well guess what fuck head. Greece is a member of the EU, whereas we very shortly won't be. Name one example of the EU making a last minute deal with a third country. They don't operate that way shit for brains. 

Edited by Renton

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

And yes I know they contribute to the economy but does that contribution cover the extra money needed for housing / services.

Erm yes. It's been proven time and time again EU immigrants are net contributors to the tune of about £3000 pa each. The latest home office report confirms this. They tend to be young, hard working, and don't use services much (especially the NHS). Quite a contrast with non-EU immigrats who are net takers. And it's the number of these that are increasing greatly, in contrast to EU immigrants which are now decreasing. Plus, many EU immigrants return to their native countries after a stint working here, non-EU as a rule don't.

And then of course there's reciprocity. You obviously have no aspirations for your own kids but I'd like mine to have the chance to work in any of the other 27 EU countries, even if its just casual service type work for a year or so. Broadens the mind. 

If you've got facts to the contrary, post them. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: No, you select your facts, I select mine and we battle to the death or boredom.

No you don't. You don't have the intelligence to understand facts that are at odds with your narrow preconcieved view of the world.

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

Erm yes. It's been proven time and time again EU immigrants are net contributors to the tune of about £3000 pa each. The latest home office report confirms this. They tend to be young, hard working, and don't use services much (especially the NHS). Quite a contrast with non-EU immigrats who are net takers. And it's the number of these that are increasing greatly, in contrast to EU immigrants which are now decreasing. Plus, many EU immigrants return to their native countries after a stint working here, non-EU as a rule don't.

And then of course there's reciprocity. You obviously have no aspirations for your own kids but I'd like mine to have the chance to work in any of the other 27 EU countries, even if its just casual service type work for a year or so. Broadens the mind. 

The FoM argument is really about keeping the brown people out, ironic really given most EU migrants are white Christians 

36 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Of course jealousy is a huge part of it. Leavers can't stand people having things they're too lazy or untalented to obtain themselves.

I think the jibes at anyone our resident one perceives as having sophistication are funny. With the inference that anyone like that isn’t a proper man. It’s fucking pathetic anyway but coming from him? :lol: I think this is how he sees himself: 

ronswanson-bann.jpg?quality=90&w=650.cf.

When the reality is actually: 

Don_Estelle_Lofty.jpg.cf.jpg

4 hours ago, Renton said:

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I did say the contribute to the economy but surely even you realise that quick arrival of 3 million odd people has a knock on effect on housing, be that social or private and a knock on effect on services. 

It it would be a different matter if any government actually planned for these implications but none of the did.

As for your kids, there’s nothing in Mays deal that stops them casually working abroad. Many kids do this already all over the world.

I assume you didn’t do this btw :lol:

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I did say the contribute to the economy but surely even you realise that quick arrival of 3 million odd people has a knock on effect on housing, be that social or private and a knock on effect on services. 

It it would be a different matter if any government actually planned for these implications but none of the did.

As for your kids, there’s nothing in Mays deal that stops them casually working abroad. Many kids do this already all over the world.

I assume you didn’t do this btw :lol:

Working abroad under the EU freedom of movement is totally different to the potential obstacles you face in all other countries, not to mention the easy access to universities but I don’t consider this to be relevant to you...

• Like 1