Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frankie Boyle was right when he said they’re all worried because they’re going to have to deal with the consequences of their decisions immediately rather than 10 or 15 years down the line when they’re not even in politics any more. Not that that gets them off the hook, quite the opposite 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

They’re whipping for everything except the proposal that would take no deal off the table. Despite repeatedly telling Theresa May to do just that.

And had they whipped for it then it might have had a chance of passing.

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There’s absolutely nothing that suggests a GE would sort anything. It won’t deliver a large majority for either side.

Three out of the four motions tonight would have passed with Tory whipping.

How can the conservatives or labour even produce a manifesto without splintering?

The deserters and libs who voted against the soft options but for the vote need to realise (imo) that a soft Brexit without a vote would be less damaging than relying on a vote which confirmed May or no deal. I'm still convinced the get out of jail remain result is not in the bag. 

• Like 2

So 25 Labour broke the whip to vote down Boles. The DUP vted against, as did most the independents, lib dems, and Caroline Lucas. Honesstly what the fuck are these peopple doing? They're driving us off a cliff with this strategy. I fucking loathe just about everybody in parliament right now. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

As i said they think a remain revote is the only answer and won't countenance anything else. 

Yep. So these are the remain extremists you accused me of being ironically. Meanwhile its clear the tories arent going for a soft Brexit. They're still the party in power so it looks to me that its going to be nondeal unless Labour bottle it and back May. Mad times. 

I do admit I was wrong on that. 

I'd take revocation tomorrow personally but still think it's too damaging and as I said I don't think another vote will heal anything whichever way it goes. 

Edited by NJS

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

So 25 Labour broke the whip to vote down Boles. The DUP vted against, as did most the independents, lib dems, and Caroline Lucas. Honesstly what the fuck are these peopple doing? They're driving us off a cliff with this strategy. I fucking loathe just about everybody in parliament right now. 

Are you serious?

Why in fuck did the independents vote it down. And Lucas?!?! What in shit is wrong with this people indeed.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Are you serious?

Why in fuck did the independents vote it down. And Lucas?!?! What in shit is wrong with this people indeed.

As NJS says, they're committed to a referendum or revocation at the expense of everything else. Completely inflexible.

I have worried for a while now about an accidental no deal Brexit. Its a distinct possibility as we have extremists on each side grabbing the steering wheel as we head straight for the cliff, with the ERG with their foot on the gas and the brake lines cut.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NJS said:

I do admit I was wrong on that. 

I'd take revocation tomorrow personally but still think it's too damaging and as I said I don't think another vote will heal anything whichever way it goes. 

Another vote gives political legitimacy to remain. And I'm sure many people would accept that just to get over all this.

Brilliant that Francois, rather unrelated to the topic*, complained about the ERG getting likened to the German AfD in a BBC program and demanding a public apology only for Rees Mogg retweeting an AfD tweet a couple of days later.

Some of these those fascists don’t even pretend anymore...

*while Glyn Davies was filibustering a change in law for long time expats to cast votes in future elections and roferindiddums.

Surely Labour has to whip Cherry's motion on Wednesday.  This could be the last chance saloon for formally blocking a no-deal Brexit. What a load of shit this lot are though. 

Francois going on telly and saying "Up yours" to Hammond btw.  That little sweaty fucking dwarf needs a hiding. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Well we have Wednesday. Surely it's not beyond them to just fucking talk to each other and see if they have the numbers.

It has been their strategy for a long time now to be the last option standing. I can see what they’re doing but it’s a risky game, particularly when their option isn’t incompatible with the others on the table.

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Surely Labour has to whip Cherry's motion on Wednesday.  This could be the last chance saloon for formally blocking a no-deal Brexit. What a load of shit this lot are though. 

I think there’s a fair few on the Labour front bench who would rebel against the whip and that’s what Corbyn is worried about.

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My thick Labour MP went from abstaining last time to voting against a second referendum this time.  And abstaining on the revocation backstop. Thick as mince. 

It’s fucking embarrassing how utterly clueless so many of them are on the issues surrounding this. They’ve had the best part of 3 years to acquaint themselves with it all (not that shouldn’t have known a lot about it anyway) and, bar a few, they’re like some school kids revising on the school bus on exam day 

The problem is there's no fucking brain power in Parliament.  My constituency is 60% Leave, so I can what this dope is doing, but the idea that this is just about doing what her constituents want is madness. If she thinks she's doing the right thing by North Tyneside by edging the country closer to a straight shootout between No Deal or May's Deal, she doesn't deserve to be cleaning the Parliament bogs, never mind sitting in the house of commons. 

It’s a lack of courage and conviction as much as anything. I mean how many MPs must there be that have voted against the vast majority of, if not all, options. At some point you have to back something. I know it’s mainly the fault of the Tories and the mongs who still want to leave without a deal etc. but pointing at them if we crash out isn’t going to solve anything. It’s also incredibly ironic how unimportant this issue was to most people before the referendum. Although perhaps even more than that how ill-informed most people still are. Especially many for whom this is now such a big issue 

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s also incredibly ironic how unimportant this issue was to most people before the referendum.

Tories literally destroying the country for a "problem" only they cared about. 

20170408_woc316.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Tories literally destroying the country for a "problem" only they cared about. 

20170408_woc316.png

Even the majority of Tories didn't really care about but only a fraction who together with UKIP were able to set the agenda with their nationalistic and xenophobic misinformation remaining unchallenged because of those who now lament their loss of rights didn't know and care about it either.

If people have had to pass a knowledge test before being allowed to cast a vote in the roflendum the result would probably have been difficult to acknowledge due to the lack of eligible voters on both sides.

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1