Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The plebs should know their place. Don't strive to be a top doctor, scientist, artist, lawyer  ecinomist etc. Get yourself sat down on your fat arse and drive HGVs 60 hours a week for minimum pay, and be grateful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I d wonder though if the Express now has settled to be a parody paper like the Sport used to be. A few days they go they had a "serious" article about secret EU plans to merge England and France. My neighbour is actually a nice bloke but gets this delivered every day. It's just odd.

• Like 2

My Dad has had about twenty five years of reading the mail and it shows. I've got to change the subject and this was never him. He actually said the words 'do-gooder lawyers', 'left wingers' and something about an immigrant knocking over some old lad and not getting deported. He doesn't do social media so it's only LBC radio and the daily mail where this shit comes from. 

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

My Dad has had about twenty five years of reading the mail and it shows. I've got to change the subject and this was never him. He actually said the words 'do-gooder lawyers', 'left wingers' and something about an immigrant knocking over some old lad and not getting deported. He doesn't do social media so it's only LBC radio and the daily mail where this shit comes from. 

My mam's the exact same. I remember as a kid, her telling me to focus on languages at school because of potential opportunities from working in the EU. 

Fast forward to 2016 and she's a Brexit voting lunatic who hates the England team for taking the knee. She's read the Daily Mail daily since I was a teenager. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can kind of (sadly) see how the Mail lures people in because of the way it appeals to emotions and reinforces prejudices. How the fuck anyone takes the Express seriously is beyond me though. It’s an absolute joke 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I got her to stop reading it once and she actually commented on how much better her mood was as a result. But then Facebook takes over and, if anything, is even worse. 

Aye :lol: it literally makes them far more upset and angry. And they still lap it up 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I got her to stop reading it once and she actually commented on how much better her mood was as a result. But then Facebook takes over and, if anything, is even worse. 

Does she still live close to me?

On 01/08/2021 at 13:20, Alex said:

You can kind of (sadly) see how the Mail lures people in because of the way it appeals to emotions and reinforces prejudices. How the fuck anyone takes the Express seriously is beyond me though. It’s an absolute joke 

E7yfKAfWEAkuNvt?format=png&name=900x900

:lol: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ewerk said:

E7yfKAfWEAkuNvt?format=png&name=900x900

:lol: 

It [Facts4eu.ORG] also branded Project Fear claims that leaving the bloc would destroy the country’s economy as “utter tosh”.

It continued: “Today the United Kingdom is the fifth largest economy in the world according to the IMF.

“Who wouldn’t be queuing up to sell to us? We represent a massive market for global producers. We are home to the world’s international business language.

“We have the most powerful financial hub in Europe. English Common Law is widely respected around the world for the protections it gives and the efficiency it provides in doing business.

And - is if all that weren’t enough - we have the most fecund Prime Minister in the world, sporting the world’s worst haircut. What’s not to like?

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Shelves in Sainsburys looking a bit more sparse today. People mustn't be believing in Britain enough?

I’m looking at doing my HGV III license asap. 

( I will save the Nation singlehandedly :lol:). 

• Haha 3

Jeremy Vine man. What a fucking prick for taking on that job. Do you want a show on channel 5 where you let lunatics talk shit and pretend it's just part of a balanced debate? No thanks, is the correct answer to that job offer. 

• Like 4

It's things like that that make me refuse to be magnanimous and stop calling them stupid. 

Fundamentally they thought ending freedom of movement was one way and combine that with "but we're British" exceptionalism and you get wilful stupidity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 03/08/2021 at 12:27, Howmanheyman said:

Shelves in Sainsburys looking a bit more sparse today. People mustn't be believing in Britain enough?

Thoughts and prayers for Warburton’s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Jeremy Vine man. What a fucking prick for taking on that job. Do you want a show on channel 5 where you let lunatics talk shit and pretend it's just part of a balanced debate? No thanks, is the correct answer to that job offer. 

He’s a cunt 

• Like 1

Owen Jones is a snivelling little cunt as well. Just tell it as it is, man. Don’t arselick the fucking morons who got us where we are. 

• Like 4