Jump to content

Europe?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ewerk

    3464

  • Renton

    2688

  • Rayvin

    2334

  • Christmas Tree

    1912

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Club Tropicana (CT remix '18)   Let me take you to the place Where membership's Britain's disgrace Blue flag with lots of stars. Where strangers take you by the hand And welcome you

Posted Images

  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody noticed the empty shelves in shops yet, not being able to eat out (zip it Gemmill) in restaurants because they are closed or open reduced hours, lack of choice etc? It's here to stay and going to get worse. What are the benefits again? Cheers CT.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renton said:

Anybody noticed the empty shelves in shops yet, not being able to eat out (zip it Gemmill) in restaurants because they are closed or open reduced hours, lack of choice etc? It's here to stay and going to get worse. What are the benefits again? Cheers CT.

My local co-op is almost back to early first lockdown status - it goes several days without certain categories being stocked like bottled water, yoghurts or chicken. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

 

 

I fucking despise Hannon like, heard an interview with him a few weeks back and he said we got the wrong kind of Brexit and it was all the remainer's fault for blocking the right kind of Brexit. Funny, I don't remember staying in the EEA ever being an option like.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He sort of has a point. 

 

When the indicative votes happened, some semi-decent options were scuppered by the libs and the changeuk lot because they weren't a pure revocation. 

 

They might not have been ideal but at least it might have been better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he fuck got a point. Once Cameron resigned, we were always doomed for a hard Brexit under May and her successor. It took Gina Miller, the enemy of the people, to even give parliament a say, a parliament full of right wing nut jobs. 

 

Here's the indicative votes, you can see that nearly all of parliament voted against the EEA plan, not just the liberals. I can't remember why now, not that it matters. And there was never any indicative vote on reversing the result without a referendum, which is what you imply the liberals wanted. What was wrong with a second referendum to confirm our leaving or the nature of our leaving again anyway? Too much democracy? Truth is, Hannon is an idiot who does not even have the most basic knowledge of what the EU is or how it operates, despite being an MEP for however many years. He thought Brexit would be a massive success, he's now revised the timeline to 10 years. He's wrong now and will be wrong again in 5 years time. 

 

 

Screenshot 2021-08-26 161001.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

What was wrong with a second referendum was that too many people were sick of it and wanted it finished - as well as the "we won  so we don't want another vote" crowd. 

 

I'm sure there were indicative votes which failed by less than ten votes. 

 

I'm not saying he wasn't a cunt - just saying there were a few tentative chances to get something better. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NJS said:

What was wrong with a second referendum was that too many people were sick of it and wanted it finished - as well as the "we won  so we don't want another vote" crowd. 

 

I'm sure there were indicative votes which failed by less than ten votes. 

 

I'm not saying he wasn't a cunt - just saying there were a few tentative chances to get something better. 

 

 

 

 

 

Well yeah, getting sick of it and so voting in Johnson and his oven ready deal was clearly the best option. I'm being facetious btw, I know you're not saying that.

 

Point is NJS, Hannon is actually blaming those who wanted to remain for the mess that is Brexit. Take a step back, does that in anyway reasonable? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Common market 2.0 was like EFTA and EEA+ and would only have been 'temporary' until a long term solution was found.

 

Thanks, and this is who voted for it. Yeah, definitely the liberal's fault for the mess we are in.

 

 

Screenshot 2021-08-26 174525.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Renton said:

 

I fucking despise Hannon like, heard an interview with him a few weeks back and he said we got the wrong kind of Brexit and it was all the remainer's fault for blocking the right kind of Brexit. Funny, I don't remember staying in the EEA ever being an option like.  

Those pesky remainers are at fault for not being in power and therefore not able to negotiate the deal the leavers wanted / were promised by the people they actually did vote into power. I think that’s how it works. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...