Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

If you're going to hate every player who wants away when a bigger club comes calling you'll be hating quite a few people.

Phil's got a point though, it smacks of people settling for mediocrity when they're happy to let one of their best players go to another team and not create about it - plus it shows how very far we've fallen when the term 'bigger club' is bandied about so easily to pretty much anyone that comes in for one of our players.

Booing is shite but what's the alternative? Waving white hankies like the Spanish? Mind, all that aside, it's a pointless gesture either way because the only people that are bothered are the fans - nobody at the club gives a flying fuck what any of the paying public think, just as long as they keep paying and lining Fat Mike's pockets.

Fuck me, you have completely swallowed the clubs propaganda haven't you? Disgraceful from the fans today that they booed a player like Cabaye, and cheered on that mercenary might-be-rapist Remy. Idiots.

might be rapist? ffs.

Phil's got a point though, it smacks of people settling for mediocrity when they're happy to let one of their best players go to another team and not create about it - plus it shows how very far we've fallen when the term 'bigger club' is bandied about so easily to pretty much anyone that comes in for one of our players.

Booing is shite but what's the alternative? Waving white hankies like the Spanish? Mind, all that aside, it's a pointless gesture either way because the only people that are bothered are the fans - nobody at the club gives a flying fuck what any of the paying public think, just as long as they keep paying and lining Fat Mike's pockets.

What does Ashley's lack of ambition have to do with Cabaye?

We're just eating up whatever the media's feeding us, still not a single word from Cabaye on all this but he's a villain.

Eh, I thought that was a fair assessment considering? What's ffs about it?

He's not been charged, he's on bail.

Massive difference.

Even more-so when you consider three people were released on bail.

He's not been charged, he's on bail.

Massive difference.

Even more-so when you consider three people were released on bail.

He answers his bail in September. It's then the police tell him the charges are dropped.

You want to know the alternative? You should have watched the Man U game against Chelsea and heard their support for Rooney.

Rooney never went on strike.

I dont mind players wanting to leave, however there is a proper way to do it - hand in a transfer request. Like Parker & Dyer did. It may not feel good, but you have to respect their decision.

Going on strike to try and force the club to accept a derisory offer is bang out of order.

Why do you think he was on strike?

Why has he not been fined?

I know most people like to paint the club in bad light at every opportunity, but c'mon there is no logic behind the myth Ashley told Pardew he can't play Cabaye. Especially when you hear nothing from Cabaye, and Pardew saying things like "the decision was easy as it was out of my hands" and "if he leaves, bye bye".

If that's not proof enough, what about Cabaye not getting into the French squad? Deschamps said it was because of what is happening at the club. Surely, Cabaye would have broke his silence to say he's was being "forced" out the team by Evil Dr Ashley!

To date I dont think the club has ever publicised fining a player. I know Barton said he wasn't paid while in prison, I dont remember the club mentioning fines at the time.

Also, Ranger constantly turning up late must have resulted in fines. And the bizarre way Routledge was hurried out the club, I vaugue remember Pardew saying something about attitude. but nothing about fines.

Edited by Phil

daily mail :lol:

Well it's not going to be on .co.uk :lol:

The quotes are from his press conference, so i know they are real. this is the most telling line

I understand players’ position at times and there are other times I don’t understand it

Why does Cabaye have a position that needs to be understood if the club are the driving force in selling him?

Whichever way it is, he was poor out there.

I thought he was okay hen he came on and gave us a bit of hurried bite back in midfield.

As for the booing its a tough one. Probably no reaction would be the best bet but its quite understandable the anger felt when a player wants to fuck off and then refuses to play to try and push the deal through. (Taking Phils view and not the conspiracy theorists).

I couldn't give two shits that he got booed personally. The fans have been told he refused to play for 3 games. He's getting paid a fortune to have the privilege of playing for our club. If the club is lying about it then theres nowt stopping him putting the record straight

Rooney never went on strike.

I dont mind players wanting to leave, however there is a proper way to do it - hand in a transfer request. Like Parker & Dyer did. It may not feel good, but you have to respect their decision.

Going on strike to try and force the club to accept a derisory offer is bang out of order.

You've changed the subject by putting forward the idea that Cabaye went on strike.

Why did Rooney not start against Swansea? Why, which is the question we are addressing, did the Man U fans not therefore make the same assumption about him not starting? He didnt play in the Community shield yet he looked fitter than ever against Chelsea. Trying to crowbar an argument between the two situations is nonsense. The Man U fans werent 'settling for mediocrity' as per The Moog by giving him 100% support even though they know his head is turned too.

I couldn't give two shits that he got booed personally. The fans have been told he refused to play for 3 games. He's getting paid a fortune to have the privilege of playing for our club. If the club is lying about it then theres nowt stopping him putting the record straight

Nonsense, it serves no purpose for him to come out with that. Your parents didnt advance so far in the NHS by being so politically inept ;)

You've changed the subject by putting forward the idea that Cabaye went on strike.

Why did Rooney not start against Swansea? Why, which is the question we are addressing, did the Man U fans not therefore make the same assumption about him not starting? He didnt play in the Community shield yet he looked fitter than ever against Chelsea. Trying to crowbar an argument between the two situations is nonsense. The Man U fans werent 'settling for mediocrity' as per The Moog by giving him 100% support even though they know his head is turned too.

Shoulder injury was the official line coming from man-u. If Arsenal/Cabaye's agent hand't leaked the story a few hours before man-c, we could have also peddle that lie and saved a lot of agro.

I have to say I'm quite surprised you would advocate cheering Cabaye. Players have been vilified for a lot less - Jenas' gold fish bowl remark springs to mind.

Here's my view why on Rooney was cheered and Cabaye booed;

1. Moyes successfully sued Rooney over his autobiography, so it is safe to conclude Rooney is unhappy working under Moyes. Man-u have always stuck to the "should injury" story... and the man-u fans cheered him to show him he had a reason to stay.

2. Cabaye wanted to force Newcastle into selling him on the cheap. The club have been upfront and gave Arsenal a reasonable asking price. Arsenal lost interest and Cabaye still didnt play against West Ham.

Pretty different situation.

Rooney has a grievance with his manager and wants out, where as Cabaye wanted to progress his career (and screw us over on price in the process). And it's the part in brackets which warrants the boos.