Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

That's EXACTLY what's wrong with this club right now. People overusing the word 'Ambition'.

To be ambitious is to aim to succeed. What would define success? Spending £200m to have a crack at getting into the top 4?

It's not what I want to see as a fan, but if I was Ashley I wouldn't be trying to compete with the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc. It would be like trying to out-piss a race horse.

To be ambitious is to aim to succeed. What would define success? Spending £200m to have a crack at getting into the top 4?

It's not what I want to see as a fan, but if I was Ashley I wouldn't be trying to compete with the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc. It would be like trying to out-piss a race horse.

Pretty sure you mentioned £150M before. Now it's £200M. Why do you think your fellow supporters are so thick as you've already alluded to on a few occasions? Do you really think that Newcastle United should settle for shit? Who has called for these massive spends of between £150-£200M? Succeeding to me would be us trying our best and pulling everything together as a business to stretch out to get what we can for the club. Do you think the drive is really there at the minute? Honestly?

Interesting to note - :

1. Joe Kinnear saying he wouldn't let anyone leave. It just shows you how out of touch and disjointed our transfer team are.

2. The club have had since August to secure a replacement yet we are still scrambling around in the last week of the transfer window.

Or

1. Gives other clubs the impression we are not desperate to sell and spurs them on to put their money where there mouth is.

2. Today's rapid bid for this lad has no doubt being planned for some time should Cabaye go.

Not all deals can be finalised to suit perfect circumstances.

You should also try and cheer up a bit. I'm worried about you.

Interesting to note - :

1. Joe Kinnear saying he wouldn't let anyone leave. It just shows you how out of touch and disjointed our transfer team are.

2. The club have had since August to secure a replacement yet we are still scrambling around in the last week of the transfer window.

That's a fairly harsh assessment

1. After the summer antics Cabaye was always going to be sold as soon as a decent bid came in. If Kinnear had said anything else people would be up in arms saying he's touting our players around

2. The offer for Cabaye has only just come in. The club have acted quickly to push it through and leave plenty of time to line up additions, the timing of De Jong photos and Cabaye press conference suggest they were done in tandem. Also, I doubt we'd have bought anyone if Cabaye had stayed, so we can't really line anyone up as agents etc make it rather difficult to get a good idea who's really available.

I think most would agree an extra midfielder is a fair trade off.

That's a fairly harsh assessment

1. After the summer antics Cabaye was always going to be sold as soon as a decent bid came in. If Kinnear had said anything else people would be up in arms saying he's touting our players around

2. The offer for Cabaye has only just come in. The club have acted quickly to push it through and leave plenty of time to line up additions, the timing of De Jong photos and Cabaye press conference suggest they were done in tandem. Also, I doubt we'd have bought anyone if Cabaye had stayed, so we can't really line anyone up as agents etc make it rather difficult to get a good idea who's really available.

I think most would agree an extra midfielder is a fair trade off.

But if the agreement was in place, why didn't we just have the other players in before his departure?

But if the agreement was in place, why didn't we just have the other players in before his departure?

Very good point.

Looks like the club are happy with the money and de jong. Anything else is a bonus.

Pretty sure they'll still be work in another deal.

Or

1. Gives other clubs the impression we are not desperate to sell and spurs them on to put their money where there mouth is.

2. Today's rapid bid for this lad has no doubt being planned for some time should Cabaye go.

Not all deals can be finalised to suit perfect circumstances.

You should also try and cheer up a bit. I'm worried about you.

Don't be a cunt.

Think expectations of the price were raised by the £25 million valuation put about by us, and he was probably worth that much to us, but I think objectively as a supporter of another club around £20 million is about right.

Interesting to see he's only on a 3 year contract, free transfer back to us as a 31 year old please

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yohan-cabaye-quit-newcastle-united-6646373

There was an agreement to let him leave THIS window. Makes Kinnear look a bigger twat than we already know he is.

Piss off! I don't believe it. Kinnear's twatdom is insurmountable, irrepressible and impossible to improve upon.

He said he left to win trophies. We're not going to win trophies. He wants to win league titles and Champions League titles and with the disparity in the Premiership, that's not going to happen with us.

The league titles over the last 18 years have gone to Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, with Man City joining the party after spending the best part of half a billion quid. Unless he joins one of those clubs, there's no chance of winning trophies in England. I don't think he's talking about a one off League Cup win.

Piss off! I don't believe it. Kinnear's twatdom is insurmountable, irrepressible and impossible to improve upon.

What on Earth do you want from the club???

Cabaye went on strike, so what if Kinnear told him we'd sell him when a decent bid came in. Cabaye has been in the best form of his career since.

Wihtout that talk we'd have had a sulking player on our hands.