January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Séverin ‏@jseverin11

Info @beinsport Moussa #Sissoko (TFC) s'est engagé à son tour avec #Newcastle. Il n'ira donc pas à l' #OM. #NUFC #Mercato @OM_Officiel

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

So beinsport say #sissoko is going to #nufc

Hope so, from what people are saying he sounds like a top prospect and already a very good player.

Fuck knows whether any of these three signings will come off but lets hope they do and soon so we can quickly turn our attention to bringing Ba's replacement in. Not to mention Best/Lovenkrands!

So many Sissoko/Cissoko's kicking around.

True but Moussa is actually very very good. Potentially a strong central midfield with Tiote, Anita, Cabaye and Sissoko. Could see the likes of Gosling being moved in the summer.

Likened to Viera in style. That's certainly something we don't have at the moment (or ever that I can remember tbh).

Saying they don't know if he's coming now or in the summer. Given our current position that seems a no brainer for all concerned!

True but Moussa is actually very very good. Potentially a strong central midfield with Tiote, Anita, Cabaye and Sissoko. Could see the likes of Gosling being moved in the summer.

Who is this ''Gosling''?

What he means is that he's out of contract in the summer so he's signed one for then instead of now.

Ah right. Wait & see I suppose.

Apart from up front - the proposed signings almost have us approaching depth.

Fock me.

Pre contract?

Sounds completely meaningless.

That was touted about last October to be honest, It was mentioned he would sign a pre-contract come Jan. I think the media have now jumped on that and assuming he will sign this month, personally I don't see that as we currently have Anita, Perch and Tiote (when he is back) in that position and Cabaye can even drop back to a more central role. Pay €3 million now or nothing in the summer.

Whilst signing young, promising players on the cheap is good, we could also do with some older proven heads with a bit of leadership and stomach for a fight.

Mbiwa and Sissoko are exactly the type of players we want to be signing in our current predicament. Both have tremendous character.

So who does Sissoko replace in the first 11?

He gives us a number of options. For example in the home games that we should be winning where the opposition park the bus play him instead of Tiote. Then in away games when we need a bit more steel in the midfield three Sissoko, Tiote and Cabaye would be fantastic.

Although if those goes through I think we'll sell Tiote.