January 2013 transfers

sammynb

According to the football media here Tim Cahill is off to the mackems in a loan deal for the MLS off season.Allegedly when he left in the summer it was agreed he'd go back to the blue bin dippers in the MLS off season but they've decided they are doing well enough without him and decided not to take up the offer.

Edited by Ant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading have signed some Portugese right back.

Cahill to sunderland is unsurprising and won't make a significant difference to their form.

Reading have signed some Portugese right back.

Cahill to sunderland is unsurprising and won't make a significant difference to their form.

Possibly but they will finally have someone in the team that can head a ball - something we seem to be lacking for all the crossing going on.

Edited by sammynb

Possibly but they will finally have someone in the team that can head a ball - something we seem to be lacking for all the crossing going on.

Yeah, but he's nowhere near as mobile as he was and his talent was always knowing when to make the runs. He may still know when to make them, but he can't manage the effort, the fat knacker :lol:

I read in the papers that Birmingham's financial situation is so bad they will be "forced to sacrifice keeper Jack Butland."

Things are tough at St. Andrew's but does Lee Clark really have to re-enact "The Wicker Man?"

Following players free to sign pre-contract deals. Any realistic targets?

Arsenal: Theo Walcott, Andrei Arshavin, Sebastien Squillaci, Emmanuel Frimpong, Lukasz Fabianski

Aston Villa: Richard Dunne, Andy Marshall, Eric Lichaj

Chelsea: Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Florent Malouda, Paulo Ferreira, Hilario, Ross Turnbull

Everton: Phil Neville, Sylvain Distin, Jan Mucha

Fulham: Mladen Petric, Damien Duff, Mark Schwarzer, Chris Baird, Philippe Senderos, Mahamadou Diarra, Giorgos Karagounis, Brede Hangeland, Neil Etheridge

Liverpool: Jamie Carragher, Doni

Manchester City: Kolo Toure, Richard Wright

Manchester United: Rio Ferdinand, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs

Newcastle United: Steve Harper, Xisco, Danny Simpson

Norwich City: Elliott Ward, Marc Tierney, Simeon Jackson

QPR: Kieron Dyer, Brian Murphy, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Radek Cerny, Ryan Nelsen

Reading: Stuart Taylor, Ian Harte, Brynjar Gunnarsson, Noel Hunt, Jay Tabb, Alex Pearce, Simon Church

Southampton: Frazer Richardson, Richard Chaplow, Danny Butterfield, Artur Boruc, Jason Puncheon

Stoke City: Michael Owen, Matthew Upson, Carlo Nash, Rory Delap, Dean Whitehead, Ryan Shotton

Sunderland: Titus Bramble, Louis Saha, Matt Kilgallon, Fraizer Campbell

Swansea City: Gerhard Tremmel, Luke Moore, Dwight Tiendalli, Mark Gower

Tottenham Hotspur: William Gallas, Carlo Cudicini

West Brom: Boaz Myhill, Marc-Antoine Fortune, Steven Reid, Zoltan Gera, Goran Popov, Chris Brunt, Gonzalo Jara, Luke Daniels, Yassine El Ghanassy

West Ham: Jussi Jaaskelainen, Gary O’Neil, Freddie Piquionne, Winston Reid, Joey O’Brien, Carlton Cole

Wigan Athletic: Maynor Figueroa, Callum McManaman, Franco Di Santo, Albert Crusat, Piscu, Mike Pollitt, Ronnie Stam, David Jones, Emmerson Boyce, Antolin Alcaraz

Not many really get my juices going, but Diarra and Hangeland stand out for me.

Following players free to sign pre-contract deals. Any realistic targets?

Not many really get my juices going, but Diarra and Hangeland stand out for me.

None of them can sign pre-contracts with us at this moment though. ;)

Ba back in talks with Chelsea today according to Ryder

It's only a matter of time before this one completes. Sturridge to Liverpool is a done deal and for around £12m and there's no way they'll leave themselves with just Torres as a recognised striker.

Ba is proven in this league plus they'll make a net profit of £5m over the two deals.

They'll overcome the financial differences to make this one happen.

It's only a matter of time before this one completes. Sturridge to Liverpool is a done deal and for around £12m and there's no way they'll leave themselves with just Torres as a recognised striker.

Ba is proven in this league plus they'll make a net profit of £5m over the two deals.

They'll overcome the financial differences to make this one happen.

Aren't they chasing Falcao though?

I know people have been quite dismissive of the Odemwingie link but as long as he's not the only player we bring in I think that he would be a perfect squad player for us. Despite his age he still has a bit of pace about him, he's more than comfortable playing as a wide forward too. We are in desperate need of a squad and to especially bulk up our striking options as we don't want to have to be relying on Shola and I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

In addition are they going to spend that much money with an "interim" manager?

I don't think it matters so much who the manager is, presume its separate from who actually buys the players with chelsea or they'd be totally unable to operate

Aye I know the manager doesn't have a great deal to say in terms of transfers but for the amount Falcao will cost you would have thought they'd like the right one there.

Odemwingie is all right, but I think my negativity towards him is based on the fear you mention. Can't imagine he'd be on a big wage, wouldn't be tied down for a long contract and would still have resale value to Championship teams in a season or so.

Aye, they dont have manager, they have coach, who picks the players he's provided with by his bosses. A lot of clubs do this now. Including ourselves.

So theres a school of thought that Ba is being used as bait in a move for Falcao?...oh dear :lol:

Is there anythng concrete about PSG's interest?...