The PS4 Thread

Monroe Transfer

I've only got Battlefield 4 & FIFA 14 at the moment but that's enough as I'm not too heavy a gamer, just a few hours a week. :up:

FIFA is a massive improvement but you don't notice much difference playing online - only when playing a mate. I was really enjoying Battlefield till my save disappeared & I haven't found time to start it again, maybe around Christmas or when they actually bother to fix it. The new pads feel much better though I haven't had much cause to use the touchpad yet. Watching people stream stuff can be cool too, to get a glimpse of a game or just watch people do daft stuff on the camera. One couple left it turned on so they could go out & see how their dog was getting on via their mobiles. :lol:

Tempted to pick up Assasins Creed too :up:

I got pretty much when I expected from a new console really, nothing too groundbreaking yet but I'm satisfied with the overall package. It's mental what they're going for on ebay mind.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my PS4 with

Fifa - Standard

Killzone - Best title for me, looks fantastic and a decent story etc

Black Flag - Canny, not as good as i was expecting though. The story goes a bit odd and it gets a bit repetitive. Need to give it more time though tbf.

Marvel Heroes - Got this for the kids (lego) and its good fun

Thinking about it, when was the last time a launch had a properly top stellar game, that wasn't available elsewhere? Probably Halo back on the original Xbox?

I'm a sucker for a bit of launch hype and might've been tempted by one of these but I'm very much a take my time playing 1 very well reviewed game until I finish it kind of guy, and there's nothing there that's particularly interesting enough for an upgrade yet when there's a lot of good titles still coming out current gen.

• 1 month later...

Thinking of a new game but I haven't been paying attention so I've no idea what's good.

Any ideas? I've got FIFA & Battlefield at the moment but I never play the latter as it kept deleting my save and it was too demoralising to go back plus I'm shite online :lol:

well think about it why buy games for ps4 when you can get those games free with ps plus down the road i know it means you have to wait but plus is better as it gives you free games.

Thinking of a new game but I haven't been paying attention so I've no idea what's good.

Any ideas? I've got FIFA & Battlefield at the moment but I never play the latter as it kept deleting my save and it was too demoralising to go back plus I'm shite online :lol:

Octodad looks funny as fuck. Strider is out today and looks like it's going to be class. Both on PSN.

Download Outlast from the store for free and prepare to shit your knickers througout. Also get Assassins Creed, fantastic game.

Bought Assassins Creed. :up:

I'm only about 20 minutes in so far and I've never played an Assassins Creed game before so needless to say I was fairly surprised when I suddenly arrived in the present after starting off all piratey. :lol:

Looks pretty good as a game but I don't think the graphics will be a patch on some upcoming PS4 games.

Yeah the story might be a bit confusing if you havent followed the past Assassins Creed games, although you'll probably be able to piece some things together from everything. The Story is excellent though, it's gutting once you complete it, it'll probably make you want to see what the others were like and play them.

I still haven't finished 3 which pisses me off a bit since I put in all the effort with the others. They are very good games, but I think they peaked with Ezio; wasn't massively invested in Connor. Someday I want to play them all back to back as the story is good (although it has the potential to get crazy).

Still not seen enough on the PS4 to justify buying it sadly. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for either as I'd buy games like Skyrim for the PC... I'm probably waiting for a good shooter that isn't one of the carbon copy CODs or something like that. I enjoyed Resistance on the PS3, I'd have another look in for something like that.