Life moves pretty fast...

Dr Gloom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to shift into something else in the next 12 months. Got my TEFL certificate there doing nowt and I imagine that moving to Korea for a year is quite a shift but fuck it, I think it needs to be something drastic that shifts you out of the malaise.

I'm probably going to shift into something else in the next 12 months. Got my TEFL certificate there doing nowt and I imagine that moving to Korea for a year is quite a shift but fuck it, I think it needs to be something drastic that shifts you out of the malaise.

Go for it, man

Heard nothing but positive things from people I know who've done it.

Whatever you do, don't "find yourself" though. You might discover that you're a total arsehole. Ignorance is bliss, believe me.

My cousin spent a year in Korea, found a Korean lass to settle down with and now won't come back :lol:

Apparently it keeps you.

:lol: I wear leaving on time like a badge of honour but I know what you mean about people who stay late and like everyone to know about it. They may as well be announcing they fuck kids as far as I'm concerned.

Actually thinking about it, increasing hours at work actually reduces 'value'. The real value in your labour is your ingenuity and foibles not really about grinding out the hours. It's why Capitalism will ultimately fail because it refuses to recognise this....

Good to know Im not the only one 'slacking off' work. I've gotten to the point now where my boss looks visibly scared when telling me to stay in late or come in on a Saturday :D

You hear people talking about doing what you want so that work doesnt feel like work, but what the hell are you supposed to do when you dont really know what you want? :lol: Professionally speaking anyway. Be a partner/CFO/CEO. I look at those guys and often feel sorry for the way most are living their lives. Screw that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done it all, me. Worked shifts, flexi, 9-5, 9-6, 8-4, on call, on-site, and even piece-work. I've busted my hump for extra credit and I've worked to rule. I've even had the luxury of not needing a job for long enough that anyone would need to find their self. And I can honestly say none of that shit matters if you actually view work as merely the exchange of your time for money in the pocket. If I die tomorrow I know what my death bed regret will be.....never being my own boss.

I've done it all, me. Worked shifts, flexi, 9-5, 9-6, 8-4, on call, on-site, and even piece-work. I've busted my hump for extra credit and I've worked to rule. I've even had the luxury of not needing a job for long enough that anyone would need to find their self. And I can honestly say none of that shit matters if you actually view work as merely the exchange of your time for money in the pocket. If I die tomorrow I know what my death bed regret will be.....never being my own boss.

100% behind you on that one.

Edited by Rayvin

Actually thinking about it, increasing hours at work actually reduces 'value'. The real value in your labour is your ingenuity and foibles not really about grinding out the hours. It's why Capitalism will ultimately fail because it refuses to recognise this....

In my experience many people cover up their lack of talent or smarts by simply outworking their colleagues. These people must have no time left for real life. Fuck that!