Derby day countdown

Banshee

With 3 games to play, before the derby, who can say what players we'll have available in a fortnight ........... suggestions please.

The injury situation will hopefully ease and we'll pick up no fresh ones to major players.

For the 2nd leg of the Benfica game I suppose a lot will depend on what happened in the 1st. If we are losing 1 or 2 nil after the 1st leg we'll need to play a strong team in the 2nd.

In reality before the derby game, by the time Thursday night ends and Sunday morning begins, we'll have only had 2 days rest. Do we train on the Friday or Saturday?

In March, when we were summat like 9 points clear, I'd hoped the derby wouldn't have a great deal of significance.

Now the match could be critical in keeping us up and sending them down.

Edited by Banshee

I don't know how to feel about it - I'm hoping there's no new manager syndrome kicking in - it doesn't matter how good you are sometimes the luck just falls - see O'Neills first 15 games - a great win ratio against some great teams with insane luck - then look at everything since.

I'd like to think Di Canio winds them up, their arses fall out as normal and we win by two.

Watching their game on Saturday the whole team were hugely lethargic but I'm not sure that was simply down to MON's famed 'motivational skills' or whatever .

I'm willing to wager a big factor in that is that they're actually in poor physical condition .

The Italian will surely major on fitness but is it too late for them ?

It's tight - there's a lot of teams in it - we still need to react to our last two games - I'm confident we'll pick up but we are one of the 8 or 9 teams in the mix for relegation so we have to be on our toes.

It's tight - there's a lot of teams in it - we still need to react to our last two games - I'm confident we'll pick up but we are one of the 8 or 9 teams in the mix for relegation so we have to be on our toes.

Only having 2 days between Benfica and the derby is what bothers me, I just hope we don't have an epic with extra time etc.

We have 4 games to squeeze into a fortnight and they're all 'crucial' depending on your outlook ..... lose to Fulham and everything changes.

I think/hope we'll beat Fulham and give ourselves a bit of breathing space going into Europe.

Edited by Banshee

First time in years I'll not get to this, not paying a fortune to viagogo.

Think they are deep in the shite now, can't see the new manager syndrome having much of an impact. Looking forward to see how Paulo handles McClean.

Think they are deep in the shite now, can't see the new manager syndrome having much of an impact. Looking forward to see how Paulo handles McClean.

I've organised my tickets etc and I don't want to think of the cost. I'll be near Florence at the time and will need to get a train to Pisa, flight to Luton, hire car to Nottingham and drive up on Sunday with my sons.

The train from Nottingham gets in at 12.35 which is a pain so we can't drink all the way there and back.

I expect it to be tight again, however we've got into a good habit of not losing to these. Di Canio might not be aware of it but their players and fans most definitely are. My main worry is how much the Benfica game will affect us.

Edited by Howmanheyman

They will get on well the IRA have a history of working with the Nazi's

European quartets final tonight, meatloaf tomorrow and then 3 home games in a week with the last one being the derby.

Happy Days :)

It'll be fish for us, as usual on a Friday :)

You do realise we have no chance of beating the makems now.We will be lucky if we escape with a 4 v 0 defeat.Di Canio is the best manager in the world.The new makem messiah.Well the makems think that.I think we will face a sprited side which will fight fight fight.......until the second goal goes in and then the ref will blow for half time.They will fight fight fight again until they concede a third after 51 mins and then it will be a stroll,with the mighty mags winning 5 v 1. The makems of course will say they were unlucky because we were awarded a throw-in on the half way line in the first minute which they should have had.The makems are the unluckiest team ever.

The ref needs to watch out for dives by sessinon,and Larrson,Johnson and gardner demanding he shows a red or two to home players.

You do realise we have no chance of beating the makems now.We will be lucky if we escape with a 4 v 0 defeat.Di Canio is the best manager in the world.The new makem messiah.Well the makems think that.I think we will face a sprited side which will fight fight fight.......until the second goal goes in and then the ref will blow for half time.They will fight fight fight again until they concede a third after 51 mins and then it will be a stroll,with the mighty mags winning 5 v 1. The makems of course will say they were unlucky because we were awarded a throw-in on the half way line in the first minute which they should have had.The makems are the unluckiest team ever.

The ref needs to watch out for dives by sessinon,and Larrson,Johnson and gardner demanding he shows a red or two to home players.

I just hope the 2nd leg doesn't finish at midnight after extra time and penalties.

Unless we've won by 5 or 6 in the 1st we'll almost certainly have to risk every fit first team player.

With 3 games in the next 8 days that'll certainly have an effect ............ at least we won't need much fitness training ;)

We'll be fine. The likes of Wickham will literally shit themselves at the level of noise produced by us lot! Cannot wait for this game. Funny though - at home derby matches, the quiet folk that never make a sound sing for 90 minutes. If they did that every match, we'd see better results at home.

These lot will buckle under the pressure - Di Canio to square off with Pards before Carver comes through and knocks him out!

Personally can't wait for the derby. They have one player in any semblance of form this season and he's crocked. Krul, Taylor, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye et al know the craic, they will let the other lads know how big this game is

Personally can't wait for the derby. They have one player in any semblance of form this season and he's crocked. Krul, Taylor, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye et al know the craic, they will let the other lads know how big this game is

This could be a classic, lots at stake, the whole fascism thing and now Thatcher has had the decency to clear off.

If the club tries a 'minute's silence' there could be trouble between the pros & cons.