Newcastle v Sunderland

Christmas Tree

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can one of the mods disable CT's account for the rest of the day btw? He's gonna be at his absolute worst today, cos he's gonna be gloating about how right he is in the aftermath of a howking off the tramps. I predict he's gonna be VERY unpopular on here over the next few days.

I wonder what CT made of Marveaux?

Howay man, people have been saying this all season. At what point does he become culpable for our terrible league performances this season?

We don't seem to have any sort of positive game plan at all. Di Canio out foxed him today completely.

But what about Thursday night man? You can't go from a good performance like that where everyone's happy with the effort to a game like today and say "Well that one that just happened was ALL the manager's fault."

I'm not saying he's perfect. I don't even really care that much, but all the FUCK OFF PARDEW stuff is just daft.

It's not all Pardew's fault, of course, but I can't get my head over a team with the (on paper) quality of ours looking so inept and clueless in the final third (save for a couple of Cisse chances and the 'offside' goal).

Thing is, we were playing like a side that knows itself to be much better than the other team, and they were playing like a team in a derby. Our heads not in the right place I guess, but I think we honestly expected that we'd just be too good for them. To be honest, I thought that personally.

Spot on, Pardew was hardly to blame for Jonas' embarrassing pass attempt that led to their first, or the linesman calling a perfectly onside goal offside and an offside one onside. We've been fucked over, combination of shite play and shite officiating. Shite performance all around, Pardew included but he doesn't shoulder 100% of the blame. Now we'll never hear the end of this for the next 20 year.

They could have had 2 penalties shite officiating did not lose us the game shite passing, shooting, tackling, marking, awareness and leadership lost us the game.

What an absolute nightmare of a game. Defensively we were suspect all game. They lifted and our players weren't able to. Offside being incorrectly called really hurt us but all things considered it would be tough to argue that the better side on the day didn't win.

They could have had 2 penalties shite officiating did not lose us the game shite passing, shooting, tackling, marking, awareness and leadership lost us the game.

That's what he meant when he said A COMBINATION of shite play and shite officiating.

I've spent a portion of my weekend debating to myself what games we can get something out of to confirm safety.

Had this one down as a win and in all honesty could not contemplate losing it.

Got 5 games left in which we need to win 2 to be safe. A big ask, to be honest.

But what about Thursday night man? You can't go from a good performance like that where everyone's happy with the effort to a game like today and say "Well that one that just happened was ALL the manager's fault."

I'm not saying he's perfect. I don't even really care that much, but all the FUCK OFF PARDEW stuff is just daft.

He knew well in advance how Sunderland would play and didn't prepare at all. Plus our pathetic set pieces are a fucking embarrassment and have been all season where is the coaching?

I've spent a portion of my weekend debating to myself what games we can get something out of to confirm safety.

Had this one down as a win and in all honesty could not contemplate losing it.

Got 5 games left in which we need to win 2 to be safe. A big ask, to be honest.

I think we will be ok, the other teams around us are awful and I can't see Sunderland winning anymore.

But what about Thursday night man? You can't go from a good performance like that where everyone's happy with the effort to a game like today[/] and say "Well that one that just happened was ALL the manager's fault."

It's not just about today though, what about the rest of this season?

It's starting to feel like the injury-plagued start to the campaign is a handy excuse for the dreadful season this has been.

We're much nearer a full strength team now and there's still no change in results. There are fundamental weaknesses in this team when it comes to set pieces and being attacked on the break. Injured players or not, the matchday squads all exhibit the same weaknesses with every game. We don't have the best run in, and the fact we're 15th or whatever is only because the clubs below us have also been shocking. It's going to be like this until the end of the season, with perhaps us just managing to steal two home wins to stay up.

Pardew has done a great job gelling the team off the field and making sure all the new players settled in quickly, but it's on the pitch where he just hasn't given us any coherence. We're not organised at all, and that's why when we played a shite but efficient team today we got sucker punched time and time again. Where's the basic tactics that will make us a threat at set pieces? It's just hit and hope to the far post where we hoy our tallest player. It hasn't worked yet this season and nor will it.

8 year contract means a lot of compensation for fat mike to pay out, so we're reliant on new players coming in who will be leaders on the pitch. We can't just throw on an unfit Ben Arfa and hope he can unlock a defence that has 9-10 opposition in the box or wait for Cisse to spring a goal out of a half chance at the death.

A big mistake we made was going all guns blazing right at the start.

We should have slowed the game down, shown some composure on the ball, passed it around. Scumderland would have been knackered in the second half with all the pressing and running and then we could have really had a go at them in the second half.

We have more athletic and fitter players than they do.

The goal gave them a real impetus and they sat back till the end of the game needing us to chase the game.

Are you incapable of comprehending the written word. It had fuck all to do with it.

Of course it had something to do with it. A perfectly fair goal was disallowed. Comprehend that, arsehole.

Didn't stick around to see the post match stats but for the most part I'm aware that we had more possession than they did.

That counts for fuck all when you get to the final third and don't have a clue what to do next outside of hoping for a bit of Cisse magic.

Sissoko seems to have regressed significantly since his explosive start.

4 o'clock in the fucking morning, I shudda stayed in me bed.

That was humilitating to say the least.

Is there anyone on this forum that thought we would lose?

Lose, we were hammered.

I'm glad the match was on Sunday, it didn't fuck-up my entire weekend.

Where was Haidara? Jonas gave them their first goal with his errant pass and missed tackle.

Shades of Benfica's second half play was a pipedream.

We were out-played, out-faught, and out-scored in our own back-yard.

It's not just about today though, what about the rest of this season?

It's been a shit season, no doubt about it. Partly through injury, partly through the manager, partly the players, some of whom have been unrecognisable from the shifts they put in last season. I just think Pardew's the easy one to blame for all of it. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some of it btw - the game plan at corners would be a very easy win for him to sort out and he's apparently done nothing about it.

We could've gone two ways when we were conned by Darren 'I stick it up Clive Tyldesleys pooper' Cann with the disallowed goal - 1) get fired up and go out to right the officials' wrong, or 2) feel aggrieved and mope about it.

We did the latter and lost the game.

Di Canio got the game spot on - we turned up thinking we'd turn them over with no plan b.

4 o'clock in the fucking morning, I shudda stayed in me bed.

That was humilitating to say the least.

Is there anyone on this forum that thought we would lose?

Lose, we were hammered.

I'm glad the match was on Sunday, it didn't fuck-up my entire weekend.

Where was Haidara? Jonas gave them their first goal with his errant pass and missed tackle.

Shades of Benfica's second half play was a pipedream.

We were out-played, out-faught, and out-scored in our own back-yard.

Jonas also gifted them the 2nd when he let Johnson come inside onto his left foot.