What a great game

Dappa03

how you lot can call millwall is beyond me after Sundays shambles

Hey we have regular unwashed posters on the SMB, been on there for years.

After looking around here it seems I was very wrong and thy are the semi intelligent ones out of you lol

Come on now, surely you can do better than this?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you've won what exactly?

Hush you, we won the Intertoto cup and the Championship. Tremble at our trophies. Although in recent times you've won the Championship more than us I believe (2 to our 1?).

You think you deserve the same praise as barca, and you think it's your divine right to be in the top four.

We beat them man, we're better than Barca! I demand that 4th spot in the league be ours, and every season if we're not there then we swap places with the team occupying that position. That's the only fair way I can see.

Problem is when reality kicks in your(1) just a mid table club who's having second season syndrome (2) and now after Sunday the world knows just how god awful your club is :)(3)

1) you're*

2) this is our third season back in the PL. In our second season (that's the one before this current campaign, in case you're struggling) we finished 5th. :)

3) firstly the world would've tuned in to watch NUFC, not SAFC given our global support is a little bit better than yours. Secondly, they would've seen us play shite, but it was pretty evident that we were shite on the day. No biggie, but only on the day mind - I think our reputation is well-established enough by now that an off day is taken lightly and people won't suddenly change their opinion of us.

Most of you on here are post 92 lol

Well I was born in '89, so I don't really know why that's such a bad thing. Didn't realise I had to be born pre '92 to support NUFC. My bad.

So again I'll say what have you won?

I'm sorry you made it sound like you'd won the premiership or champions league on numerous occasions?

There's some cracking threads on here mind, calling for pardiolas head, cockney mafia out etc, just because you lost 0-3!

Well you didn't just lose did you? You were played off the landfill ;)

I'm sorry you made it sound like you'd won the premiership or champions league on numerous occasions?

There's some cracking threads on here mind, calling for pardiolas head, cockney mafia out etc, just because you lost 0-3!

Lol...your on some serious wankfest.....

You're too mean.

crocodile_tears_cry_gif.gif

I think given the fact they haven't been used to winning many games the past few seasons, least of all against us. Now that they've gone to SJP and got a lifetime-defining result and it's the day after, the mackems clearly don't know what to do with themselves.

This guy, bless him has clearly suffered from some sort of aneurism brought on by his pure, unadulterated glee at finally witnessing a game where his team have actually not been a sorry excuse for a footballing side. Unfortunately he has been rendered unable to generate any genuine attempt at being clever, so instead has to trawl every single football thread on a rival team's forum and leave weird overtly-familiar-sounding yet meaningless 'banter-lite' comments.

This'll go on for a while before he'll then turn off his computer, and feel a little puzzled at how he feels strangely empty before drifting off to sleep. It's only when the next day rolls around and he starts to realise that the win wasn't actually all it was cracked up to be - that nothing seems to matter anymore because he's finally seen everything he was born to see. Finally the mags were beaten at their homeground in his lifetime...but what happens now? The emptiness will continue to grow until soon he's sat watching Sunderland draw 0-0 with Stoke on the final game of the season and realise that he's hit the pinnacle, the peak of his lifetime as a Sunderland supporter, and now there's nothing left anymore. The sun will shine over the grey of the stadium and a tear will form in the corner of his eye, as the final whistle sounds. FTM.

Aw.

http://www.readytogo...ad.php?t=775340

Have you ever felt this good following the lads?

I honestly can't remember ever feeling this elated (born in '73).

A 3-0 win that might well count for nothing but local pride is the best result in over 3 decades, apparently. Depressing tbh.

From di canio taking to this very minute has been the best time of my Sunderland supporting life.

Am I reading that right? One loss and one win equals "the best time of my Sunderland supporting life"? Oh my.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Tbf, when they havent sampled in their lifetime playing in Europe, especially the champions league or fighting near the end of the season for the league itself, what else is their for them? Us. We are their achievement. While our aim has been to get past Benfica to get the SF, they only think of us. While we have been fucked off at a shite season and how we want to push to at least get back in the Europa again. They just look on the back of their hand for the two dates in the year when they play us.

You know I work in Sunderland, you know that they actually had people in the bars, taking photos to be made in to keyrings? "This was us when we beat the mags". Lass at work got one :lol:

Tbf, when they havent sampled in their lifetime playing in Europe, especially the champions league or fighting near the end of the season for the league itself, what else is their for them? Us. We are their achievement. While our aim has been to get past Benfica to get the SF, they only think of us. While we have been fucked off at a shite season and how we want to push to at least get back in the Europa again. They just look on the back of their hand for the two dates in the year when they play us.

You know I work in Sunderland, you know that they actually had people in the bars, taking photos to be made in to keyrings? "This was us when we beat the mags". Lass at work got one :lol:

Lol ...sad fuckers.....truly the deluded

I love how in the 'toontastic bites' thread based on this they take posts by the one person who's universally derided by all and sundry on here and post them as if they're representative of the common view :lol:.

It's true, it's pointless telling them as much though. The best man at my wedding text me 'fuck off you fucking mag fuck' when he was pissed on Sunday. I reminded him the next day I shook his hand when we beat then 5-1. He was all apologies when he sobered up but they are genuinely a different breed. They look at their ground, their squad, their city, their premier league record, their European record, their minimal press coverage and fucking loathe the fact they are inferior to us in every way, so when they break a 17 year hoodoo the vitriol that pours out is palpable.

You have to have worked with and experienced mackems to realise why they are the way they are. They hate us for a variety of reasons but it boils down to jealousy really. Inferior city, inferior accent, inferior national reputation, inferior football club, inferior job situation, inferior looking people, inferior everything. Now obviously because they are so aware of all of the above, they have a massive inferiority complex which manifests itself as jealousy. Anyone who can debate this and say I'm wrong is a mug. That basically in very simple terms sums up the very ethic of the people of Wearside. They can debate it for ever, but they know deep down in their hearts its true.

At the same time when we see mackems, yes we get smug. For me geordies are often cocky arseholes, but when you're hated by your neighbours who's main tourist attraction is a fuckin dog track, then it's difficult not to be smug. There is an ingrained bigotry against Newcastle in Sunderland, men, women, kids, the works. For them a victory against Newcastle or Tyneside, is like freedom fighters triumphing over state sponsored evil. That's how they see it, even if they won't admit it, and everyone knows the truth.

3-0 aye. Great. We still wake up without bitterness, we can say well done mackems, we still wake up without a SR postcode, and we can still wake up in the best provincial city in the country, whereas they wake up, bitter, classless urchins, in a city without a cathedral, a city which is arguably inferior to those architectural delights of Bradford, Luton and Portsmouth. Every dog has it's day, that was theirs. I'm 35 years of age and haven't missed a derby in 25 years, I've only seen us lose to them 5 times, derbies got to the stage recently for me, where they were so easy, they lost their sharpness, we just thought we'd turn up and win and all the evidence suggested we would as per normal. Regular service will be resumed next season.

how you lot can call millwall is beyond me after Sundays shambles

Hey we have regular unwashed posters on the SMB, been on there for years.

After looking around here it seems I was very wrong and thy are the semi intelligent ones out of you lol

the majority of millwall fans i've encountered are scum. the knobheads on sunday i'd say are in the minority. that's not defending their actions btw, all clubs have their share of arsehole supporters. but most millwall fans i know of do their best to live up to their reputation.

Is that just to wind up the visitors from RTG or do you genuinely believe there is such a thing as 'normal service' in modern football where each side is populated with people with only limited experience and knowledge of the north east?

Is that just to wind up the visitors from RTG or do you genuinely believe there is such a thing as 'normal service' in modern football where each side is populated with people with only limited experience and knowledge of the north east?

I think in terms of Newcastle v Sunderland there is a normal service yes. I think for years and years there's been an inferiority complex, which even foreign players coming to Sunderland must actually feel. When a variety of chairman down the years, have come out with statements like "I wish we had Newcastle's support" Tom Cowie 1983, and Bob Murray's insistence that he wouldn't rest till the SOL had one more seat than us, it is inferiority, and that's coming from the top which obviously sweeps its way around the club. Every Sunderland manager who comes in, makes a statement saying they'll be above Newcastle one day, and I mean everyone, how many toon managers say the same type of things? None. They don't care, whereas the message these Sunderland managers and chairman put out is, "our ambition is to be better than Newcastle", our ambition long term is to be a Champions League team, not to be better than a club who haven't won a trophy since 1969. That IS inferiority. Edited by McFaul

You have to have worked with and experienced mackems to realise why they are the way they are. They hate us for a variety of reasons but it boils down to jealousy really. Inferior city, inferior accent, inferior national reputation, inferior football club, inferior job situation, inferior looking people, inferior everything. Now obviously because they are so aware of all of the above, they have a massive inferiority complex which manifests itself as jealousy. Anyone who can debate this and say I'm wrong is a mug. That basically in very simple terms sums up the very ethic of the people of Wearside. They can debate it for ever, but they know deep down in their hearts its true.

At the same time when we see mackems, yes we get smug. For me geordies are often cocky arseholes, but when you're hated by your neighbours who's main tourist attraction is a fuckin dog track, then it's difficult not to be smug. There is an ingrained bigotry against Newcastle in Sunderland, men, women, kids, the works. For them a victory against Newcastle or Tyneside, is like freedom fighters triumphing over state sponsored evil. That's how they see it, even if they won't admit it, and everyone knows the truth.

3-0 aye. Great. We still wake up without bitterness, we can say well done mackems, we still wake up without a SR postcode, and we can still wake up in the best provincial city in the country, whereas they wake up, bitter, classless urchins, in a city without a cathedral, a city which is arguably inferior to those architectural delights of Bradford, Luton and Portsmouth. Every dog has it's day, that was theirs. I'm 35 years of age and haven't missed a derby in 25 years, I've only seen us lose to them 5 times, derbies got to the stage recently for me, where they were so easy, they lost their sharpness, we just thought we'd turn up and win and all the evidence suggested we would as per normal. Regular service will be resumed next season.

the mackem response to this should be interesting :lol:

Honestly? It's akin to Everton - Liverpool. Liverpool have a confidence/arrogance about those fixtures and Everton appear to be the opposite. Liverpool come to every Merseyside derby expecting to win and often that is enough to get them past Everton.

I believe it's the same with the Tyne Wear derbies. We win (or get a result) more often than not because of an inherent belief that we will win this fixture.

A similar (if opposite) effect is seen with so-called bogey grounds

i was telling all 13 of the the stag party i was out with on sunday "we will not lose". that came back to bite me on the arse in a big way :lol:

it's not geordie arrogance though. it's the natural confidence that comes with generally doing better than your rival in the local derby.

when you look at where most of us see our place in the scheme of things, i woudln't say we were arrogant or deluded. i can't remember anyone on here predicting another 5th place finish. most were expecting 8th-12th.

I'm 35 years of age and haven't missed a derby in 25 years, I've only seen us lose to them 5 times

You're being kind limiting that to the 25 years which you're seen yourself, because they only one one in the 10 years prior.

A Mackem my age (born '79) has only lived through 6 derby wins. That's not a defensive point anyone makes to deflect attention from our spineless performance, just a fact that explains their utter fixation on being able to match us.