BT Broadband

same here, watched the Liverpool match yesterday and was perfectly happy with the coverage, couple of people seemed to be lacking practice but they'll get better, hopefully Halsey will start calling some decisions wrong.

Too many ex Liverpool players on but otherwise î was very happy with it. I mainly got it for the foreign football so the domestic games are a bonus. I enjoyed the UFC too.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's free online if you've got BB/Infinity, to watch it through the tv you need BTVision/BTTV and one of their boxes which is an extra £7 a month, not that it's a lot i just wouldn't use it tbh if the online app stabilises after it's initial rollout

I don't think that's the case, you can get it for free through Sky if you have BB broadband afaik.

BT Sport has its own Bundesliga highlights show - 6 o'clock on a Monday. Pretty much the same level of football coverage as ITV but it starts at a more convenient time.

• 2 months later...

So...am off to visit the parents at the weekend....they've got BT broadband but only have a freeview tv. I take it if I can get their bt email address, password and account number I'll be able to plumb in BT sport on to my laptop?.... :whistling:

bt wont be given it free they will get you buy the subscriptions instead to make up for it. its like contract phones they may give you the phone free but they will get the money back from it from the contract itself.

Wonder what that's about? I really rate Virgin and want to stick with cable, if possible. But in Tynemouth its coverage is seemingly random. I want to move this year and stay in Tynemouth, but will probably lose the benefit of cable as a result. Can't understand why they won't build cable into new builds either.

• 2 years later...

I had standard broadband with Talk Talk and their customer service is horrendous. Though £5 a month is decent but you may be able to get a good deal elsewhere through quidco. Yeah they'll have to do and installation in your house but it doesn't take long.

they have to amend things at the cabinet/green box at your street definitely (not the exchange) our fibre is FTTC not FTTP and possibly change the master socket plate in your hall if you haven't had fibre before, drop off a new modem/router as well to handle the faster speeds pending what you have currently.

but unlike Broadband because it's to the cabinet and not the exchange you'll get a minimum of 16mbs download no matter how shit your line quality was or how far from the exhange you are.

i went from a barely stable 6mb line to getting the full 80mbs download 20mb upload

but aye talktalk are supposed to be pretty piss poor for everything especially service

Cheers Ant. I thought I might need it with this Kodi thing (and a household with 5 people connected to the wifi), however so far everything's running smoothly.

That and the fact I don't seem to be paying any line rental with Sky???

That doesn't seem right unless you got some sort of deal where they're just paying it for you, or it's been bundled into the cost.

You have to have the line no matter who you're with

mine is £70 a month with line rental and the Calls and BTTV shite i never use

We used to have sky then got shot but pay £10 a month to keep the box to record etc. Plus £5 to cover broadband / line. We then have to pay for certain calls we make usually around £10 a month.

So all in between £15 a month plus calls.

So switching to fibres gonna be £24 a month plus calls.

Didn't see those other posts re customer service.

My only question is why are you contacting them????

I've never had to contact Sky other than to cancel.

If the product works well, why is customer service an issue?

Maybe we just wanted a chat? Maybe Gemmill wanted to hear a human voice? Maybe he was hoping a sexy husky voiced female would answer?

That or their product was shit and their customer service was worthy of the shit product?

What option do YOU think it was, CT? :lol:

Maybe we just wanted a chat? Maybe Gemmill wanted to hear a human voice? Maybe he was hoping a sexy husky voiced female would answer?

That or their product was shit and their customer service was worthy of the shit product?

What option do YOU think it was, CT? :lol:

I'm going with Gemmill option :lol:

• 2 months later...

I am at war with BT Openreach at the minute. They are a fucking disgrace, unanswerable to anyone, and my provider has been unable to sort my Internet out because every time they try to get Openreach to do the work required at the exchange, they just get told to ring back in 48 hours. Rinse and repeat 48 hours later.

I was supposed to have everything on on 25th Jan. I still don't have broadband, having finally got a landline last week (which I don't use and only need for broadband).