Rio Ave v Newcastle

Christmas Tree

You replying to me ?

Carry on being blind to whats going on and less of the insults please.

No need

Mods, name change to 'sister snagger' please? (him not me, btw).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley is destroying us on purpose, anyone from a town named after Hymen can't be trusted.

He's thought fuck us all after the verbal abuse in the early days where he wasn't welcome in the stands.

It's now the only reasonable explanation. Ashley is no idiot , I genuinely don't believe he can be this inept after his killer instinct success against all his rivals in business.

The lickle fucker was out in Town the night!

If he's not travelled with the squad, what's the beef chief?

why would he damage his own asset on purpose? leaving it harder to ever sell on at a profit

Because it's a plaything to him, in the grand scheme of things we've seen him dick around with his money before so it wouldn't surprise me if he was causing trouble for the sake of it just for his own amusement.

why would he damage his own asset on purpose? leaving it harder to ever sell on at a profit

Exactly. As much as we might loathe him, his interest in the club is it's worth to him. He isn't going to purposely devalue it.

Naivety, it's no different than a rich guy lighting a cigar with a burning £50 note, when you consider how much the bloke has overall.

Naivety, it's no different than a rich guy lighting a cigar with a burning £50 note, when you consider how much the bloke has overall.

He's into us for £200 odd million, it's hardly play money.

I cannot work the bloke out to be honest. He's done some very good things for us like wiping out the debt and get us financially stable on our own feet. But then some of the things make you wonder if he's actually sane.

Cos its one of the smallest assets he has and hes a known "Hardman" with anyone who crosses him , which In his mind definitely includes us.

NUFC is a plaything for him, not his core business at all. Its the same as me lighting a fiver when I've got a 100,000 in my hand imo.

Time will tell, but the fellas not stupid , that's for sure - but a lot of people who only know about his NUFC time might think he is.

E.G.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-wants-blood-after-last-seasons-trauma--and-it-wont-stop-with-managing-director-derek-llambias-8665918.html

Wont forgive the people who "Made" him spend 40 million. What fucking 40 mil? It's all just a game, he thinks we are thick twats and given the fact that so many still buy shirts etc , or even defend him still - or hold hope that we're going to re-invest sales money (like every sale its , well he said we'll spend if he sells - he NEVER FOOKIN DOES!) he may have a point

Continue to be in denial when all evidence says otherwise if you want, its your right to think what you want.

Shutting us down wouldn't be an easy thing to do would it? Football clubs are a bit different to a regular LTD aren't they?

This is the UK's 5th Richest Man - hes hit success everywhere he has been - do you seriously believe deep down that these are "mistakes" ?

pfft spend.. that's my only real argument.

And yes they are VERY different to ordinary LTD companies. It is ILLEGAL for a MD to run a company deliberately at a loss if its insolvent, yet we've never seen one wound up by anyone other than HMRC for not paying taxes. Chelsea are insolvent by the letter of the law aren't they? They owe 800 mil to Roman and still purchase players. I could be wrong, but I doubt I'd get away with that in the real business world.

We wont agree, I'm not saying you're an arse or anything like that , as I can see your point of view, I just don't believe it. Ashley is a brilliant businessman but imo most MD's have some kind of personality defect and his is he likes to destroy anyone who crosses him. You can't become a millionaire without knowing how to turn people over.

If he wound up NUFC , it would be defeat wouldn't it?

But if he runs it as he is now, not costing him any money but guaranteed to really upset the people who crossed him, I reckon that's a win. Ive worked in boardrooms for far too long , so I accept that I'm jaded - but ego would be damaged by winding up or selling (as hed be out of the club , like his enemy wants). Far better to have a plaything to gamble with at our expense.

He's into us for £200 odd million, it's hardly play money.

Well, I beg to differ - to Mike Ashley £200m IS play money and while he's got his claws in to NUFC that's all we'll ever be. There's no way on this planet anyone could be as dim as to make the decisions he's made around running our club without there being a vindictive, malicious motive behind it - just too many coincidences.

... and now of course there's Mick Harford as the latest of his self-entertaining stunts.

No point in getting het up about it, Ashley is wallowing in the misery and upset he's causing the people of Newcastle. Better to just ignore it all and turn your back until he gets bored and fucks off because there's no way anything anyone does will get rid of him any sooner.