Syria

Anorthernsoul

Terrible droughts in California at the moment too, it's going to kick off big style there soon.

I guess I should lock my doors. Aussie cunts bought to radicalise. Too late for me though, I'm rad as fuck.

Terrible droughts in California at the moment too, it's going to kick off big style there soon.

The US doesn't really count as a volatile country, or where extremists are feeding off poverty to radicalise to any extent.

Think it's Somalia they're really worried about. 6m along the coast who are going to be uprooted by rising seas and walk into any rag tag force that will give them enough to live on.

It'd be a better use for the money we're about to waste blowing them up.

And as for the first point, I'm just curious really as to why all Muslims aren't blowing themselves up. I wonder why this particular group were more susceptible to radicalisation... if it was simply the persuasive power of Islam, surely everyone would be doing it. Clearly there are other factors at play, and therefore, there are other factors that can be addressed.

Because there are many different brands of Islam and different levels of buy in from its adherents. You have no idea though how many followers are susceptible to radicalisation though, it may be much hiigher than you think.

Now, how are we going to implement your plan of educating these people from failed states, when I've already pointed out that professional people from this country are willing, and have, died for the cause? Perhaps if we can ask ISIS nicely if we can replace some of their madrassas with secular grammar schools?

The US doesn't really count as a volatile country, or where extremists are feeding off poverty to radicalise to any extent.

Think it's Somalia they're really worried about. 6m along the coast who are going to be uprooted by rising seas and walk into any rag tag force that will give them enough to live on.

:lol: And again.

Nicos...Wha...What? What is this?

Because there are many different brands of Islam and different levels of buy in from its adherents. You have no idea though how many followers are susceptible to radicalisation though, it may be much hiigher than you think.

Now, how are we going to implement your plan of educating these people from failed states, when I've already pointed out that professional people from this country are willing, and have, died for the cause? Perhaps if we can ask ISIS nicely if we can replace some of their madrassas with secular grammar schools?

Well, we could leave relatively stable if rather brutal regimes in place to run each country, thus ensuring that groups like ISIS have no ability to get started and each country's economy isn't blown up when the bombs dro-- oh no shit, we're systematically purging all of those. Funny how that keeps coming back to bite us...

But seriously, it'd be a lot of fucking hard work to restore anything from here. We have no credibility, no trust on a local level, and no genuine regard for the wellbeing of any of the civilians living in these countries - something they're clearly aware of. From the position we currently occupy, there is no easy answer. In principle though, had we not continued to try to 'solve' this with explosives, that would be the answer. What's your solution exactly? How do we win this by force? I don't think we can, so we either have perpetual war, or we actually try to engage the real issues.

As for those over here who radicalise, we in the West have our fair share of non-Muslim psychos as well - the US for instance has a huge number of them. Sure they don't have a cause to unite behind, but they exist, and they exist because they're disillusioned with life. I will say however, that the Muslim community in Britain has a general stance, in my opinion, of being more isolationist than many other ethnic groups - this means they're more often on the fringes of society, and are more likely to feel separate and I suppose, more likely to have their disaffected young take up with crazies like ISIS. But with that said, I don't know if I think they're in that isolationist position because of their religion... it could be more about the way that the world now views Muslims in the fallout of terrorism.

It was Bangladesh I meant specifically.

Country most at risk from climate change...

http://www.climatechangenews.com/2013/10/30/bangladesh-rated-worlds-most-vulnerable-country-to-climate-change/

And on the brink as it stands...

http://thediplomat.com/2015/09/bangladesh-on-the-brink-between-terrorism-and-democracy/

8th most populous country on the planet, 10th most densely populated.

Could make Syria look like fun times.

Obviously, still denying climate change means you have to respond with your science denial hat on :D , but with Bernie Sanders making the same point in debates recently, it's being pushed at all the highest levels and will dictate global policies whether we believe it or not.

You've gone and fucked this up now. You've got my fighting on two fronts!!

As long as we don't invade Russia we'll be alright. ;)

Nah, bezzy mates with Putin & Assad. It'll be like the old times again. Old arguments forgotten, join forces with the ruskies to crush the insurgent common foe, Dame Vera Lynn on the radio... We'll meet again etc.

Well, we could leave relatively stable if rather brutal regimes in place to run each country, thus ensuring that groups like ISIS have no ability to get started and each country's economy isn't blown up when the bombs dro-- oh no shit, we're systematically purging all of those. Funny how that keeps coming back to bite us...

But seriously, it'd be a lot of fucking hard work to restore anything from here. We have no credibility, no trust on a local level, and no genuine regard for the wellbeing of any of the civilians living in these countries - something they're clearly aware of. From the position we currently occupy, there is no easy answer. In principle though, had we not continued to try to 'solve' this with explosives, that would be the answer. What's your solution exactly? How do we win this by force? I don't think we can, so we either have perpetual war, or we actually try to engage the real issues.

As for those over here who radicalise, we in the West have our fair share of non-Muslim psychos as well - the US for instance has a huge number of them. Sure they don't have a cause to unite behind, but they exist, and they exist because they're disillusioned with life. I will say however, that the Muslim community in Britain has a general stance, in my opinion, of being more isolationist than many other ethnic groups - this means they're more often on the fringes of society, and are more likely to feel separate and I suppose, more likely to have their disaffected young take up with crazies like ISIS. But with that said, I don't know if I think they're in that isolationist position because of their religion... it could be more about the way that the world now views Muslims in the fallout of terrorism.

I agree with most of what you say, except I personally think there are deep and specific issues with Islam and how it conflicts with western ideals and culture. But anyway, all this is well documented and it genuinely seems most people are uncomfortable talking about this so I'll leave it there.

Regarding your first point, I was absolutely opposed to Iraq 2 because I never believed its premise, I didn't think we had an exit strategy, and I was concerned with what would fill the resultant vacuum. None of this is hindsight, it was all entirely predictable. But it's done now, we've managed to release a form of Islam even more vile than AQ. It'd be funny if it weren't so tragic.

Do I have any solutions? Not really. Probably best to develop alternatives to oil and withdraw ourselves from the entire situation. This will take decades though, and there's lots of uncertainties where we might end up in the meantime. Immediate threats for the UK may be withdrawal from the EU. Schengen may finish and the rise of the right in Europe is inevitable. But regarding the latter, people who are moderately or left wing inclined are doing us absolutely no favours by denying obvious problems with integration.

ISIS being caused by global warming is a new one on me like. Take a step back and think about this claim and then consider its not a spoof. Some people really believe this apparently. :D

Obviously, still denying climate change means you have to respond with your science denial hat on :D , but with Bernie Sanders making the same point in debates recently, it's being pushed at all the highest levels and will dictate global policies whether we believe it or not.

At the highest levels of Psy ops (Cia/Tavistock house/ etc) they found out in the 60's that the biggest weapon against us was 'magical thinking'. The more ridiculous the assertion apparently the less we are able to counter it in our minds.

Nah, bezzy mates with Putin & Assad. It'll be like the old times again. Old arguments forgotten, join forces with the ruskies to crush the insurgent common foe, Dame Vera Lynn on the radio... We'll meet again etc.