Syria

Anorthernsoul

If insulting their religion is so scary people don't do it; that's power, surely?

What? :lol:

So far on this board we've had the Paris attacks blamed on Cameron, Obama, Israel, global warming, and now the completely tenuous and nebulous concept of "power". Is it really so hard for people to see what the obvious cause is?

What? :lol:

So far on this board we've had the Paris attacks blamed on Cameron, Obama, Israel, global warming, and now the completely tenuous and nebulous concept of "power". Is it really so hard for people to see what the obvious cause is?

Took some effort to ignore/misinterpret the context there Renton, kudos.

Boko Haram is a sunni islamic fundamentalist sect and is influenced by the nutcase wahhabis.

their name, Boko Haram, is literally translated as "western education is forbidden". They've carried out mass abductions, kidnapped and enslaved close to 300 Nigerian school girls, killed 20,000 people and displaced over 2m from their homes in northern Nigeria.

All because of the western invasion of Iraq of course :lol:

You do realise Boko Haram was the name it was given by others right?

Here's a piece on the crusades, http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/history/middle_ages/the_crusades/revision/4/ , I've linked to a kids revision site so you might be able to understand it.

Sorry, you're going to have to explain yourself a bit better. I have literally no idea what you're getting at.

NJS couldn't see a link between the Hebdo attack and "power". I simply suggested that if the attack was an attempt to scare people enough to stop drawing cartoons of the Islamic faith, those killers have tried to exert "power".

Here's a piece on the crusades, http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/history/middle_ages/the_crusades/revision/4/ , I've linked to a kids revision site so you might be able to understand it.

More condescension there I see. You do realise that achieving a degree in history as a mature student doesn't make you Simon Schama?

NJS couldn't see a link between the Hebdo attack and "power". I simply suggested that if the attack was an attempt to scare people enough to stop drawing cartoons of the Islamic faith, those killers have tried to exert "power".

The killers would only have been thinking in terms of punishment rather than deterrent but I'd propose that the original purpose of the concept of blasphemy is control and power. However that's the entire point of religion in the first place so it's a bit circular.

The killers would only have been thinking in terms of punishment rather than deterrent but I'd propose that the original purpose of the concept of blasphemy is control and power. However that's the entire point of religion in the first place so it's a bit circular.

:aye:

(See Renton, that's how it's done.)

Can i be a cocknocker too? As that link undermines your point about sources of aggression in the middle east.

Even taking into consideration last weeks "diplomatic incident" with aimaad, since the events of the Friday before last this debate had been conducted fairly reasonably. KCG comes on and starts windmilling Gloom and Renton, jabbing away with condescension then finishing them off with a cracking uppercut; "cocknockers" :lol:

Even taking into consideration last weeks "diplomatic incident" with aimaad, since the events of the Friday before last this debate had been conducted fairly reasonably. KCG comes on and starts windmilling Gloom and Renton, jabbing away with condescension then finishing them off with a cracking uppercut; "cocknockers" :lol:

Windmilling his midget cock with his y-fronts round his knees more like.