Syria

Anorthernsoul

Radical Islam isn't to blame for suicide bombing?

Apparently not. This is a political war that has absolutely nothing to do with religion, and its all our fault.....

Honestly think this board is insane at times.

9/11 is the perfect example. If you're looking at a chicken and egg situation. Radicalised Islamists decided it was a good idea to kill themselves, and thousands of innocent people in the world trade centre, in the name of Allah before the US/UK "crusades" in Iraq and Adghanistan.

Those two wars were wrong and played into the terrorists' hands, turning more people to their cause, but let's not kid ourselves about what the root cause is behind people wanting to blow themselves up to murder others.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Of course it fucking is :lol:

Seriously either you don't understand the meaning of "root cause" or you are just being a moron.

The root cause for what is happening in the middle east is the american support for Israel.

Israel is a state which flaunts international law on a daily basis.

America suports Israel because Jewish votes can swing presidential elections.

Israel likes to blow up the palestinians and ghettoise them as well as expanding illegal settlements and blocking the recognition of the palestinian state.

America still supports Israel even though it flouts UN resolutions.

This radicalises young muslim men to attack america 9/11

America responds with the invasion of Afghanistan and iraq.

Many muslim people are lockerd up without trial and abused in prison.

The area is turned into an unstable hell hole.

America performs drone strikes, some of which miss and hit schools, hospitals, weddings etc.

Disaffected muslim youths are then ripe for radicalisation due to these acts.

You seriously miss the point when saying radical islam is the root cause. Radicalisation is always a reaction to something.

Seriously either you don't understand the meaning of "root cause" or you are just being a moron.

The root cause for what is happening in the middle east is the american support for Israel.

Israel is a state which flaunts international law on a daily basis.

America suports Israel because Jewish votes can swing presidential elections.

Israel likes to blow up the palestinians and ghettoise them as well as expanding illegal settlements and blocking the recognition of the palestinian state.

America still supports Israel even though it flouts UN resolutions.

This radicalises young muslim men to attack america 9/11

America responds with the invasion of Afghanistan and iraq.

Many muslim people are lockerd up without trial and abused in prison.

The area is turned into an unstable hell hole.

America performs drone strikes, some of which miss and hit schools, hospitals, weddings etc.

Disaffected muslim youths are then ripe for radicalisation due to these acts.

You seriously miss the point when saying radical islam is the root cause. Radicalisation is always a reaction to something.

i'm not even going to bother picking that apart, sorry :lol:

9/11 is the perfect example. If you're looking at a chicken and egg situation. Radicalised Islamists decided it was a good idea to kill themselves, and thousands of innocent people in the world trade centre, in the name of Allah before the US/UK "crusades" in Iraq and Adghanistan.

The list of stated motives behind 9/11 were long

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motives_for_the_September_11_attacks

Hardly the chicken or the egg.

If people are arguing that there is a single identifiable root cause for all Muslim extremism and hoping that extinguishing that will lead to world peace then they're on a hiding to nothing. A simple test is to ask, if the thing you're blaming entirely was eradicated but everything else was equal, would there still be an issue?

If people are arguing that there is a single identifiable root cause for all Muslim extremism and hoping that extinguishing that will lead to world peace then they're on a hiding to nothing. A simple test is to ask, if the thing you're blaming entirely was eradicated but everything else was equal, would there still be an issue?

The root cause of Muslim extremism is the religion itself. If it was eradicated entirely then yes, the problen would be solved. There'd still be other issues no doubt but without the presence of suicidal jihadists on a promise of eternal virgin fucking I suggest the French could sleep a bit easier.

It's frightening to think some people on this forum are saying the atrocities committed in Paris are ultimately the blame of Israel. It's not the Muslims, it's the Jews that are to blame. Fucking hell.

I think we're discussing all of the factors - the argument is over the proportions different people attribute them to the whole.

I'm as anti religion as you but I don't think it's as simple as just saying "Islam" without qualification.

I think we're discussing all of the factors - the argument is over the proportions different people attribute them to the whole.

I'm as anti religion as you but I don't think it's as simple as just saying "Islam" without qualification.

KCG was pretty clear where he put the blame. I found it a simply incredible and depressing interpretation of the problem. And after each new atrocity, his view won't change, it'll be the West's fault for supporting Israel.

The root cause of Muslim extremism is the religion itself. If it was eradicated entirely then yes, the problen would be solved. There'd still be other issues no doubt but without the presence of suicidal jihadists on a promise of eternal virgin fucking I suggest the French could sleep a bit easier.

The people of the middle east would still be fighting an asymmetric war against the people who carved up and divvied out their land after the war, irrespective of their religion.

You take away all the wars and involvement in the middle east and still 11 people are executed in the offices of Charlie Hebdo. So yes.

I see everyone in the Paris thread tried to ignore this.

You take away all the wars and involvement in the middle east and still 11 people are executed in the offices of Charlie Hebdo. So yes.

I see everyone in the Paris thread tried to ignore this.

I think I discussed it with HF before he dismissed it as an inconvenient truth.

It's frightening to think some people on this forum are saying the atrocities committed in Paris are ultimately the blame of Israel. It's not the Muslims, it's the Jews that are to blame. Fucking hell.

I'm alright for people to say that and for that to be the reason. Lets just be very clear about it, the motivations and the beliefs that an action on one side is being used to justify the response on the other. I'm ok for people to say what motivates them as then we can analyse them.

The propaganda that RT and other media have been churning out for the last decade against the west (prediction: no youtube videos of contrary RT reports will be found post November 2015 for a long time) is that the terrorists are just militarily fighting their corner and ignoring the fact that the terrorists claim to want to destroy Israel and the west and have been doing so loudly for decades.