Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

Not confident about this. they've electric pase, so I'd expect them to try and hit us on the counter, Benteke up front to bother both our centre halves. I think we'll sit deep to stop this, which will kill our attacking threat.

1-1

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Gwon son, get him told!!

Tell me you don't hold it against the boring beige cunts as well and I'll show you a liar. ;)

Besides, little rivalries like that are what makes football so great. I remember when we played Stoke in the FA cup 3rd round just after Fat Sam had been sacked. They were still in the championship and it was the first time we'd played them since maybe the 80s, when there'd been some bother with our fans at their industrial shithole of a ground. Something silly that happened a while ago, yet it fired our fans up, much the same way the home tie with Leeds has this year, and we ended up really looking forward to it and trouncing them 4-1 (didn't hurt that KK was re-appointed that day either.)

So yeah, could we let it go? Definitely. Am I going to? Not a chance. Football's about heroes and villains (no pun intended) and the way those wankers carried on definitely qualifies them for the latter category.

Tell me you don't hold it against the boring beige cunts as well and I'll show you a liar. ;)

Besides, little rivalries like that are what makes football so great. I remember when we played Stoke in the FA cup 3rd round just after Fat Sam had been sacked. They were still in the championship and it was the first time we'd played them since maybe the 80s, when there'd been some bother with our fans at their industrial shithole of a ground. Something silly that happened a while ago, yet it fired our fans up, much the same way the home tie with Leeds has this year, and we ended up really looking forward to it and trouncing them 4-1 (didn't hurt that KK was re-appointed that day either.)

So yeah, could we let it go? Definitely. Am I going to? Not a chance. Football's about heroes and villains (no pun intended) and the way those wankers carried on definitely qualifies them for the latter category.

:lol:

Well put.

Yow sime a loikable enough of a blowk for a Villain, oi wownt howld that ant &Dec banner against Yow personaloi. :good:

I find it funny that Geordies take the piss out of the Brum accent!! lol just as funny as Brummies taking the piss out of Geordies for their accents!!

Those who live in glass houses and all that!!

:nufc: :nufc: :nufc:

I find it funny that Geordies take the piss out of the Brum accent!! lol just as funny as Brummies taking the piss out of Geordies for their accents!!

Those who live in glass houses and all that!!

I'm not a Geordie, mate, I'm a 14 year old from Singapore but I been supporting the lads long time. :D

I doubt Lambert would allow that Mate, we got back to winning ways against Rotherham, but then that was Rotherham.

The problem with Villa is our home form just as last season, we seem so much better away from home and i think that is down to expectations affecting the players

Do you not think a lot of it as well is how Lambert has the team setup? From what I've seen Villa are a very good counter attacking team, which means away from home the style is suited more and it makes it harder when playing teams at home.

Do you not think a lot of it as well is how Lambert has the team setup? From what I've seen Villa are a very good counter attacking team, which means away from home the style is suited more and it makes it harder when playing teams at home.

this is part of it and at Home the Lads seem to be a little more hesitant! but its is coming together nicely at the moment

this is part of it and at Home the Lads seem to be a little more hesitant! but its is coming together nicely at the moment

Nowt to do with Lambert or counter attacking.

At home, whenever the home crowd shouts,

" Gow un lads, lit's ave a gowl!", the players visibly shudder at the awful accent, just momentarily , but it's enough to lose momentum.

Nowt to do with Lambert or counter attacking.

At home, whenever the home crowd shouts,

" Gow un lads, lit's ave a gowl!", the players visibly shudder at the awful accent, just momentarily , but it's enough to lose momentum.

dear oh dear! look the Brummie accent is not the best but its all we have, it could be worse, we could sound like the scousers!

Lambert is a good manager, a draw will be a decent point on the road.

i agree on Lambert, he took a big gamble last season relying solely on the youth but it paid off and we finished the season 10th in the form table, i think he has been given the go ahead to try and instill the german model of developing a Club from the ground up!

people forget he won the CL when playing at Dortmund!

i agree on Lambert, he took a big gamble last season relying solely on the youth but it paid off and we finished the season 10th in the form table, i think he has been given the go ahead to try and instill the german model of developing a Club from the ground up!

people forget he won the CL when playing at Dortmund!

Wanting to play youth is all well and good, but there's no excuse for getting rid of Collins - that was short sighted!

Edited by Phil