Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

Wanting to play youth is all well and good, but there's no excuse for getting rid of Collins - that was short sighted!

Collins problem is he is very prone to mistakes and his distribution is very poor! having said that he was supreme in the air and would put his body on the line for the team, i liked the Player quite a bit!

He was also a bit of an unsettling element within the squad after he and Dunne got drunk and nearly assaulted Gordon Cowans (a villa legend) over Alex McLeish's tactics/style of play etc!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins problem is he is very prone to mistakes and his distribution is very poor! having said that he was supreme in the air and would put his body on the line for the team, i liked the Player quite a bit!

He was also a bit of an unsettling element within the squad after he and Dunne got drunk and nearly assaulted Gordon Cowans (a villa legend) over Alex McLeish's tactics/style of play etc!

:lol: He'd get a raise here.

Lambert is a good manager, a draw will be a decent point on the road.

I agree with this btw. First half last season, we were tremendous with Sissoko driving us on but second half, we had to weather one of the best attacking storms we'd seen all season. When on form, Lambert's Villa can do some serious damage. I'm hoping we see the back line of Debuchy - Yanga-Mbwia - Colo - Santon begin to grow here as I think it's the line-up we should have for the rest of the season.

So Tiotes back and Taylor's back. Neither deserve to start IMO. Wonder how brave Pardew will be or whether it will the same old favourites in.

We're away from home so I think well be playing 3 central midfielders.

So Tiotes back and Taylor's back. Neither deserve to start IMO. Wonder how brave Pardew will be or whether it will the same old favourites in.

I'm a little concerned Taylor will walk straight back in the team, less so the return of Tiote. While Anita has been good, I think against a rapid Villa side, we may need to have more aggression in the center

We're away from home so I think well be playing 3 central midfielders.

I reckon we will; Anita will make way for Tiote and we'll play MS, CT and YC with Remy and HBA out wide, Cisse up front on his todd.

Personally? I'd want to see the following

Krul

Debuchy Colo Mbiwa Santon

Anita

Cabaye Sissoko

HBA --------------------Gouffran

Remy

As I think Anita deserves his place, Gouffran deserves his chance and Cisse's form deserves the bench.

Edited by The Fish

I'm a little concerned Taylor will walk straight back in the team, less so the return of Tiote. While Anita has been good, I think against a rapid Villa side, we may need to have more aggression in the center

I reckon we will; Anita will make way for Tiote and we'll play MS, CT and YC with Remy and HBA out wide, Cisse up front on his todd.

Personally? I'd want to see the following

Krul

Debuchy Colo Mbiwa Santon

Anita

Cabaye Sissoko

HBA --------------------Gouffran

Remy

As I think Anita deserves his place, Gouffran deserves his chance and Cisse's form deserves the bench.

Would be there or there abouts what i would choose.

We all know Pardew will start Shola, Tiote, Taylor and Goaltierrez though

Reasonable tackle by Debuchy against a faster man in Agbonlahor. Reasonable start by us so far though I'd like to see Santon and Debuchy get more involved in playing the ball out from the back.

Wonderful isn't it. Especially having a threat down each wing.

Most certainly is. Very much enjoying this so far. Even though we've not done anything particularly impressive there's a confidence about the team that's been missing for some time.