Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Scottish Mag

Souness looked like a broken man in yesterday's interviews. He seemed a lot fitter and healthier back in August and the situation is clearly getting to him. I don't think he's staying because he wants to be paid off - surely he's made more than enough money in his career. It seems to be a question of pride and in a way I think that's admirable - and even though all he comes out with in his interviews is shit and excuses, I feel sorry listening to him and watching him. Having said that, it's so obvious that the best thing for all parties would be for him to resign now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is though, injuries are taking their toll.  And we were the better side in the second half.  Excuses or just telling it like it is?

79295[/snapback]

That happening for a year and a half?? No chance.

79300[/snapback]

Eh? No, the injuries are taking their toll now and we were the better side yesterday. FACT.

79301[/snapback]

Look mate, im not denying injuries havent had an effect on our performances since graeme came. They definitely have, but to hold them responsible for a year and a half of complete mediocrity is rubbish. Everytime we lose, souness starts whinging about the long injury list. Ive seen quite a few gutless spiritless performances under graeme. We've stooped to new lows under him.

And we im not just complaining about yesterday when he said we were the best team. Ok, maybe we were the best team yesterday. But to be honest, ive watched almost all the games we've played under graeme on TV, we've deserved most of the failure thats come our way. Ive been near to tears, head hanging down in shame, with some of the performances we've put in under him. The club's lost a lot of dignity and self-pride, we've become something of a joke. And that just isn't OK with me.

Lets all face it, Souness is a complete nitwit and has caused huge damage to our beloved club which is why I hate the man, and I will hate him forever. May, as in the words of souness, 'lady luck shine upon us' and we be rid of this parasite.

Souness looked like a broken man in yesterday's interviews. He seemed a lot fitter and healthier back in August and the situation is clearly getting to him. I don't think he's staying because he wants to be paid off - surely he's made more than enough money in his career. It seems to be a question of pride and in a way I think that's admirable - and even though all he comes out with in his interviews is shit and excuses, I feel sorry listening to him and watching him. Having said that, it's so obvious that the best thing for all parties would be for him to resign now.

79479[/snapback]

You should read the bible. Especially the one about the 7 deadly sins.

Thing is though, injuries are taking their toll.  And we were the better side in the second half.  Excuses or just telling it like it is?

79295[/snapback]

79300[/snapback]

Eh? No, the injuries are taking their toll now and we were the better side yesterday. FACT.

79301[/snapback]

Look mate, im not denying injuries havent had an effect on our performances since graeme came. They definitely have, but to hold them responsible for a year and a half of complete mediocrity is rubbish. Everytime we lose, souness starts whinging about the long injury list. Ive seen quite a few gutless spiritless performances under graeme. We've stooped to new lows under him.

And we im not just complaining about yesterday when he said we were the best team. Ok, maybe we were the best team yesterday. But to be honest, ive watched almost all the games we've played under graeme on TV, we've deserved most of the failure thats come our way. Ive been near to tears, head hanging down in shame, with some of the performances we've put in under him. The club's lost a lot of dignity and self-pride, we've become something of a joke. And that just isn't OK with me.

Lets all face it, Souness is a complete nitwit and has caused huge damage to our beloved club which is why I hate the man, and I will hate him forever. May, as in the words of souness, 'lady luck shine upon us' and we be rid of this parasite.

79549[/snapback]

Good post, that. Don't know what it's going to take for Gemmill to admit he's wrong by still supporting Souness.

Anyway, we'll probably all have a different opinion on what the strongest XI might be, but I reckon there were games earlier in the season when he had what looked pretty close to his strongest XI. Certainly only maybe 2 players missing and we were still shite.

Bearing in mind only 11 players can actually take part, how many changes could be made to this team, for example:

Given

Ramage

Taylor

Bramble

Babayaro

Solano

Parker

Emre

N'Zogbia

Shearer

Owen

This was the opinon from the supporters at .com:

Truth was, we didn't really look like scoring and our dynamic engine room full of door openers struggled to a get a grip on the handle - their task not being helped by the frequent aerial bombardment that passed over their heads and made Owen virtually redundant.

79479[/snapback]

You should read the bible. Especially the one about the 7 deadly sins.

79551[/snapback]

Sorry, I didn't get that. I'm not a Souness supporter either BTW.

79295[/snapback]

79300[/snapback]

79301[/snapback]

79549[/snapback]

Good post, that. Don't know what it's going to take for Gemmill to admit he's wrong by still supporting Souness.

Am I still supporting him? Or are you talking shit again? Oh and why do I get a mention in nearly every post you make?

Am I still supporting him?  Or are you talking shit again?  Oh and why do I get a mention in nearly every post you make?

79568[/snapback]

Yes

No

You don't. Just some, because you've started aiming abuse toward me again, otherwise I wouldn't mention you at all.

Am I still supporting him?  Or are you talking shit again?  Oh and why do I get a mention in nearly every post you make?

79568[/snapback]

Yes

No

You don't. Just some, because you've started aiming abuse toward me again, otherwise I wouldn't mention you at all.

79580[/snapback]

Wrong.

Which makes you wrong on the second count too.

The "abuse" was in response to your constantly referencing me in your posts and anyone that I'm having a discussion with "not to expect a decent answer" etc. I think you're obsessed.

And anyway, how does it go again.....it's banter. Do I need to put a smiley after it for you to realise? I thought we were all adults here but clearly we're not....etc. etc.

79479[/snapback]

Agree 100% Good post.

79295[/snapback]

79300[/snapback]

79301[/snapback]

79549[/snapback]

Agree with most of that, and Souness is one of the few toon related people i genuinely hate for what he's done to our club. People like Dalglish and Gullit did bad jobs but he's in another league. And lets not forget when Gullit realised he'd gone wrong he had the decency to not take a penny in pay offs for messing up the job, bet Graeme won't show the same attitude.

His time at this club has been indefensible and more than any manager in our history the defence some people have offered him has been amazing at times, when the evidence was before their eyes in every single match, in his actions, behaviour and bullshit interviews.

Look at Mick McCarthy, the mackems have had every bit as many injuries as us, with an even smaller squad and yet he doesn't feel the need to whinge like a bairn about injuries and luck every fucking week. He stands by his results working with what he has (alright they're shite results, but he takes the blame!)

I've been a fan since the year we got promoted with Keegan as a player, and Souness is the worst thing i've had to put up with, because the only times i was watchign worse, less spirited, less entertaining football and results the manager didn't have anythign like Souness' situation to work with.

79479[/snapback]

Agree 100% Good post.

79589[/snapback]

There's always room for more money tbh.

79836[/snapback]

Depends what motivates you....

We all need money, and in varying amounts, but as a goal in itself it seems to be a bit like cocaine. It promises much but delivers very little.

79836[/snapback]

We all need money, and in varying amounts, but as a goal in itself it seems to be a bit like cocaine. It promises much but delivers very little.

79842[/snapback]

The fact he has loads of money doesn't mean he isn't staying for the money though.

79836[/snapback]

79842[/snapback]

The fact he has loads of money doesn't mean he isn't staying for the money though.

79844[/snapback]

No, it probably doesn't. I still think it's a question of pride rather than money though.

Edited by Bombadil

79836[/snapback]

79842[/snapback]

79844[/snapback]

No, it probably doesn't. I still think it's a question of pride rather than money though.

79858[/snapback]

Maybe.

79836[/snapback]

79842[/snapback]

79844[/snapback]

79858[/snapback]

Maybe.

79860[/snapback]

Money rather than pride imo. What pride can there be in destroying the club like this? If results don't pick up, he will have relegated the club after spending tens of millions of pounds!

Another thing I don't get is this opinion many share that "he's a nice bloke". Nothing he has ever done or said convinces me he is anything other than a lying, bullying, cowardly shitehawk. If he looks like a tosser, acts like a tosser, and lies like a tosser guess what - he IS a tosser!

I agree there like (without going over old ground - I grudgingly gave him time etc.) I've never liked the bloke (apart from when he was wrecking other clubs ;) ). Liked him as a player mind.

there all harder than darkies feet - fact

79881[/snapback]

I'm sorry, I shouldn't but... ;)

Wacky, are you me Grandad in disguise? ;)

79887[/snapback]

Aye, can you come around and put me wheelie bin out the night son, your Gran will make you a pan of her best broth with that nice crusty bread, just how you like it.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

there all harder than darkies feet - fact

79881[/snapback]

I'm sorry, I shouldn't but... ;)

Wacky, are you me Grandad in disguise? ;)

79887[/snapback]

Aye, can you come around and put me wheelie bin out the night son, you Gran I'll make you a pan of her best broth with that nice crusty bread, just how you like it.

:(

79892[/snapback]

Are you mine aswell? :rolleyes:

Money rather than pride imo. What pride can there be in destroying the club like this? If results don't pick up, he will have relegated the club after spending tens of millions of pounds!

Another thing I don't get is this opinion many share that "he's a nice bloke". Nothing he has ever done or said convinces me he is anything other than a lying, bullying, cowardly shitehawk. If he looks like a tosser, acts like a tosser, and lies like a tosser guess what - he IS a tosser!

79876[/snapback]

If there's any justice in this world you will be writing his epitaph.