Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

bottom line is if we want to buy we're going to sell a few players.

If you're referring to established first 11'ers, then I don't quite see how one is dependent on the others. We will sell fringe players, for sure, but how much they'll bring in I don't know (Xisco for a start I hope).

As for your first point - maybe Cisse asked them to do it, and it's not like our players are misquoted often.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it cant be often a journalist is openly smacked down by a club for fabricating a transfer rumour

It isn't very often, because clubs normally ignore that sort of rubbish journalism. It's very strange for the club to come out and comment on it.

possibly a move to prevent it picking up steam with the fans and other journalists.

when theres no football going on things can get quickly blown out of proportion since there are no games for everyone to focus on

Fair enough, but they sound a bit panicked iyam over 1 story in 1 paper. And I should hope none of us are naiive enough to think a big offer won't come in for him this summer. We'll see, bottom line is if we want to buy we're going to sell a few players.

Do you gain any enjoyment from supporting us?

Do you gain any enjoyment from supporting us?

Ok, my glass is half empty. But is it not realistic to expect a bid for Cisse after what he's done in the last 3 months?

And what makes you think I dont enjoy supporting Newcastle?...370 miles from SJP and nearly 30 games attended probably says I've loved following the team this season wouldnt you agree?...

I doubt we'll sell him so soon. Plus, which of the 'bigger' clubs actually needs him? Arguably the only one is Spurs, and I doubt they could afford him frankly. Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal all don't need him. Chelsea also unlikely given Torres and Sturridge, but I wouldn't rule them out totally.

I reckon we'll have him for another season at least - and if we do sell him, it'll be for crazy money.

Ok, my glass is half empty. But is it not realistic to expect a bid for Cisse after what he's done in the last 3 months?

And what makes you think I dont enjoy supporting Newcastle?...370 miles from SJP and nearly 30 games attended probably says I've loved following the team this season wouldnt you agree?...

Then bloody well show it man. We've had an amazing season so be happy about it! :D

Then bloody well show it man. We've had an amazing season so be happy about it! :D

Am smiling on the inside...honest ;)

No point me posting the same happy/clappy stuff as other folk do, and theres two sides to everything in the game. And theres not a successful football team in history of the game thats been happy with finishing 5th. Am on board with Big Mike's program, I can see the way he wants to do it and after this season I can see that Pardew is the perfect man to implement what he wants. I couldnt see it working last season, and I've never been more happy to be proved wrong. But all I can think of now is what squad we're going to have for next season and you can bet your life thats what Pardew is obsessing about too. Oh and am dreaming of Spurs and Arsenal fucking it right up at the weekend too :D

If its been put to cisses lawyers now then you'd think this was more down to pap than the club

He must really hate being misquoted

Maybe the club can release a statement saying Lee Ryder talks utter nonsense as well.

No need mate, everybody already knows he talks and prints bollocks.

£10 m + Higuain

No way that's true, but if Cisse's head was turned and he wanted out, I'd take it. Higuain is actually 2 years younger than him too.

I was joking btw