Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

Just watched it a few more times :lol: lush

It's not just the audacity of it. Incredible power and pace with bend from distance. Unbelievable control.

This angle is my favourite to see it...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew got it spot on. Most players would have ran the ball to the corner (even if Cisse said he shot from there as he was so tired) to waste time and keep possession of the ball. Yet Cisse possesses the confidence to hit that, knowing the consequences if it didn't go in (gifting possession back to them and an angry manager).

Let's just hope Shola doesn't get ideas and start wellying it into the stands every time we bring him on to run the clock down.

as you can see here http://www.nufcthreatlevel.com/2012/05/showing-off-in-front-of-shola.html

shola has no need to do this, he is solely responsible for some of the best goals scored for this team

Am I imagining it or when he signed for us instead of 'them', did a bunch of Mackems on the SMB claim he was no fucking good anyway, totally unproven and liable to be utter shite?

Most prolific start to a Premiership career there's ever been! :lol:

Yeah someone mentioned it in the other thread a few days ago.

Some classic chayton behind-the-curve posting this week Craig, heard any jokes lately? ;)

:lol:

The infrequency of my visits these days means I cannot be arsed to trawl through pages of garbage. :D

Paper talk tbh. I doubt he'll move for anything other than silly money at this stage. He seems like a down to earth guy and is genuinely loving the adoration he's been getting here so he'll want to carry on with us for a second season at least. Not like he's too old for a big move either.

Paper talk tbh. I doubt he'll move for anything other than silly money at this stage. He seems like a down to earth guy and is genuinely loving the adoration he's been getting here so he'll want to carry on with us for a second season at least. Not like he's too old for a big move either.

Let's hope it's paper talk, but equally let's not kid ourselves that he's staying here if Real Madrid come knocking.

Let's hope it's paper talk, but equally let's not kid ourselves that he's staying here if Real Madrid come knocking.

Aye if Madrid turn up with a shitload of cash I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Dissapointed but not shocked.

Seen more quotes from Cisse about real Madrid and man utd. If our number 9 left in the summer for Man Utd, would he be hated by nufc fans?

Not seen recent enough ones eh?

Official statement from NUFC:

An erroneous story which has been circulated this evening by Steve Goodman, regarding Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse and Real Madrid, is taken from a recent interview Papiss conducted with L’Equipe.

In the article, Mr Goodman states that Papiss has issued a “come and get me” appeal to Real Madrid. This statement is utterly untrue.

In the interview with L’Equipe, Papiss responded to a question about Real Madrid to say that he has admired the club since he was young. This in no way constitutes a ‘come and get me’ plea.

Mr Goodman further claims that Papiss ‘insisted he hopes to join them [Real Madrid]‘. Papiss has never made such a statement and refutes the suggestion in the strongest possible terms.

The player is completely committed to Newcastle United and is not interested in anything other than ensuring he and the team finish the season as strongly as possible.

The matter is now in the hands of the player’s legal representatives.

What an utter bellend

it cant be often a journalist is openly smacked down by a club for fabricating a transfer rumour

Fair enough, but they sound a bit panicked iyam over 1 story in 1 paper. And I should hope none of us are naiive enough to think a big offer won't come in for him this summer. We'll see, bottom line is if we want to buy we're going to sell a few players.