Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

The irony. You know why I think you're a prick, CT. It's because most football fans like to wind up the opposition whereas you like to do it to your own. You first came on here when the club was in absolute turmoil and fans were going beserk over KK getting shafted and you were taking the piss and advocating giving Dennis Wise the manager's job etc. Fair enough, you've reined it in a bit after a few tantrums and the fucking off to N-O / coming back with your tail between your legs etc. But after a massive win last night all you came on here for was one of your trade-mark attention-seeking fishing expeditions. And you wonder why you're a standing joke / no one takes you seriously.

Edited by Alex

Who are we replacing Jonas with CT? Shane?....or are we buying somebody in January?...any suggestions?

Id replace him with Shane in a heartbeat. Other than that it depends who we are playing and how we are setting up. And lets not forget we have Cabaye, Ben Arfa and even Obertan to return.

Fucking hell man. We're missing half of the squad for one, but we did actually win last night? I'd struggle to continually pick on one player and say they had been poor this season when most have been hot and cold.

The irony. You know why I think you're a prick, CT. It's because most football fans like to wind up the opposition whereas you like to do it to your own. You first came on here when the club was in absolute turmoil and fans were going beserk over KK getting shafted and you were taking the piss and advocating giving Dennis Wise the manager's job etc. Fair enough, you've reined it in a bit after a few tantrums and the fucking off to N-O / coming back with your tail between your legs etc. But after a massive win last night all you came on here for was one of your trade-mark attention-seeking fishing expeditions. And you wonder why you're a standing joke / no one takes you seriously.

Calm down Alex, the old you doesnt suit you.

Your memory is selectively shit as well. When I first came on here it was full of anger than enough wasnt being done to protest against the sacking of keegan.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/21980-nusc-online-payments-now-available/page__view__findpost__p__559104

Now put Nasty Alex back in the closet.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Fair enough, I should have kept that to myself. Not because it isn't true but because I hate myself for giving you the satisfaction.

Check the link :)

Four months after Keegan had left and I think you'll find at that time I was the one who was advocating more against the board.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Id replace him with Shane in a heartbeat. Other than that it depends who we are playing and how we are setting up. And lets not forget we have Cabaye, Ben Arfa and even Obertan to return.

Cabaye= centre midfield

Ben Arfa= first team regular already

Obertan= cant get a start in front of Jonas, right footed.

Ferguson= your most plausable suggestion, if he were ready physically to play 30+ games a season.

Lets face it CT if you're right and he's finished, we need a new player to take his place in the squad as Mr Dependable/ thego to player etc etc....am asking who?...

So it was a little while after you first came on here and the club was in turmoil then. People were still fucking seething about things so the point still stands.

Cabaye= centre midfield

Ferguson= your most plausable suggestion, if he were ready physically to play 30+ games a season.

Lets face it CT if you're right and he's finished, we need a new player to take his place in the squad as Mr Dependable/ thego to player etc etc....am asking who?...

Ive given you some answers. If Marveaux continues in this form and Cabaye comes back, maybe Marveaux.

Obertan played great on the left against Bordeaux ?

Ferguson may grow into that role

We may go back to a 433 with Ba, Cisse and HBA leaving Cabye, Tiote and Bigi / Marveaux as the middle three.

Who Knows how it will pan out. Happy for as many new recruits as possible to come in as well.

So it was a little while after you first came on here and the club was in turmoil then. People were still fucking seething about things so the point still stands.

Ive come on here to discuss the match, player performances, good and bad. (As they do on most other Newcastle football forums, discussing the same issues). You are the one going on like your silly older self.

It's difficult to reflect your true opinion when discussing something with CT. His arguments tend to get so extreme, so black and white, you inevitably look like you're arguing the opposite view, when you really just want to temper one of his flights of fancy. For example, most would agree Pardew has been found wanting a bit this season...but CT has to go overboard and tout the sack.

There's no concetrns about Jonas being raised that weren't clear when he arrived. I think the points raised in the Jonas thread from 2008 are as valid now as they were then...

http://www.toontasti...e-is-an-enigma/

The effort he has continued to put in since then though, whatever shit was going down, has to be applauded. He's a reliable if limited pro. Well worthy of a place ahead of any other left wing options we currently have.

tumblr_m0yx3sXNMk1qcnrcvo1_500.gif

Ive come on here to discuss the match, player performances, good and bad. (As they do on most other Newcastle football forums, discussing the same issues). You are the one going on like your silly older self.

I don't know, I feel better getting that off my chest tbh :lol:

Comparing it to how shit we were when he was out of the team, I'd say no, Jonas isn't finished.

Pardew has shifted him from the familiar "zig-zag runs down the left, get chopped down, win a freekick / don't get chopped down, put in a poor cross, concede possession" player he used to be to one who's much more workmanlike. I'm not sure I like the new Jonas as much but he offers a lot to the team no matter what position he plays in. You don't see him bottle tackles, you don't see him give up on loose balls or stop chasing, and you don't see him failing to track back.

Most of the attacking impetus has been taken out of his game and I maintain that was a deliberate move by Pardew, as it started shortly after we began playing the 4-3-3 after Cisse's arrival last season. He's now been moved into more of a covering, defensive role and it's not got as much to do with his legs being gone as it has to do with Pardew's need for that type of player. A type of player, I might add, that we were sorely missing during the West Ham and Swansea defeats. I thought he was shite against Southampton myself but he was just coming back from injury there.

Good luck finding a replacement for him. Still one of the lynchpins of our team as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by acrossthepond

Knew he acted but hadn't looked at what he had done. Just like his album :)

Bit of a renaissance man to be honest. Raps, acts, produces, writes. All to a decent standard

Knew he acted but hadn't looked at what he had done. Just like his album :)

Bit of a renaissance man to be honest. Raps, acts, produces, writes. All to a decent standard

Cabaye= centre midfield

Tbf, Pardew is already going to have a headache when Ben Arfa returns against Fulham following Marveauxs display.

Who gets dropped for Ben Arfa? Marveaux, Cisse, Jonas?

I suspect it will be Cisse as Marveaux definitely warrants another start if we play the same formation, but it may not be that clear cut now that Pardew sees we have the players to play it on the ground.

Ok, so on the basis of one game, we are going to drop the league's most prolific scorer from the second half of least season for someone who's had one good game in about a year and a half.

FANTASTIC

Hey, I hope Marveaux does eventually give us a selection headache, but even from yesterday's good performance I saw signs there that he isnt quite ready to tough it out with the division's big boys yet.

I have to admit that while I in no way endorse CT's mad ramblings, I do feel there's something missing with Jonas this season.

Last season he did a fantastic job in supporting Raylor and in the second half of the season he seemed to reinvent himself in a more central role linking up brilliantly with Tiote and Cabaye.

This season though he's been generally deployed back on the left (not sure where CT got that he was playing on the right from as he clearly wasn't to anyone with eyes) but he no longer seems to want drive forward and link up with Santon like he did with ricky.

His crossing has always been a weakness so there's no real change there but he's not carrying the ball like he was.

It's hard to criticise him too much though given the poor displays or injuries to those around him. Is he having to play to much? Is he carrying an injury (I suspect he's the type of bloke who will try his best to play with knocks while there are others who won't play unless 100%)? Is he just a symptom of the general under performing this season? Or are his legs starting to go?

All of these things are possible (at 29 though you'd be a little surprised if it was the latter) and I do have a feeling that this may be his last season as a purple but I don't think we have anyone who can come in and do a better job than him at the minute. Shane has struggled when he's had more than a short spell, Sameobi is a headless chicken, it doesn't surprise me at all that Marveaux played his best game for us more centrally as he doesn't seem to really be a wide player, and Obertan? I can't believe even CT would make such a ridiculous suggestion. I think he will need replacing from outside the squad and who knows what the likelihood of that is. We certainly haven't been linked with anyone lately who would be a replacement!

Edited by David Kelly

Ok, so on the basis of one game, we are going to drop the league's most prolific scorer from the second half of least season for someone who's had one good game in about a year and a half.

FANTASTIC

Hey, I hope Marveaux does eventually give us a selection headache, but even from yesterday's good performance I saw signs there that he isnt quite ready to tough it out with the division's big boys yet.

I think Pardew has already dropped him this season?

The bottom line is its not an easy decision for Pardew. He has abandoned his preferred style of play in the last two games and most people would agree we have looked better. Last night at times we looked very good.

The formation was described as a 4231 and both Marveaux and Anita excelled. Pardew might decide the easiest move without disturbing the formation is HBA for Cisse.

Tbf, Pardew is already going to have a headache when Ben Arfa returns against Fulham following Marveauxs display.

Who gets dropped for Ben Arfa? Marveaux, Cisse, Jonas?

I suspect it will be Cisse as Marveaux definitely warrants another start if we play the same formation, but it may not be that clear cut now that Pardew sees we have the players to play it on the ground.

Marveaux will start in Europe, but with a fully fit squad he won't start in the league.

Don't think Pardew even mentioned him in his post match. He singled out Anita for praise. ARS.