Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

Not really. But Pards likes to start him.

Ideally I'd like to go.

.....................Cisse.................

..............Marv.........Hatem

.....................Cabaye............

..............Tiote..........Anita.......

NewLB....Collo.....NewCD.....Santon

no Ba?

*drools*

Drools at the raping santon will get when he's in their half for most of the game? I love these champ manager formations that totally forget a Sunday league manager would be able to figure out you just need to double up on the full backs on such a narrow formation and we would be 3-0 down after 10mins :lol:

Drools at the raping santon will get when he's in their half for most of the game? I love these champ manager formations that totally forget a Sunday league manager would be able to figure out you just need to double up on the full backs on such a narrow formation and we would be 3-0 down after 10mins :lol:

Maybe, just maybe.....If, we had people on the wings who could get down the wing and attack then maybe we would be so reliant on our defenders doing it for them.

Agree with J69. It would be 334 in attack & with Simpson/Santon's keeness to get back recently we'd get raped.

Plus I'd much rather have Santon at left back, he's better attacking/defending

So is E.T.

I'd like to see Parky's counter argument if you aren't going to make one. :lol:

Errr I want us to stop playing stone age football. ;)

In that formation the mf become a 5 when you lose the ball. And you lose the ball less.

The three behind the two protect the flanks and the one protects the middle with the front two dropping back to help out.

Less running, shorter passing and less panic.

Without the ball...........

.......Marv..................Hatem.....

...... I ...... ......... ....... I

...... I ..... ... ...............I

........V........................V

<---------Anita . I Cabaye--------->

........................I

.......................V

.....................Tiote.............

Edited by Park Life

The other team can pass the ball into space a hell of a lot quicker then players can run into new positions to cover. That's about as basic as you can get in football Parky

So, all those millions of chalk board talks by managers are redundant. :lol: The ball is faster forget it lads.

What spaces? You arrange to the first pass of their attacking phase. Arrigo Sacchi AC Milan. You might remember him. :lol:

The way we defend now players are getting isolated because none of the midfield apart from Tiote (who has to be everyehere) knows what their responsabilities are. (Hatem and Guti track back haphazardly).

If their first pass is long then the def is responsible. If it's short than the midfield close down.

It's about tempo and zones.

What we play now is about neither.

What we play now ALLOWS A HUGE amount of space in our midfield which means sides come onto us utilising 2 defenders as well as the whole oof thier midfield.

Edited by Park Life