US election 2016

Happy Face

Oh aye, and Trump being president will not be a bad thing for us. :jesuswept:

Willing to admit I could be wrong about that. But as Parky says, even if he wins, he'll have little real power.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willing to admit I could be wrong about that. But as Parky says, even if he wins, he'll have little real power.

Maybe. But he will be a vile obnoxious bigot voted into power by the populous for the only superpower on Earth. And if he's as impotent as his reputed cock size how is that actually a good thing for the planet? But, to use an American phrase, whatever. As long as the bint who sent a few un pc emails from an unsecure email server isn't elected.

A Trump win would be as poisonous for xenophobia and racism as Brexit, without any laws having to be made.

Economically it would be catastrophic for the welfare state as tax code changes would get through easily assuming they'd win Congress too.

It would be devastating that Trump would appoint at least one supreme court judge as America seems to have sat back and accepted that Republicans can block ANY Democratic appointment when it's their go.

Now that the president can bomb any country he likes without asking Congress, Trump could go of half cocked anywhere. I can't see him bombing many more than the 8 countries Obama has, but you can't day he wouldn't go wild with it.

Other than that, they could probably block him from repealing obamacare or same sex marriage or owt though :D

A Trump win would be as poisonous for xenophobia and racism as Brexit, without any laws having to be made.

Economically it would be catastrophic for the welfare state as tax code changes would get through easily assuming they'd win Congress too.

It would be devastating that Trump would appoint at least one supreme court judge as America seems to have sat back and accepted that Republicans can block ANY Democratic appointment when it's their go.

Now that the president can bomb any country he likes without asking Congress, Trump could go of half cocked anywhere. I can't see him bombing many more than the 8 countries Obama has, but you can't day he wouldn't go wild with it.

Other than that, they could probably block him from repealing obamacare or same sex marriage or owt though :D

The dark master is rising and hell is coming with him. :lol:

Let's label this post and the one that inspired it for what it is. Meaningless drivel.

Your bitch is laying the foundations to take on Russia in Syria which will lead to the greatest conflict ever on this planet.

The General gives the correct ans first and is brow beaten into disowning it because the Neo Con hawks didn't like the ans vis a vie war with Russia.

Edited by Park Life

I've said all along they are both poor choices. And so has everybody in this thread.

Several people have suggested Trump would be a better choice for the world. What a load of bollocks that is.

The Neo Con hawks live in la la land and have no idea what is happening on the ground in these countries. They believe in manifest destiny and suck on high hubris - they have been emboldened by the interventions in Libya and Iraq and are currently helping decimate one of the poorest countries in the world in Yemen. The facts that they have created Balkanised and failed states that America has spent 17 trillion dollars thus far in the middle east over a decade means fuck all to them. That millions of people have been displaced or killed or wounded cuts no ice. They will not stop till they have taken down Syria and Iran and there are others on the list. They are seething that Russia has stopped them in Syria. I genuinely worry what foolhardy escapades are planned when Clinton a known warmonger takes office.

Edited by Park Life

Iran is a fucking despicable state, I happen to know a few Iranians in REAL LIFE and their testimony is chilling. The fact that Russia is backing these cunts says a lot about them. And don't give me this shit about the US backing Saudi either. Obama has cleverly weaned the US off their nipple, they're fucked long term. Know your friends you idiots!

Edited by Renton

Iran is a fucking despicable state, I happen to know a few Iranians in REAL LIFE and their testimony is chilling. The fact that Russia is backing these cunts says a lot about them. And don't give me this shit about the US backing Saudi either. Obama has cleverly weaned the US off their nipple, they're fucked long term. Know your friends you idiots!

You do know Iran had to overthrow an American backed dictator not so long ago? ;)

Assad was an eye doctor from London who has won two elections he isn't a 'dictator' and he doesn't have any WMD. He arrived in zone where there was already a repressive state apparatus in place.

I don't know what you don't understand about regime change and American hegemony that has laid waste to most of the middle east and overturned secular countries and replaced them with chaos and extremism. ISIS started in Iraq. They got a lot of their early arms from Libyan arms caches. The way forward in the world is to bring change gradually with diplomatic and financial pressure and rewards. Not go in and wipe out whole nations. The fact that this needs explaining to you boggles my mind in all honesty.

I also know real Palestinians and Afghans and Syrians I'm not sure what point you are making there. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Aye what the fuck. That post was bang up his street, as was the one that Parky posted. I think he just skim read it and assumed you were talking about Hillary.

Time to get out from behind the sofa, Renton.

If he wins, I can see him attempting to rule like the strongman despots he so obviously admires.

And Trump in the White House would mean the republicans likely to maintain control of the senate while definitely still controlling the house so I don't know how you both have come to that conclusion.

Fortunately, I think Hillary has just enough of a lead to crawl over the line.

If he wins, I can see him attempting to rule like the strongman despots he so obviously admires.

And Trump in the White House would mean the republicans likely to maintain control of the senate while definitely still controlling the house so I don't know how you both have come to that conclusion.

Fortunately, I think Hillary has just enough of a lead to crawl over the line.

GOP are probably going to lose control of the Senate and there is a whole legal infrastructure in place to curtail Presidents doing what they want as Obama found out. Congress especially is a mine field and to get things done there has to be a  lot of compromise. Trump might go on about taxes for instance but Congress would have to pass it. The other key thing is that Trump doesn't have the nous and the experience to build partnerships (hasn't so far) within the political landscape. In fact he has alienated a lot of the power brokers with his constant attacks on 'establishment types'. :lol:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/

Edited by Park Life

If Trump wins, don't rule out a continuation of republican controlled congress, or party faithful being whipped into line. Even if Hillary wins, the GOP might retain control of both houses.

Trump's rhetoric implies a sweeping expansion of presidential authority. He clearly sees himself as a strongman leader in the mould of Putin. You only have to look back as far as Nixon to see history of presidents who have abused power.

The fortunate thing in this scenario is a Trump victory seems unlikely, even after the latest email revelations.

His latest rallies wouldn't look out of place in Nuremberg tbf. It's all about the cult of the personality. It has to be because most of the words he speaks are gibberish. But the idea that he is the only person who can fix America is appealing to the disenfranchised still struggling after a long recession. Eerie parallels with the 30s

Edited by Dr Gloom

His latest rallies wouldn't look out of place in Nuremberg tbf. It's all about the cult of the personality. It has to be because most of the words he speaks are gibberish. But the idea that he is the only person who can fix America is appealing to the disenfranchised still struggling after a long recession. Eeery parallels with the 30s

If Trump wins, don't rule out a continuation of republican controlled congress, or party faithful being whipped into line. Even if Hillary wins, the GOP might retain control of both houses.

Trump's rhetoric implies a sweeping expansion of presidential authority. He clearly sees himself as a strongman leader in the mould of Putin. You only have to look back as far as Nixon to see history of presidents who have abused power.

The fortunate thing in this scenario is a Trump victory seems unlikely, even after the latest email revelations.

I don't really see Trump as 'Republican'. He's more of an anti-establishment candidate. I doubt the republicans want him in power any more than they want Hillary. To think that they'll go along with everything he wants is a bit pessimistic.

On that note, the guy has no concrete policies anyway. He might do fuck all.

As you say though, he's unlikely to win. I saw one poll had him in front yesterday but people tend to go for the safe option in the end.

Two top Democratic strategists have exited the presidential campaign after explosive undercover videos showed them discussing voter fraud and their roles in planting paid agitators at campaign events for Republican candidate Donald Trump."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/18/undercover-video-shows-democrats-saying-they-hire-/

Edited by Park Life