US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly a war and also absolutely justified. UN led too iirc. Name me a US president since the war whose been less militarily interventionist.

No, I agree with that, just the lack of knowledge of a Presidential candidate 8 years before running on current affairs.

I see Trump was in Florida today and he apparently brought a bunch of people from minority groups on stage who happen to work for him to say they'll be voting for him :lol: He even fucking joked if they didn't say something nice he'd fire them before bringing them on. He's having a laugh now surely?

Edited by Howay

Doubt that he is, might be more articulate but the two don't go completely together. I didn't watch it all but the gist seemed to be we'll release our tax returns when Hilary releases all her private emails. What a twat and if you swallowed that line you're an idiot too. Tax is tax and private emails can be made public interest but equivalence would be if Trump's private and business emails were made public not his tax.

As for Hilary's comments about Palestine, how naive to not realize that the business of politics is exactly what she states, the attempt to influence political outcomes at home and abroad. Obama comes to Britain to influence the democratic vote for Brexit and everyone loves it apart from those who don't support it. Completely normal and just goes to show how desperate to be outraged the wiki-lovers are.

His father is quite possibly one of the biggest morons I've ever seen, so it wouldn't take much intelligence to outdo that.

The rest of it, well, if you're happy with that state of affairs then keep voting for it. The really interesting thing is that the 'proles' aren't happy with it anymore - and they seem to outnumber the rest of us.

EDIT - also worth noting I'm not outraged. Just increasingly incredulous that people accept this sort of bullshit. Stockholm syndrome or what?

Edited by Rayvin

"wiki lovers" :lol:

Chez starting to sound like Leazes slamming the Guardianistas.

What's newsworthy is rarely outrageous to our expectations. No one is surprised/outraged that Trump is a sex pest. The evidence that he brags about it is clearly significant though.

Wiki leaks is doing a good job of reassuring me at the minute. Literally nothing noteworthy has been released. I think Chez is right and some people are desperate to be outraged. Ironically usually the same people that bang on about the right to privacy.

Wiki leaks is doing a good job of reassuring me at the minute. Literally nothing noteworthy has been released. I think Chez is right and some people are desperate to be outraged. Ironically usually the same people that bang on about the right to privacy.

I bang on about the right to privacy for private citizens and for transparency from elected officials.

There's no irony in that whatsoever.

I assume I'm included in this, and want to point out that I was indifferent on the subject of privacy and have been outraged precisely zero times by Hillary Clinton as I just expect this shit from the establishment. That being said, there's a difference between the state's privacy and our own.

I'm not impressed by the developments about rigging Palestine but as Chez says, that's nothing new for the those who perpetuate the system. Does make clear that Hillary is a Neocon hawk though.

What do we make of these latest FBI related issues? The democrats seem to be up in arms.

Literally nothing noteworthy has been released. 

How many of them have you read?

Some of the revelations i find noteworthy are:

You don't think any of those stories deserved to be published?