US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they do know actually - they've just hit the people doing the shafting square in the jaw. What they don't understand is how or why they're being shafted. Fully agree that Trump is a bizarre person to carry their message, but it doesn't look like they were going to get anyone better, given that Sanders was shot down by the DNC.

Ironic that they likely closed him down because he was unelectable and now the unelecetable Trump has just taken the White House from them.

Also, won't Trump be much worse for their interests in his tenure than Clinton would have been? Sure she's the status quo and that's not great, but Trump is a fucking carwreck domestically and can cause lasting calamities in dealings with foreign nations (apart from Russia it seems).

Looking forward to seeing all those championing Trump blaming Obama for Trump's inevitable failure.

Edited by The Fish

FTSE is down 0.10%. Basically flat. The Asian markets closed down but they had the misfortune of being open as things unexpectedly swung in Trump's favour, so bore the brunt of irrational behaviour.

Honestly, any drop in the markets will be over in a month's time. They'll be back to normal. Traders are pussies.

His campaign prmoises are "Reduce taxes across-the-board" and "make our business tax rate more competitive to keep jobs in America,"

He doesn't have an environmental policy anmd has prommised to cull the EPA.

Why would the markets react badly to that?

Ironic that they likely closed him down because he was unelectable and now the unelecetable Trump has just taken the White House from them.

This is why I have continued to back Corbyn. The fact is, the establishment know that these people are electable, they just don't want to surrender power.

His campaign prmoises are "Reduce taxes across-the-board" and "make our business tax rate more competitive to keep jobs in America,"

He doesn't have an environmental policy anmd has prommised to cull the EPA.

Why would the markets react badly to that?

Because despite all of that, they wanted Hillary as she's more business friendly. The Dow Jones future index had it down 700 at one point earlier, so the US markets might be messy later. Although that was before his speech.

Happy Face in bed with the KKK!

:lol:

I don't remember the right wing being as effusive when Wikileaks shared Sarah Palin's emails ahead of the 2008 election.

Duke never praised the publication of the BNP members list either.

People have no fundamental beliefs when it comes to Wikileaks.  They praise the leaks that harm their opponents and damn the ones that harm their team.

The fact wikileaks don't choose a team is what makes them worth supporting.

This is why I have continued to back Corbyn. The fact is, the establishment know that these people are electable, they just don't want to surrender power.

Correct. The more they go after someone the more dangerous they think they are.

Edited by Park Life

I'm left leaning, I was disenfranchised with the pre-Corbyn Labour party, but frankly, Corbyn doesn't inspire me to support them. I wanted him to be part of the conversation, but I just don't rate him and he's done nothing since becoming leader to change my mind.

Jed Bartlett 2020?

I'm left leaning, I was disenfranchised with the pre-Corbyn Labour party, but frankly, Corbyn doesn't inspire me to support them. I wanted him to be part of the conversation, but I just don't rate him and he's done nothing since becoming leader to change my mind.

Jed Bartlett 2020?

Stop reading the Guardian. ;)

The Labour Party now has half a million members...

Tories 150,000 and dropping every year.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2013/09/conservative-party-membership-has-nearly-halved-throughout-david-camerons-premiership/

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2015/10/tories-are-zombie-party-ageing-falling-membership-still-they-stagger-victory

Edited by Park Life

I'm glad there are young people excited by a left-leaning party, but Corbyn doesn't inspire me. 

I get most of my political insight from peers and on here, so it's not the Guardian at fault for my lack of excitement. It's you mugs.

I have as much of a problem with Wikileaks as most on here but in this case they have done what they have always done in releasing the emails. In fact it would not have been impartial of them to hold back on the emails for any reason. And Trump is not going to go any easier on him than Clinton would have been.

Fact is you don't know what the machinations of wikileaks are. If he releases all the emails he receives then that's even worse because then it's basically the hackers who decide what is published.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an amnesty from the US now.

I'm glad there are young people excited by a left-leaning party, but Corbyn doesn't inspire me. 

I get most of my political insight from peers and on here, so it's not the Guardian at fault for my lack of excitement. It's you mugs.

It's Corby who will move the party back to the left.....His replacement will get elected. ;)

"Shortly after midnight, when CNN showed Trump pulling away from Clinton in Pennsylvania, a few women shouted “No!” and “Why?” at no one in particular as the catering staff packed up the bar and dispatched the remains of the cheese plates and buffet sandwiches. More and more women could be seen crying on one another’s shoulders, while one group of women (and a couple of male friends) gave the middle finger to CNN’s Jake Tapper on the large screen."

[emoji38] Animals.

I see there's protests in Oakland. People taking to the streets, picture on Twitter of a banner with "Trump is a facist pig" on it. Facist.

Jed Bartlet will be 80 by then.

He has already served two terms.

He also happens to be a fictional character.

Trump is 70

He's facing child rape allegations 

He's a proven liar

There are worse things than being fictional.

It's Corby who will move the party back to the left.....His replacement will get elected. ;)

That's my hope, but I've not heard of anybody being groomed to take over, once Corbyn returns to the commune.