What if we'd lost World War 2

Christmas Tree

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a bacon shirker then?

Anyone else remember The Jewish Mother pub, or am I being an old git?

not practicing. my mother's side is jewish, my dad's family is catholic, so a two-pronged guilt attack over the years.

Two thoughts on my mind today and I would be interested to hear what this country would be like today and over the last 60 years had we lost World War 2 ?

Is the second thought "Will there ever be a boy born that can swim faster than a shark?"

Did your mother's family come to UK to escape the Nazis, or have they been here longer than that?

Nah, they've been here since before the war. I've got a great uncle who managed to escape from a labour camp during the war tough, pretty radge by all accounts.

the pullover is still doing the job nature intended. my parents are both atheist

Is the second thought "Will there ever be a boy born that can swim faster than a shark?"

:lol:

My 2nd question which I backed off from was wondering what Britain would be like today if we hadn't had Thatcher and 18 years of Thatcherism (longer obv if we include new labour).

I decided that would very quickly polarise into long held political beliefs and wouldn't be discussed properly. :)

We'd have been a satellite state of the third riech...like a post war eastern bloc country was to the USSR for 50 years....in other words, fuckin grim...

I can imagine it been grim in the beginning but would we have eventually been assimilated, would a generation on Hitler have moved on and a German thatcher or Blair come to the fore and made it a cracking empire.

Would we have become like Ireland fight the invader or as through history just got on with it.

What was Hitlers grand plan? Did he want to invade the world to conquer and pilfer or to spread the word so to speak.

Would we now have a European USG and be part of some great world power.

Interesting links from you and Tooj but READING!!!! Is there no good documentary equivalent?