What if we'd lost World War 2

Christmas Tree

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When asking if Ashley and kinnear might just be the greatest thing to happen to Newcastle stops getting hooks it's time to bring out the big guns and start defending Hitler.

Fuck a duck.

No need to be a complete spaz. I'm not defending Hitler in the slightest. I'm simply raising a theoretical question that others have wrote books about.

If you don't want to discuss it don't discuss it. It's pretty simple.

No need to be a complete spaz. I'm not defending Hitler in the slightest. I'm simply raising a theoretical question that others have wrote books about.

If you don't want to discuss it don't discuss it. It's pretty simple.

You're going on about a cracking empire.

The notion of any empire being "cracking" is bollocks. They're all built on murder and land grabs.

You're going on about a cracking empire.

The notion of any empire being "cracking" is bollocks. They're all built on murder and land grabs.

That's what happened throughout history ffs.

Honestly, people act very strange on here at times. Alternate history's is not the devils work, simply a topic for discussion.

That's what happened throughout history ffs.

Honestly, people act very strange on here at times. Alternate history's is not the devils work, simply a topic for discussion.

It's not people on here , it's you.

Ask your next fare if Hitler's Britain would have been part of an empire to be proud of and let us know if they're more receptive.

Hopefully it'll be someone in their 80s as well.

Ask your next fare if Hitler's Britain would have been part of an empire to be proud of and let us know if they're more receptive.

:lol:

Exactly. Discussion of theoretical time lines is fine, but, CT, the way you have done it is just plainly offensive, even to someone like me who has no connection to the war.

It's not like, it's people acting like little kids.

Alternate history is about WHAT IF not what I want or would prefer.

The point is 60 years after ww2 would we simply be a federal European super power or would we still be resisting.

Obviously beyond a few of you to have a reasoned discussion.

Yes as part of the T4 program. Which for some reason channel 4 later called their teen programming unit.

Thought all their race superiority breeding was ironic if you took one look at the frail and geeky looking leadership. :lol:

I think that CT's been treated a bit harsh here - fair enough "overlooking" the holocaust is stupid but its not that bad a question to ask overall.

I suppose it depends how the alternative ended - if they'd never invaded Russia then they might have invaded Britain in about 42 but would still have had to deal with Stalin eventually. Or if they'd defeated Stalin as well that would bring the Americans into play but preumably the Germans would have succeeded with their rocket programme and probably with an atomic bomb.

Another question would have been how effective a resitance would have been in Britain.

I think that CT's been treated a bit harsh here- fair enough "overlooking" the holocaust is stupid but its not that bad a question to ask overall.

I suppose it depends how the alternative ended - if they'd never invaded Russia then they might have invaded Britain in about 42 but would still have had to deal with Stalin eventually. Or if they'd defeated Stalin as well that would bring the Americans into play but preumably the Germans would have succeeded with their rocket programme and probably with an atomic bomb.

Another question would have been how effective a resitance would have been in Britain.

Aye you're right, Fish wants the most stick for his Christmas present thread. :good:

I think that CT's been treated a bit harsh here - fair enough "overlooking" the holocaust is stupid but its not that bad a question to ask overall.

No surprise there.

But hold on before more toontastic fairy folklore is written. I didnt overlook the holocaust :lol:

I asked what it would be like 60 years after wed being defeated in world war 2, 2 or 3 generations down the line.

Would we have been resistance lead country picking away like the sort of "warfare" we see from the Taliban or would the Germans have" won over" the masses as was their intention.

60 years on its quite possible we may have been a stalin type state, but its also possible that a European super power might have emerged, especially if they secured the oil fields of the middle east.

Anyway, could have been a canny discussion just a shame a few try to pain a totally different picture of the discussion.