What if we'd lost World War 2

Christmas Tree

No surprise there.

But hold on before more toontastic fairy folklore is written. I didnt overlook the holocaust :lol:

I asked what it would be like 60 years after wed being defeated in world war 2, 2 or 3 generations down the line.

Would we have been resistance lead country picking away like the sort of "warfare" we see from the Taliban or would the Germans have" won over" the masses as was their intention.

60 years on its quite possible we may have been a stalin type state, but its also possible that a European super power might have emerged, especially if they secured the oil fields of the middle east.

Anyway, could have been a canny discussion just a shame a few try to pain a totally different picture of the discussion.

Ok but you did somewhat make it sound like an "occupation" would have normalised after such a long while which is possible but there was a bit of ignoring the "nastier" side.

Obviously the Jewish population of Britain was a lot smaller than other parts of Europe but they and the other minorities would still have suffered.

I've always thought the last couple of years of the war (even post D-Day) were decided on a few "coin tosses" like the V2 programme which could easily have gone either way given slightly different timings - it certainly wasn't the clearcut triumph it's sometimes painted.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one gave CT any stick for his original question. There were book recommendations offered and a few short but sweet responses. It was only after a page and a half when he started on the "cracking empire" talk that he got people's backs up.

Ignoring that, I think fashion would have been much improved by a fascist victory.

Would we have been a Stalin type state?

Would we have been a Hitler type state?

Would we have been a Mussolini type state?

Would we have been a Tojo type state?

Would we have sung the songs that remind us of the good times?

Would we have sung the songs that remind us of the better times?

Ok but you did somewhat make it sound like an "occupation" would have normalised after such a long while which is possible but there was a bit of ignoring the "nastier" side.

Obviously the Jewish population of Britain was a lot smaller than other parts of Europe but they and the other minorities would still have suffered.

I've always thought the last couple of years of the war (even post D-Day) were decided on a few "coin tosses" like the V2 programme which could easily have gone either way given slightly different timings - it certainly wasn't the clearcut triumph it's sometimes painted.

Not ignoring the nastier side at all tbh, in fact I said it would be grim. The main point though was to what it might be like now nearly 70 years after the war.

No-one gave CT any stick for his original question. There were book recommendations offered and a few short but sweet responses. It was only after a page and a half when he started on the "cracking empire" talk that he got people's backs up.

Ignoring that, I think fashion would have been much improved by a fascist victory.

I think unfortunately you are have too much emphasis on use of the word "cracking" and used that one word to otherwise distort a post that was describing several possible scenarios, good as well as bad.

Someone as intelligent as yourself should be able to read that post and understand I was referring to some fictional post war leader turning the occupied "state" into a super power.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109779/?ref_=nv_sr_1

There you go CT. No need for any of that pesky reading!

Cheers for that. :)

Have a good watch of that tonight over a few beers. Even better that its got Rutger in. Used to love some of his films back in the 80's :lol:

*goes to see if hes still alive* (Rutger not Hitler) ;)

CT you could do a lot worse than to listen to these Hardcore Histories podcasts that people have mentioned on here. I'm listening to one at the minute called Logical Insanity about the decision to drop the atomic bomb in Japan. Really good stuff.