Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me thinks that we buy when it seems to be good value, not when we need something... which makes me worry about Cabella a little.

But then again, we've utilised everyone bought in the last window very successfully.

Also, was just thinking regarding the transfer policy in general. I can't remember the last time we had such quality on the bench. Ben Arfa, Haidara, Taylor/MYM, etc.

We're not there yet but the strength in depth is coming. The overall quality of the squad certainly feels better than it has been for some time. Remember when we had absolutely no one to throw on at the end of a game except kids?

I think it'll be between £12-15m.

Wages who knows but he's a young lad so could get away with £30-40k. Possibly.

So if we look at the top end of the valuation and I know its not certain would we not be better trying for Remy who's tried & tested here. The one thing I do feel as Mr Fish pointed out earlier it will be a disappointment not to sign anyone this window.

Well by all accounts we aren't getting Cabella this window - JFK has it signed for June.

I'd take Salah but that sure as fuck isn't going to happen with Liverpool sniffing around.

Can't see us doing anything really - not that I'm overly bothered by it; as has been said, it's expected.

It's 12.5m euros

Ah ok - I wasn't aware we'd confirmed it though? I thought JFK had decided that we weren't going to work out the cost, or when it would happen, until some point way into the future.

Ah ok - I wasn't aware we'd confirmed it though? I thought JFK had decided that we weren't going to work out the cost, or when it would happen, until some point way into the future.

IMO he's a 20m pound player with one good PL under his belt...That's what they'll be looking at. I reckon we'll buy him in the summer. If Cabaye leaves then this window.

The players we have been linked with this window ie Zouma and so on is really pleasing as they all seem to be very promising players.

Edited by Park Life

Didnt we know that already? The only way we'll try and bring it forward is if there's a situation with Cabaye. Come to think of it we may not even then, with a mid table position virtually guaranteed.

Wut?

Zee Fronch, zey have zee deeferont Tax Year, non?

Na I shall fock yur waff und smoke zees ceegurette wiz a heent of ennui... boeuf

Pretty sure the French tax year is the calendar year, so that's a bit odd. As you say though, he doesn't exactly appear to be the full shilling. :lol: Maybe it's different for seasonal business like football clubs....

Pretty sure the French tax year is the calendar year, so that's a bit odd. As you say though, he doesn't exactly appear to be the full shilling. :lol: Maybe it's different for seasonal business like football clubs....

NUFCBlog states

"

Just in case anybody was still wondering whether Newcastle could get their midfield target Remy Cabella on Tyneside this month, the 70 year-old Montpellier President Louis Nicollin has talked to L’Equipe today, and said he will not do any business for the player in this financial year – which for football club ends on June 30th.

remy-cabella-300x199.jpg

Remy Cabella - to move on July 1st

That’s why players’ contracts usually start from July 1st, and why if Remy Cabella is transferred to Newcastle it would now be officially on July 1st, in the next financial year, even though a deal could be agreed before that time – and could even be agreed in January.

This is what Nicollin has told L’Equipe today:

“There is nothing in fact and there will be nothing done. There is no question he leaves now.” ”I did not want to pay huge taxes this year, because the budget comes to an end on June 30.”

“I prefer it to be from July 1. Here, if there are good deals, it will enable us to have a financially good next season.”

Moving the transfer to July 1st moves it to the next financial year, and of course French clubs have had their taxes raised to very high levels g by the French president Francois Hollande, who at the moment is making news as he tries to end his nine-year relationship with first lady Valerie Trierweiler.

There’s nothing wrong with Nicollin wanting to do the deal on July 1st, when maybe some appeals against the high taxes French football clubs have to pay could be fruitful, but we are still hoping that Newcastle are in there trying to get the deal agreed for July 1st.

And with the news a day or two ago leaked out that the deal was even done, there is still a decent chance that Newcastle can in fact seal the deal in January and Cabella would sign on July 1st.

What do you think?"