Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The reason it's more shocking when it happens to Labour is that the media actively despise Corbyn, whereas at least some of the media really do quite love the Tories.

i blame the jewish-controlled media

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i blame the jewish-controlled media

I blame a lack of impartiality and corporate influences but whatever floats your boat I guess ;)

Edited by Rayvin

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sounds like even JMcD is distancing himself from Jezza over this 

I think McDonnell, Watson, Starmer and possibly more are starting to distance themselves from him on a few things - there may be trouble ahead.

To be clear I'd welcome the trouble that produces a better leader - as long as the policy platform isn't watered down.

20 minutes ago, NJS said:

I think McDonnell, Watson, Starmer and possibly more are starting to distance themselves from him on a few things - there may be trouble ahead.

To be clear I'd welcome the trouble that produces a better leader - as long as the policy platform isn't watered down.

the policy platform is brilliant, other than the lack of opposition on brexit. that's why this is all so bloody frustrating. i just don't dig the antisemitism stuff, it's a bit too close to home. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the policy platform is brilliant, other than the lack of opposition on brexit. that's why this is all so bloody frustrating. i don't dig the antisemitism stuff, a bit too close to home. 

I'm not sure about this forcing companies to give employees shares craic.

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the policy platform is brilliant, other than the lack of opposition on brexit. that's why this is all so bloody frustrating. i just don't dig the antisemitism stuff, it's a bit too close to home. 

It doesnt make any difference. If Corbyn goes and McDonnell takes over they'll just find something to tear him apart over as well.

32 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

And?

What do you want me to acknowledge that you feel I haven't acknowledged?

that there is a festering antisemitism problem that has developed while corbyn has been leader, which has shamed the party and disgusted jewish members. 

so far you put it down to media bias. you claimed corbyn's only failure here is his refusal to pay lip service to something that is little more than a distraction. 

you also argued your position is reinforced by a lack of evidence of antisemitism within the labour party itself. this is plainly wrong. it isn't just twitter trolls. there are myriad examples in this thread which suggest otherwise, and which i'm going to continue to flag, so you're better informed. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It doesnt make any difference. If Corbyn goes and McDonnell takes over they'll just find something to tear him apart over as well.

wrong again. it could potentially make a huge difference. if corbyn goes, we might see Mcd properly oppose brexit. he's a much smarter politician.

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure about this forcing companies to give employees shares craic.

Why?

I think if the intention is to give them a say then it may be tokenistic - I think to give them a stake in success its not a bad idea.

They've started giving us shares (I also got some when I first joined) but I think its in anticipation of shit bonuses this year - most people including me are selling them as soon as we can to offset said shitness.

Well I think under McDonnell's plan they can't sell the shares, they just get dividends and voting rights. Which makes the whole thing a bit pointless IMO and will possibly discourage international investment.

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

wrong again. it could potentially make a huge difference. if corbyn goes, we might see Mcd properly oppose brexit. he's a much smarter politician.

If you say so man. I've given up.

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that there is a festering antisemitism problem that has developed while corbyn has been leader, which has shamed the party and disgusted jewish members. 

so far you put it down to media bias. you claimed corbyn's only failure here is his refusal to pay lip service to something that is little more than a distraction. 

you also argued your position is reinforced by a lack of evidence of antisemitism within the labour party itself. this is plainly wrong. it isn't just twitter trolls. there are myriad examples in this thread which suggest otherwise, and which i'm going to continue to flag, so you're better informed. 

I've argued the media coverage is disproportionate.

Do you feel this is more important than children knifing each other, homeless people dying on the streets, mental health cuts, cuts to domestic violence shelters at a time with more women than ever are reporting it, etc.

Because it's getting a metric fuckton more coverage than all of those combined.

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If you say so man. I've given up.

Corbyn is an incompetent leader. We can’t blame that on the media. It always should have been McDonnell, he tried but never managed it and Corbyn got lucky and reluctantly decided to give it a go at the right time, unfortunately. I’m convinced MCD would have crushed the antisemtism crisis and properly opposed Brexit in a way Corbyn hasn’t. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Corbyn is an incompetent leader. We can’t blame that on the media. It always should have been McDonnell, he tried but never managed it and Corbyn got lucky and reluctantly decided to give it a go at the right time, unfortunately. I’m convinced MCD would have crushed the antisemtism crisis and properly opposed Brexit in a way Corbyn hasn’t. 

And I'm convinced the media would have crushed him. I see Tommy fucking Robinson is now exposing corrupt media practices, of all people. Some serious 'getting your house in order' shit needs to go down in the media industry.

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I've argued the media coverage is disproportionate.

Do you feel this is more important than children knifing each other, homeless people dying on the streets, mental health cuts, cuts to domestic violence shelters at a time with more women than ever are reporting it, etc.

Because it's getting a metric fuckton more coverage than all of those combined.

I don’t think that’s true at all. Knife crime stories are splashed all over our front pages when they occur, and rightly so. The effects of Tory austerity are horrific and have also been widely reported. 

Is it wrong that the antisemitism story has received so much coverage? That depends on what you think about what has been reported. It’s right to suggest that plenty of UK media groups are terrified of a Corbyn government and have jumped all over this story. It’s wrong to suggest this story doesn’t exist or isn’t newsworthy.