Politics

Christmas Tree

you're completely blind to the problem, rayvin. you're a good man and i get why you, and many others on the left, don't want to admit there's a problem. but as long as that remains the case, i'm going to continue posting links to more evidence of antisemitism in the labour party ranks.

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you're completely blind to the problem, rayvin. you're a good man and i get why you, and many others on the left, don't want to admit there's a problem. but as long as that remains the case, i'm going to continue posting links to more evidence of antisemitism in the labour party ranks.

I admit there is anti-semitism in Labour. I suppose I could be accused of being blind to the scale of the problem, but I'm not denying that it exists.

What I have issue with, is that the only reason this story exists (maybe not for you, but certainly for most of the fucking press) is that it is literally the only thing they threw at Corbyn that seemed to stick. Anti-semitism in Labour will not be new and they've never given a fuck about it previously. I would need some serious convincing to actually believe that anyone in the press who is in charge of 'leading' these stories, really actually cares about it.

And by all means do continue to post it, but it'd be helpful if someone (at the national media level) could also throw up the Islamophobia in UKIP and the Tories, as well as the garden variety racism, talking about it endlessly for months and applying extreme pressure on their respective leaders to do something about it. Although I daresay UKIP would consider it to be a badge of honour. For me it's all part of a narrative to make Labour look like it's been taken over by 'dangerous, radical left wingers' so that people like CT can compare them to Venezuela and fucking Stalin.

I do not trust our press as far as I can throw them. If you posted actual stories from Jewish people in Labour (not MPs with agendas) who have been targetted by anti-semitism and who are posting in their own blogs or non-national media outlets... or on twitter or whatever, those I will trust so much more than the media. That's not me challenging you to do that by the way, I'm not saying those stories don't exist and that you won't find any, because clearly they will do. No smoke without fire, etc. But I'm going to be extremely cynical with the national media line on this, sorry.

Edited by Rayvin

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Can you not think theres a disgusting amount of anti-semitism in the labour party which should be dealt with and think it's being overused by the media and the powers that be to attack Corbyn? (See how they don't mention Tory racism for example).

That Ian Austin said he left because of the anti-semitism but just happens to be a racist brexit supporting cunt as well - a lot of the vocal "Corbyn isn't doing enough" people just also happen to be Blairites who never mentioned the issue before.

Chris Williamson is an absolute prick in a lot of ways. What he said was fucking idiotic when the spotlight is on Labour and further evidence that there is a denial of the extent of anti-semitism in the Labour Party. Tom Watson has taken the right stance on this and on Brexit, if the rest would follow his example then a lot of these problems could at least be hidden from the media’s glare.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I admit there is anti-semitism in Labour. I suppose I could be accused of being blind to the scale of the problem, but I'm not denying that it exists.

What I have issue with, is that the only reason this story exists (maybe not for you, but certainly for most of the fucking press) is that it is literally the only thing they threw at Corbyn that seemed to stick. Anti-semitism in Labour will not be new and they've never given a fuck about it previously. I would need some serious convincing to actually believe that anyone in the press who is in charge of 'leading' these stories, really actually cares about it.

And by all means do continue to post it, but it'd be helpful if someone (at the national media level) could also throw up the Islamophobia in UKIP and the Tories, as well as the garden variety racism, talking about it endlessly for months and applying extreme pressure on their respective leaders to do something about it. Although I daresay UKIP would consider it to be a badge of honour. For me it's all part of a narrative to make Labour look like it's been taken over by 'dangerous, radical left wingers' so that people like CT can compare them to Venezuela and fucking Stalin.

I do not trust our press as far as I can throw them. If you posted actual stories from Jewish people in Labour (not MPs with agendas) who have been targetted by anti-semitism and who are posting in their own blogs or non-national media outlets... or on twitter or whatever, those I will trust so much more than the media. That's not me challenging you to do that by the way, I'm not saying those stories don't exist and that you won't find any, because clearly they will do. No smoke without fire, etc. But I'm going to be extremely cynical with the national media line on this, sorry.

the jewish MPs or members who have reported antisemitism in the Labour Party all have agendas because they're not bloggers? :unsure:

it's wrong to say it's the only thing that's stuck too - there's his view on nuclear weapons, the ira, the financial services industry etc etc. The city is almost as scared of a corbyn government as it is of brexit. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

the jewish MPs or members who have reported antisemitism in the Labour Party all have agendas because they're not bloggers? :unsure:

it's wrong to say it's the only thing that's stuck too - there's his view on nuclear weapons, the ira, the financial services industry etc etc. The city is almost as scared of a corbyn government as it is of brexit. 

...no? I was referring to non-MPs who have experienced it. And yeah the MPs sure as shit do have agendas. I mean there's an anti-Zionist Jewish wing inside the Labour Party is there not. Have they reported extensively on anti-semitism?

His views on nuclear weapons didn't seem to stick at all, that's why that story isn't still running. Same with the IRA. In fact those weapons were put to bed when Labour didn't collapse at the last GE. Clearly the public didn't give a fuck so the media dropped them. And the city? Yes, historically, the public have really had a lot of respect for the city and their views, and don't at all think they're a pack of monumental cunts broadly responsible for plunging us into a decade of austerity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

...no? I was referring to non-MPs who have experienced it. And yeah the MPs sure as shit do have agendas. I mean there's an anti-Zionist Jewish wing inside the Labour Party is there not. Have they reported extensively on anti-semitism?

His views on nuclear weapons didn't seem to stick at all, that's why that story isn't still running. Same with the IRA. In fact those weapons were put to bed when Labour didn't collapse at the last GE. Clearly the public didn't give a fuck so the media dropped them. And the city? Yes, historically, the public have really had a lot of respect for the city and their views, and don't at all think they're a pack of monumental cunts broadly responsible for plunging us into a decade of austerity.

Berger didn’t have an agenda. She’s a victim of hatred and was bullied out of the party. All the while Corbyn wasn’t speaking to her. Absolutely shameful 

And there are several examples of labour members, not just MPs with their Zionist agendas, which have been posted during this discussion which for some reason you keep choosing to ignore.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Chris Williamson is an absolute prick in a lot of ways. What he said was fucking idiotic when the spotlight is on Labour and further evidence that there is a denial of the extent of anti-semitism in the Labour Party. Tom Watson has taken the right stance on this and on Brexit, if the rest would follow his example then a lot of these problems could at least be hidden from the media’s glare.

Tom W made a decent pitch to be leader tbf

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

And there are several examples of labour members, not just MPs with their Zionist agendas, which have been posted during this discussion which for some reason you keep choosing to ignore.

Not so much that I'm ignoring them, I'm just not remembering them at present and lack the motivation to go back through and look. Honestly man, my issue is really not with whether or not antisemitism exists in Labour. If you say it does I'm happy to believe you, and have done so. My issue is the disproportionate scale of the media response compared to the very little actual tangible problems this antisemitism -appears- to be causing.

As I've said before, where is the outrage about people actually out on the streets doubling in number since May took office? Save for the Guardian, rarely, it's nowhere to be seen. Why does some name calling on Twitter (which is all I have personally seen of it so far) deserve more outrage and condemnation than people living in cardboard next to Tesco because the government has cut their legs out from under them?

This is another problem with FPTP, it obscures direct accountability. Rees-Mogg would have to work bloody hard not to get elected in North East Somerset. Diane Abbott could claim 2+2=5 and still win a Hackney landslide. Or to pick an example closer to home, Ian Lavery is clearly dodgy as fuck but will be the Wansbeck MP for as long as he wants to be. The whole system is rotten.

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It does. The guy clearly seems antisemitic, not that I understand all of it.

Curious that he's been an MP since 2010 without anyone seems to cause a fuss about him though...

Almost as if he’s somehow felt more at ease expressing his views since 2015 :lol: