Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Personally I do care though, I'm just capable of observing that the wider public can't be arsed with it. Dick heed. Maybe it's your own capacity for critical thinking that's askew. I've criticised Labour for not appealing to the electorate. The polls say I'm right. People like you that sit on the left and stick their fingers in their ears is just more Corbynism

What is it that you think Labour should do to appeal to the electorate? It's reading very much like your view is that they should sit down and shut up, but I'm not sure that's going to turn the tide on this.

I think Starmer is playing this badly firstly because he's chasing after a demographic that isn't listening to him, and secondly because he's alienating leftwingers and remainers who were already on side. So all he's done is make a bad situation worse.

I think we're getting close to the point where he becomes a busted flush and needs to resign - unless his strategy suddenly starts paying off.

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What is it that you think Labour should do to appeal to the electorate? It's reading very much like your view is that they should sit down and shut up, but I'm not sure that's going to turn the tide on this.

I think Starmer is playing this badly firstly because he's chasing after a demographic that isn't listening to him, and secondly because he's alienating leftwingers and remainers who were already on side. So all he's done is make a bad situation worse.

I think we're getting close to the point where he becomes a busted flush and needs to resign - unless his strategy suddenly starts paying off.

I think they should have waited for a better opportunity to present itself and in the meantime stick to criticising policies. But in reality Starmer needs a personality transplant to appeal to the electorate. 

42 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I think they should have waited for a better opportunity to present itself and in the meantime stick to criticising policies. But in reality Starmer needs a personality transplant to appeal to the electorate. 

I think the sad reality is Labour needs a leader who dresses like a fucking idiot and says stupid things to grab the attentions of an electorate who sees Trump and Boris as the faces of modern politics. 

Beat them at their own game 

56 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think the sad reality is Labour needs a leader who dresses like a fucking idiot and says stupid things to grab the attentions of an electorate who sees Trump and Boris as the faces of modern politics. 

They tried that with Corbyn.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don't even think Keith is Kinnock anymore..he'd make a fuckin good PM though...

The Brexit dividend keeps on giving. The fisheries story is yet another example.

The price of fish and chips is set to rise after we lose access to Norwegian waters while hundreds of UK fishermen who have fished there for generations go out of business 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56940914.amp

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Spam fritter n chips please 

Iirc we've always got our cod from Norwegian or Icelandic waters. They can export it to us tariff free. A win for Norway and British consumers. The fishermen who voted for this shit show, not so much.

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Iirc we've always got our cod from Norwegian or Icelandic waters. They can export it to us tariff free. A win for Norway and British consumers. The fishermen who voted for this shit show, not so much.

Apparently some UK fish business which has a mega trawler which used to fish in Norwegian waters is going under because of this - that’s 10% of the UK cod catch 

On 30/04/2021 at 08:21, Renton said:

Sleaze and corruption took down the tories last time. I think it will take down Johnson this time. He was squirming in PMQ, I think this is the tip of a pretty big iceberg. And what's the alternative? To just let it go, have a pointless toothless enquiry where it will be kicked into the long grass and forgotten about? Let him continue lying unabated? I hear all this criticism about what starmer is doing, but no suggestions what he should be doing. 

Ever wondered if it’s the voters who are the problem rather than the politicians?

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why do politicians agree to this stuff? He must have known he wasn’t going to look like a normal human being 

They probably gave him a bacon sandwich to eat afterwards.

Another win for the Labour PR team. FFS. They’re useless. Punch bag, you punch like Starmer you look ridiculous, if you take it serious you look like a psychopath, you can’t win.