Politics

Christmas Tree

15 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Scary

i think the opposite. they're preparing for a decade of opposition. they need to get this out of their system - hopefully it will take at least couple of full terms - before they realise again that elections are won from the centre. this like the labour party's corbyn moment in lots of ways.

Edited by Dr Gloom

54 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think the opposite. they're preparing for a decade of opposition. they need to get this out of their system - hopefully it will take at least couple of full terms - before they realise again that elections are won from the centre. this like the labour party's corbyn moment in lots of ways.

Or like Cameron in the late noughties. Or alternatively this time, given the extrremity of trhe party now, they literally cease to exist. With changing demographics (only about 15% of people under 50 will vote for them) and Braverman as their leader, it's possible. 

See, this is what happens when you lie constantly. It eventually catches up with you. Brexit was one of the big lies. It's severely damaged our country and might destroy the tories. NO way out noe. 

• Like 2

Aye but they've been unable to avoid the consequences of that lie by being consistently in power. And also, arguably, Brexit removed the one great scapegoat the Tories always had.

When Labour win it immediately muddies the water.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Aye but they've been unable to avoid the consequences of that lie by being consistently in power. And also, arguably, Brexit removed the one great scapegoat the Tories always had.

When Labour win it immediately muddies the water.

Well that's true but either way they'll need to reinvent themselves and the only way of achieving power in the UK is to move to the centre, like Blair and Cameron. Difficult to see any mechanism for that. And as I said, demographics, Murdoch gone and the reach of the written press reducing every year. Previously the tories got new cohorts of people as younger people had families and got on the property ladder and became cunts. Not any more, it's just been a complete shit show for the younger gen X and the millenials onwards. Honestly, it's looking very, very bad for them to me, but I don't really trust my own judgement on this, I admit. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well that's true but either way they'll need to reinvent themselves and the only way of achieving power in the UK is to move to the centre, like Blair and Cameron. Difficult to see any mechanism for that. And as I said, demographics, Murdoch gone and the reach of the written press reducing every year. Previously the tories got new cohorts of people as younger people had families and got on the property ladder and became cunts. Not any more, it's just been a complete shit show for the older gen X and the millenials onwards. Honestly, it's looking very, very bad for them to me, but I don't really trust my own judgement on this, I admit. 

Hope you're right on this, sincerely. I hope I live to see that party collapse to the point of not even being in opposition.

• Like 1

Btw, I'll drop this in. One of the "Network North" plans that was mentioned in the report was the reopening of the Leamside line, which has been campaigned locally for years. Less than a day later, it is removed. Sunak is as much an inveterate liar as Johnson. 

• Like 1

And look, they're operating a scorched Earth policy so LAbour will not be able to reverse HS2. No doubt for the benefit of donors. I mean, considering it is thelast year of the government, why not just mothball it for the next government to decide. Words cannot convey how much I hate these cunts. 

• Like 2

Honestly though, how much of this land was bought under market value or under CPOs, only to be resold a decade later when land and proprty prices have soared. This looks dodgy as fuck, I hope people are paying attention. Labour are going to inherit a catastrophic mess, and it's intentional. What else can you call these people but traitors? 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think I've said it before, but I would very genuinely support mass arrests of Tory politicians for crimes that IMO amount to treason over the past 5-10 years.

I’d support mass graves 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think I've said it before, but I would very genuinely support mass arrests of Tory politicians for crimes that IMO amount to treason over the past 5-10 years.

That would prevent the incoming doing the same things. 

59 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I haven't heard anyone say 'stand up and fight' as much as this fucking idiot since I watched status quo on top of the pops singing 'you're in the army. Now.' 

• Haha 4

Lewis Goodall describes the HS2 situation really well today in the News Agents, which is now my favourite political podcast. As he points out, people don't seem aware what a catastrophe this is, both for ruining the future economic integration of the country, but also what it says about our political system and our future in general. We are incapable of building a railway ffs.

He describes it as the worst thing the tories have done in their 13 years of power, which is saying something (must have forgotten about Brexit)

• Like 2

Bullying by Fiona Bruce! These GBeebies are the ultimate cry babies. Like that weird speech by Mordaunt. Absolutely amazing the party who have been in power for more than a decade have such a victim complex. Boo hoo. 

• Haha 1

People are still falling for Sir Michael Take because his pisstakes are entirely in keeping with the sort of thing the Tories are regularly coming out with 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

People are still falling for Sir Michael Take because his pisstakes are entirely in keeping with the sort of thing the Tories are regularly coming out with 

Replace his twitter name with Fabricant or Bone, he wouldn't raise an eyebrow. 

Talk of Farage rejoining the Conservative party now. Yes please! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1