Politics

Christmas Tree

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I think the BBC should start calling the present Tories fascists, because you should call a spade a spade.

This is the man who has held several ministerial roles in recent years yet is incapable of washing a mug.

image.png.c0f288af67ca954f834c31b56bd730cb.png

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I think the BBC should start calling the present Tories fascists, because you should call a spade a spade.

She was looking for a gotcha moment on literally the most complicated political situation in the world.

What specifically do you think makes Grant Schapps a fascist?

53 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

She was looking for a gotcha moment on literally the most complicated political situation in the world.

Fascist remark aside, all I saw from him there was a man who knew that the order to 1.1m people to relocate in 24 hours was an abominable action, who knew that he and his government should have opposed it, but who was too weak and lacking in leadership to do so - consequently just hedging the question in the standard politician way until the timer for the interview ran out.

He ran away and hid and we should not take him seriously as a politician, a leader or even a fucking man.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

She was looking for it because she asked a question but he kept waffling around without answering it at all.

Rejecting the core value of freedom of press by demanding broadcasters have to represent political views of a governing party because it is made law is very fascist to me. But you are right my comment was less about Schapps but rather other party members and their policies.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Fascist remark aside, all I saw from him there was a man who knew that the order to 1.1m people to relocate in 24 hours was an abominable action, who knew that he and his government should have opposed it, but who was too weak and lacking in leadership to do so - consequently just hedging the question in the standard politician way until the timer for the interview ran out.

He ran away and hid and we should not take him seriously as a politician, a leader or even a fucking man.

We lost the right to judge when we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.

Just now, Ginolaandtonic said:

What an utterly ridiculous comment. Journalists can’t ask politicians difficult questions about the present because of the actions of a previous government. You’re not very good at this btw 👍🏻

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

She was looking for it because she asked a question but he kept waffling around without answering it at all.

Rejecting a core value demanding broadcasters have to represent political views of a governing party because it is made law is very fascist to me. But you are right my comment was less about Schapps but rather other party members and their policies.

The word Fascism gets used far too often.

Having an immigration policy that isn’t a free for all is where all parties used to be and the word has been diluted.

Now, you either believe that there should be no limits whatsoever on immigration or you’re a fascist.

I’m sure there are many in the Israeli government who love bombing Palestinians but equally there are those who realise that peace is never going to be an option and that it’s a horrible consequence of having a homeland.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

What an utterly ridiculous comment. Journalists can’t ask politicians difficult questions about the present because of the actions of a previous government. You’re not very good at this btw 👍🏻

She did ask him. He just can’t answer in the way you’re suggesting for the reason I gave.

That doesn’t even make sense. Nice of you take on the mantle of the board’s contrarian edgelord btw. It’s been a while. Fucked if I can be arsed to further indulge you though 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

Now, you either believe that there should be no limits whatsoever on immigration or you’re a fascist.

What? :lol:

Stop being a silly Billy. 

Are the Tories fascists or bordering on it? There are 14 recognised signs of fascism. I personally count about 10 to 12 in the current government. Numbers 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14. So we're three quarters there. How many can you count? 

Screenshot_20231014_110946_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f6171be8e4504d8981b84f59e879ba1.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

We (the people) lost the right to judge when they (the govt at the time) sanctioned invasions in the middle east. Fuck off man. What a ridiculous argument.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

The word Fascism gets used far too often.

I’m not racist BUT stop the darkies coming here.

I’m sure there are many in the Israeli government who love bombing Palestinians but equally there are those who realise that peace is never going to be an option and that it’s a horrible consequence of having a homeland.

Fyp

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Peter Bone, your average member of the conservative back benchers group ERG :cuppa:

His defenceis it's a kangaroo court and the elite are trying to censor him because he believes in a soverign Britain. Wibble. 

• Like 3

Just stickin this from the Guardian here because its something not really talked about on this board or in the media in general. The fiscal drag put in place by Sunak and Hunt is equivalent to a fucking 6% rise in PAYE. Meanwhile the jug eared gnome is thinking about abolishing inheritance tax, a tax that only benefits the top 5% of inheritors and would save Sunak's family an estimated £300 million.

image.png.2ae9505c340f3148cb5ba6fabb77a0f9.png

• Like 1